Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The New Class

Primus

First Post
Alright, give it a try. Two Favored in House rolles (1d20+1).

The Barding'll be a DC 13.
The armor is 15 for Chain Shirt, 17 for Breast Plate. 21 for Full Plate.

EDIT: Hehe, I mispelled shirt and got censored.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Vhir misses the ground. He misses the smell of earth, the feel of grass blades against the soles of his feet, the sunlight filtering through the tree leaves. The airship is an amazing vessel, but it leaves him feeling small and helpless. Anything could go wrong, plunging them all thousands of feet to their deaths.
When he can bear it, he leaves his room for the top deck to stare up at the massive body of the fire elemental. He tries to sense whether it is one gargantuan fire elemental, or hundreds of smaller ones. Kreelah is little help communicating with the being as she is having more fun mercilessly taunting him over his fear of flying. He does try to venture over to the railing, but every time he looks over he can feel a tightening in the pit of his stomach. After his brief foray to the deck, he returns to his room to practice contacting the spirit world.
The few times he travels to the top deck, he scans the horizon nervously for coming storms that the captain mentioned.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Predicting the Weather - Survival +4 - DC15 / 24 hours.
[/SBLOCK]

Spells Prepared
[SBLOCK]
0/Level - 3/Day
Light
Virtue
Guidance
----------------
1/Level - 3/Day
Entangle
[/SBLOCK]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Tel feels pretty comfortable in the air ship. He'd seen them frequently enough on the farm near Stormhome, but has never actually BEEN on an airship. He helps out however he can, otherwise, he looks over the railing and enjoys the wind in his (short) hair.

Bront

The man with the probe
Primus said:
Alright, give it a try. Two Favored in House rolles (1d20+1).

The Barding'll be a DC 13.
The armor is 15 for Chain Shirt, 17 for Breast Plate. 21 for Full Plate.

EDIT: Hehe, I mispelled shirt and got censored.
OOC: That would be once chain I wouldn't want :confused:
Barding roll: 18 Success :)
Armor Roll: 4 Failure :(

Oh well, never hurt to try to pull a few strings :) I intend to generaly use the favors more as a flavor thing (Like having the house pay for dinner earlier, minor things like that) , but never hurts to use it occasionaly.

Ozmar

First Post
Boromar explores every inch of the vessel. He volunteers for any tasks that may assist the crew, particularly those for which he is well-suited (such as those that require concentration or long periods of sustained effort). In his downtime, he talks with anyone who will suffer his company, particularly Professor d'Ghallanda or Captain d’Lyrander.

"What is our itinerary? How will we travel to Xen'Drik? What is our mission once we arrive? What will this unit's duties be in Xen'Drik?"

On this particular afternoon, Boromar is standing on deck with the prof and captain, and listening in on their conversation.

Shayuri

First Post
Curious about those things herself, Whisper drifts unobtrusively into earshot of Boromar, the Professor, and the Captain.

(also, bump! :))

Primus

First Post
“There, lovely?” came a voice from directly behind whisper. “Nothing out there but trouble and woe. Better you stay up here.”

The masked and cloaked changeling turned, her mask hiding her surprise at having been snuck up on so perfectly. Behind her stood one of the half-elven crewmen who smiled at her quite warmly. “The sky, its where we belong,” he mused, coming to lean against the railing next to her.

“You are Whisper, correct?” the half-elf said with a look of mock concern, “It would be a shame if I had mistaken her for some other masked and cloaked figure, quite embarrassing for one whose supposed to see through disguises.”

“How do you do? I am the ship’s wizard, you can call me Sool.

[sblock]Gimme a Spot check, Whisp.[/sblock]

- - - -

Up on deck, Vhir’s skills at predicting the weather revealed to him that, at least for the immediate period, they would be in little danger of encountering storms. However a low-hanging cloudbank right in there path proved to leave the ship quite humid and wet.

[sblock]Also give me a spot check.[/sblock]

- - - -

Over the course of the last day, Boromar had elicited the following responses from the others.

“Soon enough, my metallic friend,” said Captain d’Lyrander, “We should be there within four days, though if the weather is worse than Sool expects it could take us an extra day or two.”

“Once we get to Sharn, I’ve booked passage on a gnomish elemental galleon, Boromar,” the professor said with a smile. “There you and your classmates will assist me in collecting and cataloging natural and thaumaturgical medicinal sources. You will also be allowed to do your own exploring, though I would suggest you take a guide on such journeys. The guide I have hired for my own explorations will be meeting us aboard the ship once we reach Sharn.”

On this particular day, the Captain and the Professor were merely talking about some events that had happened in the old days. Nothing of particular interest to the warforged, though it is assured that he listened with rapt attention to the entire story.

- - - -
Tel, meanwhile, was actually hanging from the side of the ship from a complex rope and pulley system. The gnomish artificer Giphil had asked the young man to accompany him on a check of the elemental bindings on the ship’s hull. Now they were both completely below the ship, only a number of pulleys and winches between them and plunging to their deaths. As Tel held items (such as strange arcane tools and a large piece of paneling) that the gnome passed him, he could not help but glance down at the flaming elemental ring that was so near and at the ground below that which was so very far away.

[sblock]I want a Listen check from Tel.[/sblock]

And down below, Midian, Johan, and Talbot all waited for the trip to be completed (and possibly for dinner to be served).

[sblock]Listen checks from you two (one for the animal too).[/sblock]

And up above, Whisper and Sool first, then the rest of the ship and its crew vanished into the cloud, the curling tendrils of mist soaking them and infecting them with an aching chill that had little to do with the actual temperature.

[sblock]Will Saves![/sblock]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Tel, hanging from the pullies and ropes can't help but look down from time to time. When he isn't distracted by the huge elemental ring, he is studying what the gnome is doing to the ship, trying to learn what he can.
[sblock]Listen Check: 20
Will Save: 12[/sblock]

Ozmar

First Post
Primus said:
“Once we get to Sharn, I’ve booked passage on a gnomish elemental galleon, Boromar,” the professor said with a smile. “There you and your classmates will assist me in collecting and cataloging natural and thaumaturgical medicinal sources. You will also be allowed to do your own exploring, though I would suggest you take a guide on such journeys. The guide I have hired for my own explorations will be meeting us aboard the ship once we reach Sharn.”

"What is the guide's name, race and physical description?"

[sblock]Boromar's will save is: 13 + 2 = 15.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian

Midian pinches his nose and tries to get his ears to pop. They keep getting stopped up at this altitude, and it's driving him more batty than the look Talbot keeps giving him.

Midian's rolls: [sblock]Listen 6
Will Save 24[/sblock]

Talbot's rolls:[sblock]Listen 21
Will Save 11[/sblock]

Remove ads