Doctor Who? [Possible Spoilers for Season 2]

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Just read this bit at Lying in the Gutters

Spoiler warnings for all (and a block of spoiler text to be on the safe side) involving a possible character to be played by Anthony Steward Head in the second season.

Rich Johnston said:
DOCTOR WHO? - OH HIM.

Word reached me of an FX team working on test footage of... well... okay, spoilers on.

[SBLOCK]Morphing an image of the head of the late Antony Ainley (who played The Master in Doctor Who during the nineteen eighties) into the head of... well. Antony Stewart. Head, against a cricketing background. Does this mean that a) it's a stunt, b) they're ignoring Eric Robert's portrayal of The Master in the Paul McGann TV movie or c) Antony Stewart Head will play The Master in the second series of the new Doctor Who?[/SBLOCK]

And we're back again. Tissue Compression Eliminator anyone?

Hmmm... I had speculated about this in an earlier thread. Would be incredibly awesome if true.

One other note- the character ASH is listed as playing in that particular episode is just listed as "Headmaster". Well, the actor's last name is Head...

Last edited:

Kilmore

First Post
Not really a spoiler, as it's been announced on the British news, but Sarah Jane Smith is returning for an episode, and she's bringing the Doctor's dog.

MonsterMash

First Post
Kilmore said:
Not really a spoiler, as it's been announced on the British news, but Sarah Jane Smith is returning for an episode, and she's bringing the Doctor's dog.
Yes, I'll be happy to see Sarah Jane back, but not so glad to see K9 again.

At some point in season 2 I believe the Cybermen may be turning up.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Crap! I just found out that, due to scheduling conflicts, John Barrowman won't be returning in any of the second season episodes. He's reportedly signed for season three, but... No Jack Harkness!!! Man!

PS- the more I read about ASH, the more convinced I am that he's going to be the Master. The episode is called "School Reunion"- IIRC, the Doctor and the Master were school companions on Gallifrey. That, plus the whole "Headmaster" thing sounds like the sort of "tongue in cheek" not-really a denial joke that I could see the writers trying to pull off.

(Oh, and ASH was at one point up for the role of the Doctor, as well.)

Still...

No Harkness!!!!

Last edited:

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Tony Head as one of the supream forces of evil loose in the multiverse...

That is TCFW.

(Too Cool For Words)

He was up for the Good Doctor at one point, was wonderful for many years on Buffy, and has apparently wanted to play someone wicked. This will be nifty. However, will the actor playing the Doctor match him, 'cause Tony could all to easily dominate the show.

The Doctor once remarked that preventing the drafting and signing of the Magna Carter (thus derailing most of world history for the last few centuries) was "small time villany" by the Master's standards.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases