Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow [Recruiting Alternates]

Bobitron

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
Bobitron, how dare you! I really liked your character concept... :( (How about I delete you appove post? :D )

Hehehe. :lol: Don't go mad with moderate power, Bro.

I don't want to take up a slot in a game with so much interest when I am already in so many. Probably best anyhow, Shaman's new game is up and I committed to that one befroe it even started. ;)

Bobitron

Explorer
But I went and ordered the 2nd edition book cause I liked your character concept so much… :(

The book is awesome, I'm sure you will love it.

I dunno. I would like to get in on a Midnight game someday, but I feel bad taking on another when I'm in so many already. Especially when there people who want spots. I know it is first come first serve, but considering how quickly I tend to jump in on things, I don't exactly leave lots of windows of opportunity for those who only sign on 10-15 times a day. ;)

Bobitron

Explorer
I don’t think I’ll enjoy it so much without your character though… :(

I'll stay in if you really want me to.

Sorry, Ranger Rick. Maybe another spot will open up over the weekend. :heh:

Hrothgar

First Post
Bob
I thought your character would really present a nice contrast to many of the fighter types. Your character might really have some ideal role-playing moments given in this current adventure/campaign. If you want to stay, I'll make room for seven players.

Elapse and Krug
You have both brought up something that this page might not explain so well. As you guys know from Midnight 1E, barter has replaced the monetary system in war-torn Eredane. In 2E, the gold piece standard has been replaced by value points. In the characer descriptions on this site, each class gets so many value points much like a starting character gets so many gold pieces in standard D+D. Since we all don't have Midnight 2E, let's just call 1 vp = 1 gp. However, in Northern Eredane, contraband (weapons, armor, etc.) has a regional modifier of x2, meaning weapons, armor, etc. actually cost twice as much. Thus, Krug, a greataxe in the Player's Handbook costs 20 gp, it will have a value of 40 vp in Northern Eredane. Food, Raw Materials, and Finished Goods (simple weapons, light armor, rope, leatherwork, etc.) all have x3 regional multipliers in Northern Eredane.

All players need to consider this when purchasing starting equipment for their characters.

KL and RR

Monday is not too late for a character. I'll list you both as players unless you want out.

RR

The monk has been replaced with the defender, a warrior that uses her own fists, kicks, and improvised weapons to fight the Shadow. Your "at a glance background" works. Just flesh it out and scratch "monestary". :)

Everyone

One thing I would like you to consider is what you envision your character's role would be in Caft. When I open the first scene, I don't want to have your character doing things you would not agree with. Does your character frequent the inn when the sun goes down for some ale? Does she hang out with other outsiders? A loner? Or does she just gather her meal from her employer's wife and sullenly eat her meal in quiet under a knotted pine, thankful for a break from back-breaking toil? I have not given out too many details on the adventure/campaign because I want some input from you on your character's actions. The opening scene should set things up with enough information for role-playing to begin.

Also, do any of the heroes (player characters) interact with each other in Caft? Are any friends? You might wish to consider this when writing up backgrounds.

I look forward to more characters!

BTW, I will not have internet access until Saturday. I'll check back then.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Okay, I'm still in! I'll get Kaela finished up this weekend. I doubt I will have much to get in terms of gear, so I just need to decide if I want more spells and work on her background.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bobitron said:
Okay, I'm still in! I'll get Kaela finished up this weekend.
Great! :D Now I need to place that order for the book tonight or I will be the one feeling guilty. ;)

(I too will need sometime to finish my character. My books are in storage, locally and I have access to it but half the stuff I moved across country is in there also and I will need time to find them.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases