What crunch have you used?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I hate the term 'crunch'. However, it's the best short term for the question I want to ask:

What Races, Prestige Classes, Feats, Classes, Spells and likewise have you and your friends used from various books in your campaign(s) over (say) the last two years?

The following list is what I can remember...

Core Books:
Races: Human, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Halfling
Classes: All
Prestige Classes: Arcane Trickster, Duelist, Dwarven Defender, Eldritch Knight, Mystic Theurge
Feats: too many to easily list

Complete Warrior
Classes: Hexblade, Samurai, Swashbuckler
Prestige Classes: Cavalier, Invisible Blade, Ronin, Spellsword
Feats: Extra Rage, Extra Stunning, Hold the Line, Improved Buckler Defense, Improved Familiar, Improved Rapid Shot, Improved Toughness, Divine Might, Divine Resistance.

Complete Divine
Classes: Favoured Soul, Spirit Shaman
Prestige Classes: Radiant Servant of Pelor, Seeker of the Misty Isle
Feats: Augment Healing, Empower Turning, Practiced Spellcaster, Rapid Spell, Cheetah's Speed

Complete Arcane
Classes: Warlock, Warmage
Prestige Classes: Mindbender
Feats: Extra Edge, Draconic Heritage, Sudden Empower, Sudden Maximize, Sudden Silent, Sudden Still, Sudden Widen

Complete Adventurer
Classes: Ninja, Scout
Prestige Classes: Animal Lord, Dungeon Delver, Thief Acrobat
Feats: Extra Music, Jack of All Trades.

Races of Stone
Feats: Heavy Armour Optimisation
Substitution Levels: Dwarf Fighter

Races of the Wild
Races: Centaur
Feats: Elf Dilettante
Substitution Levels: Elf Wizard

Races of Destiny
Races: Aasimar* (well, it could have come from any of 300 books...)
Feats: Able Learner

Planar Handbook
Feats: Water Heritage

Sandstorm
Prestige Classes: Walker in the Waste

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Psion said:
That'd be a pretty healthy list...

Nonsense, Psion. You're just trying to make us think that your players use more than only "Toughness" (twenty times or more...) :D

Cheers!

Crothian

First Post
If you want I can list the books they come from, that list might only be a hundred or so long. But listing the specifics wouldn;t be worth the time it'd take me to do it.

Jolly Giant

First Post
Core books, obviously.

3.0 splat books (feats, PrCs and spells)

Monster Manual II & III (critters)

Epic Level Handbook (everything)

Draconomicon (everything)

Libris Mortis (a little of everything)

Manual of the Planes (critters and spells)

Planar Handbook (mainly the fluff, but a few spells have seen use)

Fiend Folio (critters, and the fiend PrCs)

Book of Eldritch Might I, II & III (feats and spells)

Book of Hallowed Might (spells)

scourger

Explorer
Crunch used in the past 2 years from least to most recent (Core = PHB + DMG + MM):

Core + Omega World + Alternity Gamma World (for fluff) = one of my best games ever very remniscent of the old Gamma World in the 80s

Core + Skull & Bones (only for cannons crunch; mostly for great fluff) + modules & homebrew = a great pirate D&D mini-campaign

Core + Spellslinger + Dungeon adventures = a nice little Western D&D mini-campaign

Core + Star Wars (jedi) + Judge Dredd (judges) + Omega World (mutants) + aasimar paladins (MM) + Dungeon Shackled City adventures + Villains & Vigilantes = a possibly failed attempt to run "funky" D&D which can probably only be saved by removing almost all of the magic and utilizing the alternate wound system from UA with card-based initiative

Savage Worlds + Tour of Darkness = an awesome game so far and a probable paradigm shift in the way I approach the hobby as a whole

Alright, that last one was a little off-topic; but there it is.

Last edited:

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Jeesh, Merric, why don't you ask many of us to write a book! Seriously though, I've used so many bits and pieces from so many books since 3E came out that I wouldn't really know where to start! SUffice it to say, a lot pieces from a LOT of books!

Kane

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Kanegrundar said:
Jeesh, Merric, why don't you ask many of us to write a book! Seriously though, I've used so many bits and pieces from so many books since 3E came out that I wouldn't really know where to start! SUffice it to say, a lot pieces from a LOT of books!

;)

No matter - that's an answer of interest in itself.

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Just a note: the question might be better phrased as "how much of the crunch in each book are you using?"; we've had plenty of threads about which books you use - this requires a little more detail and a lot more free time. :)

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases