Exotic Weapons

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Tell us, O' EN World. Tell us of your exotic weapons, your crazy WoTC weapons that actually were used well, your strange magic weapons and your improvised weapons.

My personal favorite was the grave robber character who had a spade for his back-up weapon. It was treated like a club, which means he could technically throw it. The visual of a man throwing a spade like a javelin was too good to pass up.

Demiurge out.

Oberyn

First Post
My drunken master player has had many odd improvised weapons, I will make a short list of it.

*Chair
*a giants fork
*a drow preistess (she was knocked out and he was enlarged)
*sewer cover
*Corset and Bodice (he whipped off his disguise)
*Wooden Teeth
*a chastity belt (HIS own, even paid over 200g for it to have a DC 40 lock)
*an elephants... well erm... lets jsut say it was whiplike but it wasnt its trunk.

This was all in two sessions! lol he didnt like to carry his things from one place to another.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
OK, I'm going to beg for a brief derail explaining the drunken master's chastity belt thing. That sounds like wacky fun.

The only exotic weapon I've used is a spiked chain in the hands of a nasty gnoll ranger bounty hunter in the employ of Bargle the Infamous. (This was my Karameikos campaign.)

Maldur

First Post
I had a rouge that almost died several times by being hit by a salami and/or a frying pan wielded by another character.

Talk about embarasing deaths

Runesong42

First Post
A PC in my d20 modern group discovered that a broken rake was the best weapon for the job.

The PC's were set upon by a 'team' of liquefied zombies and toxic sludges. Through clever observation, he learned that the zombies spewed acid when struck by any weapon other than blunt... he proceeded to bludgeon the zombies into submission. Same player figured out that the sludges were largely immune to most attacks, save those from non-blunt attacks. He breaks the rake, ties one end to a string, and makes a really crude harpoon. He proceeds to use the harpoon to finish off the sludge.

He kept the rake and called it "Oozeslayer".

Bront

The man with the probe
Not in D20, but I've seen someone take "Beer damage". It was a dramatic wound in 7th sea when he made a miraculous failure on a drinking check (I think it was his 8th mug of island mash). It was quite funny.

The Shaman

First Post
I'm running an investigator in a d20 CoC game whose weapon is an ice axe.

Someday I want to run a gnome who uses turnips and carrots as ranged weapons...

Arc

First Post
A character in a spycraft game that I once ran made very effective use of a ballpeen hammer. Those things are deadly.

Also infamous from that game was white phosphorous grenades. Fire damage is really powerful. It also lead to our most talked about critical failure, when an agent botched a heal check to scrape the phosphorous off a captured spy, and managed to slit her throat instad.

Oberyn

First Post
About the chastity belt.

He calls it gnoll slayer lol.

After putting on his blindfold of blindsight he challenged a bar maid to a game of "pin me on you" as he called it. well she had her rogue hubby slip in in the ngiht and fit him with a chastity belt. They couldnt get it off for a few days since no one had open lock as a class skill and no one had any spells. So one day they were sleeping under the stars away from their camp (that one is hard to explain). Well it was jsut him and the fighter. The fighter had his adamantine maul with him.
In the night they were ambushed by gnolls. they were in a feild so the drunken master had nothing to use and finally said "Just sunder my D*AMN chastity belt!"...
So after a bout of giggles frome veryone the fighter did it (ow:confused:). The monk proceded to pick up a peice or two of it and rolled not only one but 5 criticals with it on the gnolls. he killed every gnoll he went against in one strike. After that he had it reforged and now carrys a key around his neck and whenever they meet a tough group (the gnolls all had at least 2 levels of fighter) there is an exchange between the fighter and drunken master.
Fighter: Shall i sunder your chastity belt again? these guys look tough!"
Drunken Master: NO! No thanks, i have a key this time.

P.S. throughout the rest of the combat after the sunder to the groin i made the player say everything in a falsetto voice lol.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Ahhh, the hillarity of monks in chastity belts.

My only "exotic" weapon was carried around by a Bard I played once.

He was a Dwarven smith and storyteller, and his major weapon was his "Trusty Walkin' Stick". I thought a quarterstaff was too long, and a club was too small, so I went with the mace stats for it. Masterwork, built himself, eventually enchanted it as well.

It was my experiment to see if a Bard would make a good item-crafter. Which he did surprisingly well at. And his bardic "music" was stories:

"So ... there I was, gnolls all around me. They've been hunting me for weeks. It's pouring out, did I mention that? Anyway, it's pouring down rain and there I am, buck naked, with naught to defend m'dignity and my life but for a carp of unusual size named Carl..."

So there was evidently a fish used as a weapon as well ... Carl was a recurring character in some of the stories. Unfortunately I never got a chance to weild any carp of unusual size in the game itself.

--fje

Remove ads