Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow [Recruiting Alternates]

Sorry folks, I might just have gotten the party killed with Valurel's statement and actions. :p

I believe his statements and actions are very much in character, especially with his feelings of hopelessness and despair over the past several weeks of game time. He's tired of he and his friends being mistreated and the fact that his own kind are now doing so pushed him over the edge. And remember, he does have the Beast path... :)

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Lodric has no idea what Valurel just said, so when the elves turn him into a human pincushion, he won't go to his grave blaming Valurel for provoking them but will instead blame himself for once again not listening to Herger.

Hrothgar

First Post
Toric_Arthendain said:
He's tired of he and his friends being mistreated and the fact that his own kind are now doing so pushed him over the edge. And remember, he does have the Beast path... :)

I have to admit that I am happy to hear this...it is hard to emphasize the brutal and hope-sapping world of Midnight by PbP (at least from my experience running this over the past two years). Valurel's words were well spoken in my opinion; Valurel's words (not too mention his presence) is one reason the Heroes were not shot or turned back to the Fields of Ash and Blood. :)

Bihlbo

Explorer
Toric_Arthendain said:
Sorry folks, I might just have gotten the party killed with Valurel's statement and actions. :p

Hehe. I thought it was great in-character stuff.

I hope it came across, but Mardo's actions are meant to be a type of comedy relief. He's acting like an exaggerated buffoon who thinks everything just went horribly wrong in order to point out to those involved that things really aren't that bad yet. Maybe it'll calm things down.

Heck, it might even be grounds for a Diplomacy check!

Bihlbo

Explorer
Hrothgar said:
... the Elven woman turns to Starhl and Mardo. Your fate is as you decide it.

I don't know if I made it too vague, but the fate that Mardo decided upon was to comply with her wishes and make her an offer to carry the weapon for the elves. She could have said that he's not going to carry the weapons, but for sure his statements were to comply and accept that he and the rest are prisoners willing to help their war effort. Are we to understand that she thought he and Stahrl were unyielding, and therefore intentionally lost them in the woods?

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Bihlbo said:
I don't know if I made it too vague, but the fate that Mardo decided upon was to comply with her wishes and make her an offer to carry the weapon for the elves. She could have said that he's not going to carry the weapons, but for sure his statements were to comply and accept that he and the rest are prisoners willing to help their war effort. Are we to understand that she thought he and Stahrl were unyielding, and therefore intentionally lost them in the woods?
I have a feeling it has less to do with the offer to carry the weapons, whether you were permitted to or not, than it does with:
Bihlbo said:
Mardo, with no obvious weapon on his person, has nothing to lay down. His mind however, races in making a list of the weapons he knows of that the party has concealed or cannot lose.

OOC: In a roundabout way, Mardo is attempting to help with the Diplomacy check also, +12.
Mardo's hoping that the dagger is hidden enough, and that they don't notice that the strap around his shoulder is a sling.
I suspect the woods themselves know you are carrying a hidden weapon and so they have refused admittance.

Hrothgar

First Post
Thornir has the gist of it, but realize Luthorien (whom you can gather from conversation does not have alot of patience) is done dealing with the Heroes. As she stated at the time she turned to head into the forest that the Heroes had made their decisions as far as she was concerned.

Mardo and Starhl are not familiar with Erethor, especially the forest near the Plains of Ash and Blood. We are, because we buy all the cool supplements from FFG. :) The forest at the burning edge is angry, and the Whisper is becoming something unto itself, a destructive force that even the Elves are beginning to fear. Closer to the actual burning line, the forest might do worse than just redirect people entering Erethor - it may very well tear them limb from limb.

Don't feel I am penalizing Mardo or Starhl - they have conviction and made their decisions. Now let them write their own chapter in the war against Shadow. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases