Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow [Recruiting Alternates]

elapse

First Post
Too generous...

2 whole hit points?!?!?

j/k :p

so what's up with everyone? I am still in that shaky feeling where I have been gone and am still trying to get a feel for where I belong in the line-up (in regards to the game). This is my first midnight game, and I find myself really excited to check the boards everyday to see where we progress. We have an interesting mix of characters and I am having fun developing Reznik.

The wife and I are pretty much settled in except for some minor things (boxes of books while she builds shelves, etc). I am getting to feel more at home at the office and with dealing with all the new folks. The warehouse and office I work in is a trash hole. The rodent problem is unreal as is the physical state of the building. In addition I inspected some of the other warehouses I am taking accountability for and they were fairly heinous as well. Oh well, at least the outhouse clean (yes, gents. there is no bathroom, just an outhouse).

ooh rah Marine Corps.

c'mon, someone else share a story so I can stop feeling sorry for myself. ;)

Bobitron

Explorer
[story] I work in a very nice company with lovely facilities and have a gorgeous, expensive apartment with two bathrooms in a place with under 1000 square feet. :p [/story]

Honestly, sorry to hear about your plight, elapse. I've lived in some pretty crappy places in the past and it's never a hoot. Rodents, huh? Not a fan.

Kaela is fun to play. I still feel she is somewhat worthless, but knocking a couple orcs out helped me feel a bit better about that. :] Our DM is a great writer (thanks, Hrothgar!) and I like the pace; not too fast, not too slow. I still think we are all going to die a very ugly death, but oh well. ;)

Yo're a Marine, huh? My brother is in the Army, started in the 82nd then got a job in DC for the National Guard Readiness Center or something like that. A REMF, hehe. He was just called up to deploy to Germany and be re-trained as an MP, so I have a bit of fear he's going to end up in Iraq. I have a great deal of respect for all those who serve, thanks very much.

Hrothgar

First Post
elapse said:
2 whole hit points?!?!?

j/k :p

so what's up with everyone? I am still in that shaky feeling where I have been gone and am still trying to get a feel for where I belong in the line-up (in regards to the game). This is my first midnight game, and I find myself really excited to check the boards everyday to see where we progress. We have an interesting mix of characters and I am having fun developing Reznik.

Yeah, I am really enjoying the characters so far. Each character is bringing a different perspective to the game making it fun for everyone. And I feel disheartened you think Kaela is worthless, Bobitron. :( Kaela offers the greatest support to Aislinn now that her parents are gone and makes a great contribution to the "glue" that holds the Heroes together. And thanks for the compliments. I too am having a good time. I hope this continues for a long time. And we are near completion of the first chapter!

The wife and I are pretty much settled in except for some minor things (boxes of books while she builds shelves, etc). I am getting to feel more at home at the office and with dealing with all the new folks. The warehouse and office I work in is a trash hole. The rodent problem is unreal as is the physical state of the building. In addition I inspected some of the other warehouses I am taking accountability for and they were fairly heinous as well. Oh well, at least the outhouse clean (yes, gents. there is no bathroom, just an outhouse).

ooh rah Marine Corps.

c'mon, someone else share a story so I can stop feeling sorry for myself. ;)

Lol. Reminds me of that summer I was forced to live in a fraternity house. Rent was cheap, but with all the roaches, vomit, and dirty clothes from the other inmates, I'm surprised I still have my health. Now I just live in the squalor generated by my two kids. But, at least it is my family's squalor. I can live with that. :)

My hat off to those that serve our country and protect us.

I, too, am really enjoying this game. Kudos to Hrothgar and the great group of writers we have here!

I run Midnight every other week for my face to face group and it is easily my favorite setting. This opportunity to be a player has been a blast!

Hrothgar

First Post
I have to admit, I had a little apprehension starting up this campaign. I did not know how the players would react to my vision of Midnight. I was dreading the, "Well, that's not my idea of Midnight." or "Players in my game would never get away with that." type of comments. Thanks to everyone being accomodating and rolling with the punches. :)

Remove ads