Ban the Thayan Menace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Thayan Menace

First Post
My Fellow Roleplayers,

Although it was never my intention to rile anyone, I now realize that I have offended numerous ENworld patrons with my posts.

Therefore, I have decided to start this thread in an effort to reform my on-line persona and establish better rapport with my fellow RPG enthusiasts.

I am basically asking for any suggestions you may have on improving my relationship with all of you.

Furthermore, I promise to listen attentively to your critiques; I will not respond in a critical fashion ... regardless of what is said about me.

So ... please, give me your commentary; I really could benefit from it.

Thanks for your assistance. :)

-Samir Ibn Asad (The Menace)

msd

First Post
With all due respect, it is exactly this kind of post/thread that seems to be the issue. You seem to enjoy threads in which you are the center of attention.

My humble advice?

Sit back, relax, and just be yourself. Not you being more clever than you really are. Not you as you think we would like you to be. Just sit back and focus on making a positive contribution to the community by talking the same way as if we were all sitting around a table.

And no more #$%@#$%^&* images, please... ;)

the Jester

Legend
I actually find you quite amusing, but to improve your relationships with others I recommend you go to Burning Man this year. It will be a wonderful learning experience unlike anything else you've ever done or been around, and you might find that it teaches you a lot about how to be yourself without being obnoxious.

Not that I find you obnoxious- but some people obviously do.

Hey, I think they should chill out too, but whatevah. ;) :cool:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I am offended by this thread! :) Who are you and what have you done? :) Oh, that, I remember when I had my first beer too. :)

Self moderation.

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Being Myself: WWRJD (What Would Rick James Do?)

the Jester said:
I actually find you quite amusing, but to improve your relationships with others I recommend you go to Burning Man this year. It will be a wonderful learning experience unlike anything else you've ever done or been around, and you might find that it teaches you a lot about how to be yourself without being obnoxious.
What if I simply am an obnoxious person? What are the qualities that make me annoying, and how do I mitigate them?

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
I'd like to see some more pictures of Rick James :)

That Teflon - he's a hell of a drug!

Honestly Thayan - don't let "them" bother you. Post however you like and let the powers that be sort it out. I have never seen you post anything truly insulting. Some people like to have control over others (or the illusion thereof) so you will have to eat :):):):) now and again.

Note - I am NOT referring to the administration of this site here.

Oh and change your damned avatar! ;)

the Jester

Legend
The Thayan Menace said:
What if I simply am an obnoxious person? What are the qualities that make me annoying, and how do I mitigate them?

Shrug.

As I said, I don't find you obnoxious. Sometimes I find people who are easily offended obnoxious instead (not usually here, but in RL).

Then again, I love diaglo, never find Quasqueton to be aggravating, and rarely get annoyed with the posters that seem to draw the most ire (with, of course, one or two exceptions).

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Rick James Diplomacy?

the Jester said:
As I said, I don't find you obnoxious.
I appreciate that, but apparently quite a few people do ... and these individuals are long-time supporters of ENworld (or industry designers).

Don't get me wrong though; I often disagree with what these residents have to say, but I want to work out some way of getting along with them before I get booted off this site.

Ideally, I just want to prevent so many people complaining about me (without simply ceasing to post). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases