Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul

"Oathbreaker is evil incarnate" Bahruul spits, he takes a deep breath before continuing "It is a Bous who has gone stag and is ignoring the basic tenants of what it means to be a Bous. It is seeking to subvert the blood of my race, it is trying to alter our very beings through vile experiments on our calfs. It has broken one of the founding beliefs of our breed - calf’s are to be nurtured, calf’s are our future, calf’s are a communal asset, calf’s are ..." he stops, his voice trailing off, and hangs his head in shame "Oathbreaker was my brother by blood, above and beyond a herd mate" his great brown eyes seem to cloud over for a minute before he viciously shouts "Oathbreaker will die, I will redeem my blood"

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny looks to Bahruul as he tells his story, her six whiskers twitching as she concentrates. "T'aini't right for nobody to mess with the young and defenseless. But thanks for sharing. Now I at least know why it means so much to you two."

From down the hall muffled voices can be heard. Apparently Thomas is back and he has brought a local guard with him. Karen is asking the guard to stay for a bit while she finishes preparing breakfast.

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

Having heard the story last night, but not with so much emotion, Keryth steps beside Bahruul and place a hand soothingly on the shoulder of the hulking Bous. His voice calm and comforting it seems barely above a whisper, but reaches every ear in the room, “Never fear Bahruul we will find Oathbreaker, and he will pay for his crimes.”

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

Byntrou approaches his herdmate silently, then places his arm straight out, fist resting on Bahruul's chest, a Bous gesture of shared strength.

"As Keryth says, petik," he says, then waits a beat before carefully shifting the subject. His voice remains soft and grave as he says "But to face the future, we must first deal with the present. Karen should call us soon. Then we move to the common room, there to meet the guard and hopefully find a way to equip ourselves for the tasks ahead."

Barak

First Post
Gav

Gav appears somewhat disturbed by the tale, but perhaps not as much as one would expect.

"Well. I dunno about you bous, but for the rest of us, preying on the young and defenseless is nothing new! That's why we have to learn how to make sure it's not done, you know? But the rich and powerful, they don't care. They just wanna make sure nothing happen to them. I'll help you with that Oathbreaker guy though. No one messes with kids without the kids getting mad."

At the notion of going down to the common room, Gav seems somehow reluctant. He shifts from one foot to the other, unsure of how to explain things.

"I.. I dunno.. I don't even have a knife on me to defend myself. Then again, I'll never get one by staying here. Perhaps they have some down there, to cut cheese and stuff. I guess we should go."

Hard is the only word to describe the look in Pwent's eyes after he hears the story. None around him are quite sure whether he is angry, an understatement, at them or the Oathbreaker, he almost immeadiately cathes himself and respond," Im hungry, let's eat!" before anyone can reply. Staring darkly at any who start to question him

"Fooooood!!!!!" exclaims Pwent exitedly as he rushes to the voice knocking into the walls whenever there is a turn "I might not have eaten since last night, oh the horror!"

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

The smaller of the two Boes smiles ruefully at the speeding figure of their new companion. "I suppose now we know how he got so large for a human: lots of food."

Byntrou turns to the rest of the party, pointing to the door. "And I expect he can put quite a lot away in a frame that size. We should get out there before he eats all our shares, too."

Byntrou winks at the nervous Gav and offers, "Don't worry, little one. If you're really worried the guard will recognize you, just hide behind Bahruul. They'll never see you."

And with that, Byntrou heads for breakfast, the guard, and the prospect of re-equipping.

Remove ads