Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow [Recruiting Alternates]

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I don't think you've held anything up, but now that we have probably scared the bejeezus out of the Sarcosan woman, maybe you can calm things down...at least until she turns out to be fell, tries to eat one of us and we have to kill her.

Hrothgar

First Post
No problem, Mardo. Actually, I never thought it was against anyone else. Very nice call on the Diplomacy. Well played. I did not quite expect that. :)

Hope you feel better, Bobitron.

Thornir Alekeg said:
I don't think you've held anything up, but now that we have probably scared the bejeezus out of the Sarcosan woman, maybe you can calm things down...at least until she turns out to be fell, tries to eat one of us and we have to kill her.

Aw, c'mon. Like, when would I ever do that?

Bobitron

Explorer
Hi everyone!

So I've been talking to Hrothgar a bit about interviewing him for the podcast I contribute to. Over at GroovyGamers, a site dedicated to PbP I admin at, we have a podcast that discusses gaming and online gaming in particular, with a heavy slant toward PbP. A couple other interviews with DM's have gone very well, giving some insight into what the DM and players feel makes that game such a great experience.

This is where you guys come in! I'm working up an outline for the interview and I'm curious if there are any questions or comments you would like to share. We do these interviews to share examples of great PbP gaming with our audience, and I think this group has worked together to make this game one of the best PbP's I've been associated with.

Here's some examples of questions asked on a previous podcast.

Tell us about your game.

Give the kind of information you might provide in a recruitment thread:
- Game Title
- Game system
- Setting
- Number of players
- Average posting rate

What about this game is particularly fun for you to play and run?

Can you give us one example from the game that could help us get a sense of what the game is about or why it's fun?

This could be any anecdote from the game that gives a sense of the dynamic. Examples could include an entertaining player quote, a situation the characters found themselves in and how they handled it, a plotline that was interesting, or just about anything else you think is noteworthy.

In the interest of time, please keep this answer to one relatively brief anecdote.

Do you use any house rules that are geared specifically toward PbP gaming? Have these rules accomplished what you'd hoped?

I will want you to provide some justification/examples here, pro and/or con.

What particular challenges have you faced running this game?

How did you manage to deal with these challenges to make the game successful?

After this more general discussion, we move into the nuts and bolts of the game. There will be a thread on GG containing links to each of the threads here on EN World. I'll have Hroth run me through an example combat post and maybe a couple examples of IC posting that he felt went very well.

None of this is set in stone. If you have a particular question or an example of what Hrothgar might want to discuss, throw it out there! I'd like to tailor the interview to reflect the game better.

-Bob

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I have a question for Hrothgar:

Is it true that this campaign started as a therapy assignment gone horribly wrong, intended to develop more empathy and reverse a tendency towards sadistic behavior? :p

Hrothgar

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
I have a question for Hrothgar:

Is it true that this campaign started as a therapy assignment gone horribly wrong, intended to develop more empathy and reverse a tendency towards sadistic behavior? :p

Ummm...would you think less of me if I said yes? :p

Hrothgar

First Post
Bobitron said:
Vacation time! I'll be away for a bit. Expect me back around the 21st. :)

Ack. I want a vacation, too.

Everyone, just when the Heroes crossed the Pelluria, I have fast forwarded the Heroes across the plains of Erenland. I had several ideas for roleplaying, but with a PbP, that would just drag out too long. Too bad we couldn't all sit down together around a table!

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Hrothgar said:
I had several ideas for roleplaying, but with a PbP, that would just drag out too long. Too bad we couldn't all sit down together around a table!

That would be great considering my face to face gaming group just went south last night as two of the players (out of four) announced they are moving and will no longer be able to game.

I'll have to get to work on that teleportation device I've been trying to build in my basement. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases