Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow [Recruiting Alternates]

Bobitron

Explorer
Bihlbo said:
...(awesome work Bobitron!)

Awesome work? I'm just doing what the Widowmaker tells me to! Heheh. Good thing Hroth has a talent for giving us enough info to work from, 'cause I'd be standing there otherwise. :)

Bobitron

Explorer
Hope the hoildays went great for everyone!

Okay, now I am having trouble with email notifications. I'll get a post up tonight.

Well, since I'm here I'll be the first to ask...

What are your plans from here, Hroth? Planning a Chapter 2? Ending the game here? (Nice end to Chapter 1, btw) I'm definitely up for continuing, obviously with a new character as Valurel went out with a blaze of glory. Or I might be up for something else if you decide to move to another game depending on what you plan to do.

At any rate, it has been a blast. You are a heck of a writer, Hroth! :D

Bihlbo

Explorer
Hrothgar, I don't mean to sound like a brownnosing sycophant, but you've done a superb job with this game! I know I've only been in on the tail end with Chapter 5 here, but the way you've handled pacing, rules, the plot, descriptions.... I'm seriously impressed. I didn't think a PBP game could be so interesting and exciting. I love the way you've used the setting information too, and some of the ways you've kept posts clear and easy to follow are an improvement over what I've seen elsewhere. And you are an excellent writer.

In fact, on a number of occasions I've pointed the GM running my current weekly Midnight game to this one so he can get some good ideas for what we're doing in our game. When we encountered the caged undead along the road of blood and tears, I'll tell ya, we were spooked! If we ever end up in the Darkening Wood, I hope there's a bit of ghost stories we can tell about the place too.

I really hope there's a Book 2, and that I can get in on Book 2, Chaper 1. If you're planning to continue this storyline, are you thinking of involving new characters, or telling the further tales of those from Book 1?

Please, give us a heads up if you start something new because I'd like to get in on it, regardless of what it is.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Wow! I might have searched a little harder for song lyrics if I knew that it might come back to haunt people!

Great ending, Hroth. I'm up for continuing as well.

maddmic

Explorer
Very nice way to end it (so far). I too must stand with the others and say it's been a pleasure to be in this campaign to this point. I too would also like to say that I am REALLY wanting you to seriously consider cracking open chapter 2.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
It has been a lot of fun being part of this. Hrothgar, I believe you indicated you were going to do something else for a while and might come back to Midnight later. If you do, please let me know. If you decide to continue right now, I will probably take a pass on the next chapter, at least to start, as I am heading into a period where I will be extremely busy with work, family and three really intense semesters working on my Masters degree (hopefully the final three semesters).

Hrothgar

First Post
Everyone
I apologize for not responding sooner. Work is kicking my butt and I had a funeral to attend last weekend.

As for the future, right now I am burning out. Like I said, I am drowning in work. Someday I will continue Lost Faith's Shadow, but right now, I don't have the energy. Additionally, I want run a d20 Cthulhu game, but I will probably wait until the summer. Actually, I might try it over at Groovy Gamers.

If I do run Midnight again, I certainly will try to contact you all (assuming the email function still works (and I can find everyone if this site changes). Regardless, you all have reserved spots in my games, just in case I can't contact you and you happen along and find interest in a PbP I am running. BTW, how could I contact you all if I plan on running the second chapter in the future? Some of you have emailed me before. Is it through the email function here or is my email address listed in my profile?

Thanks to all of you for playing. For some of you, it was over 2 years! Wow! I hope everyone had a good time and good memories. As for me, I often open up the pic of the Heroes and reminisce about the adventures we have had. Too bad we could not get Mardo in that pic, with his garish outfit and business-minded attitude. That would have been good for a laugh, because despite that exterior, he was such a good comrade. Such good times. Like I have said before, I just wish we could all sit around a table and game and shoot stories since you all are great players and great people.

Take care, and maybe someday, don't be surprised to find an email from me wanting to start the second chapter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases