Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow [Recruiting Alternates]

Bobitron

Explorer
I had a chance today to review the Herbalism section of the SRD and holy moley the times and DC's involved are pretty hefty. I wouldn't say unrealistic, but hefty, especial considering a band like ours is almost always on the move. I thought I had the Herbalist feat to let me make concoctions, but I don't yet, and the high Survival DC's will make it very tough for me to gather the needed herbs anyhow. Ah well. The stuff I have now would give bonuses to save vs Poison and Disease or Spot and Listen checks, but wouldn't be helpful now. I have the feat to increase the rate of healing, but that isn't much help if I'm unconcious and healing as well! :)

Edit: Hmmm... actually, it's afternoon at the time of your last post, Hroth. Can I make use of my Natural Healer feat to get everyone up to full? Also, can I rely on the elves for the survival checks or to get me herbs? The herbalism rules seem vague as to what herbs are needed for the different effects, but could they just 'stock me up'?

Last edited:

Hrothgar

First Post
Bobitron said:
I had a chance today to review the Herbalism section of the SRD and holy moley the times and DC's involved are pretty hefty. I wouldn't say unrealistic, but hefty, especial considering a band like ours is almost always on the move. I thought I had the Herbalist feat to let me make concoctions, but I don't yet, and the high Survival DC's will make it very tough for me to gather the needed herbs anyhow. Ah well. The stuff I have now would give bonuses to save vs Poison and Disease or Spot and Listen checks, but wouldn't be helpful now. I have the feat to increase the rate of healing, but that isn't much help if I'm unconcious and healing as well! :)

Edit: Hmmm... actually, it's afternoon at the time of your last post, Hroth. Can I make use of my Natural Healer feat to get everyone up to full? Also, can I rely on the elves for the survival checks or to get me herbs? The herbalism rules seem vague as to what herbs are needed for the different effects, but could they just 'stock me up'?

Good call, Bobitron. Everyone, listen up. Everybody is now at full hit points. With Kaela's Natural Healer feat AND the small power nexus where the Heroes stayed, everyone healed fully.

Yes, the Elves can find the herbs you want - the same amount as a successful search by Kaela during that time. I'll assume the Elves are searching for you while you help the other Heroes.

Make sure everyone is always checking their character sheets for things like this that might help the party. I know there is not much in terms of items in a Midnight campaign, but there might be feats that would help. BTW, I rarely check the character sheets, except to look at AC, etc. that you might have forgotten to post during a battle. Thanks to Bihlbo, maddmic, and everyone else for helping answer questions. :)

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Gargh! Slammed at work this week. I'll be in the office with some downtime this weekend, so I'll get caught up then. No stupid tree is going to keep Keala down!

Hrothgar

First Post
Everyone
I will be on and off vacation over the next few weeks, so my posting will be sporadic. I probably won't have internet connection for the next 5-6 days, but after that I will try to get a post up ASAP.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases