Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow [Recruiting Alternates]

Bihlbo

Explorer
By the way, putting them to sleep was a brilliant move here, if it lasts. You might be able to use ghost sound to produce "white noise" that makes the battle muffled in the area of the sleepers. It's too bad that most of these could succeed on a DC 20 Str check in their sleep, or web would be pretty useful too. It might be worth a shot, just to give the elves some more rounds of arrow volleys.

Unkabear

First Post
If at all possible I would like to submit a character concept for an alternate. He would be a Sarcosan Charismatic Channeler with either the Healing or Dragonblooded Heroic Path. If you are still taking alternates then I would love to write up a detailed hisotry for him.

My tabletop game plays Midnight 2e and I am fairly comfortable with the system.

Bobitron

Explorer
Hi Unka!

Hrothgar said:
OOC: Two orcs are asleep! Reading the spell descriptions for sleep and deep slumber, it says normal noise will not awaken those put to sleep. Will the sounds of battle? What do you think, Bobitron?

I guess I would rule that melee within a certain distance would wake them on a fairly easy Will save. What that distance would be is up to you; maybe 20 feet? 40 feet? I dunno.

Last edited:

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I'll add my 2cp to this - if sleep or deep slumber can be woken by the sound of battle, it sort of defeats the purpose of the spell - to take enemies out of the fight. They already have to make a save when the spell is cast, and their is no rule for a circumstance bonus for things like a battle occuring when it is cast. My opinion is that the intent of the spells allow someone to easily awaken a target of the spell by taking an action to do so, but they would not awaken without some kind of direct interaction such as being shaken or injured.

Bobitron

Explorer
Hmmm... that's a good point. I agree that it is intended as a 'soft' offensive spell. I guess if a chance to awaken happened everytime a loud noise happened, I've been using it wrong F2F since I started playing D&D. :)

Hrothgar

First Post
I guess I brought up the subject of the sleep spell because of the loud roaring of the ogre and oruks. Playing devil's advocate, maybe sleep was never designed for combat, but instead as a means of stealth or assassination? I've always played it like Bobitron, but I just wondered if this was one of those cases were "normal noise" did not apply. Then again, the spell description refers to it as "magical slumber".

OK, the two orcs stay asleep.

Krug

Newshound
Ok I haven't completely updated my char sheet beyond adding +1 to BAB and adding another level of fighter. What else needs to be done? What does Warg get at 5th level? Sorry about it.

Bihlbo

Explorer
Krug said:
Ok I haven't completely updated my char sheet beyond adding +1 to BAB and adding another level of fighter. What else needs to be done? What does Warg get at 5th level? Sorry about it.

Look for the info in the Midnight SRD, Krug.

The warg HP is very cool, I once played a channeler with that path. At level 5 you can Wild Shape into your bonded animal once per day (Med or smaller). Also, I haven't looked at your character sheet, but make sure you have your Warrior's Way ability granted at level 4. You can read more about that in the Midnight SRD, in case you don't have the book.

Hrothgar

First Post
Thanks, Bihlbo.

Unkabear said:
If at all possible I would like to submit a character concept for an alternate. He would be a Sarcosan Charismatic Channeler with either the Healing or Dragonblooded Heroic Path. If you are still taking alternates then I would love to write up a detailed hisotry for him.

My tabletop game plays Midnight 2e and I am fairly comfortable with the system.

Unkabear, thanks for the interest. You posted a while back and I have had you listed as an alternate since that time. Glad you came back! Sure, submit a character, but one thing I need to discuss with my players is...

What's next? As I have said, this is the final chapter in the first book of A Lost Faith's Shadow. I never thought I would be this blessed to have such great players and to have this game go for almost two years! Wow. What a testament to the players. But, all great things must end. The characters are nearing the end soon here (at least for the first Chapter). I have to admit, I have been itching to run a CoC/Delta Green campaign and GMing two PbP games would just be too much for me. What do you guys think? After this chapter is done, should we go our separate ways? Maybe in the future, if luck holds out and we are all still playing D+D and at ENWorld, start the second chapter? Or do we continue with the Midnight campaign? Then again, 4th Ed. will probably be out by then and I may be officially retired. :)

Then again, maybe some of you feel like some CoC. :] :eek:

maddmic

Explorer
Well, my vote is an obvious continue on to book 2. :)

I understand if you have desires to run another game and as Toric (my f2f DM) can attest, I've always told him to do what he finds most enjoyable and fun. Therefore, run what you enjoy and find fun. If you can't please yourself, then I'm a firm believer that it will show in the game and more importantly you'll be cheating yourself.

NOW....
If you're asking straight up for my opinion, I would love it if you cracked open the cover of an empty book and continued writing this great story. Scarce are the games in which I feel as close a connection to my character as I do in your game. And scarce are the games that last with participation from the players and GM for as long as this game has. In truth, this game is the SOLE reason I still frequent EnWorld.

If you decide to shelve this one after this chapter ends, then I shall applaud you and my fellow players for a well run, exciting, and fun game and story.

If you decide to keep running, then I shall commit to playing the game until it is in fact officially ended. I think that the group is well rounded, has a great history, and compliments each other. (Yes even the newbie runt. :) )

So, take the time you need to decide and weigh everything. Don't rush to a decision that will cheat you. We've got plenty of time until this book ends..... right? :confused:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases