Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The New Class

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper appears to recover, and answers the professor's question.

"It was buried, underneath this warforged we rescued."

She waves a grey finger vaguely in the direction of Cog.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Vhir stops into the kitchen to retrieve a few fresh loaves of bread and some strong tea that he brings back to the others. He listens quietly as the others discuss their dreams, thinking of the disturbing sights he saw as well. At the mention of the pollens and fumes, Vhir speaks up. "Last night we did visit with the old woman from the hexology store to learn as much as we could about the natural plants in the area. Perhaps we picked up some strange plant dust that our bodies are not used to, and then spread it around to the rest of our companions."

Bront

The man with the probe
"That doesn't seem likely. I think it's more likely related to our relitive closeness to the shard." Johan says while waiting for Midian.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson

Midian hops back into the room.

"Talbot's outside waiting. I don't suppose we solved the nightmare mystery already, did we?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"No, but I think that is something that I can help little with. I shall see you all later," Johan says, and then sets off with Cog and Midian to the Caanith Enclave

Primus

First Post
"How curious," the Professor muttered, turning the stone end over end before handing it back to Whisper. "An intriguing find. Once this storm lets up, we can travel to the lab I've had set up at the Enclave and run a few tests."

"As for your nightmares. Its probably because of being in a new place. They say our dreams are just metaphors for the things we experience during the day, the mind's way of coping. Perhaps something about this town just sets you in a queer mood."

As Cog, Johan, and Midian walked out into the rain they were struck by just how silly going out in this weather was. The wind was trying as hard as it could to veritably blow them away, though it was not succeeding, and within moments they were soaked to the bone.

The Cannith enclave was a few blocks down, built within the ruins of an old giant outpost. The gnome behind the counter seemed more than a bit shocked by the entrance of visitors on this day. "Good day. My, I didn't expect anyone to come in today. Not with another of them... our-i-cans on the way. What can I do you for?"

"I am in need of repair," Cog said, indicating the jagged rend in his carapace.

The gnome nodded and bade the three sit down and wait for an artificer to arrive.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson

Midian, shaking water out of his ears, offers, "I think he's referring to the storm, Johan." He turns to the gnome, his helpful smile in place as he corrects, "I believe they're properly called 'hurricanes,' sir. And, well, we seem to be making a habit of walking into trouble, so why should wind and rain deter us?"

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper doesn't seem convinced by the professor's words, and presses it a bit further.

"I've had ordinary nightmares before. This was nothing like them. This...it took something from me. I was so frightened that..." she pauses, struggling for words. "I didn't think it was possible to be so afraid," she finally manages, lamely. "Could this have been some kind of magical assault? Or are there creatures that can attack through dreams?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Vhir finishes the last of his tea and bread. Feeling restless he stands and tightens his cloak before walking outside onto the porch to watch the storm. Amazing, he thinks to himself. Such a storm would be talked about for years back home on the plains... He stares out into the driving rain, lost in his own thoughts.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases