Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

Nonlethal Force

First Post
The guard responds to Byntrou and Pwent. "Well, you are correct in that the more mundane items we won't be able to recover. But the more specific items might be able to be discovered and repurchased if nothing else. There's a dealer not too far from here that occasionally handles pawned items. He swears that all of his inventory is legitimate, but the local guard has their doubts. You might want to ask Bograth the dealer if he knows where you might be able to find your more precious items."

Not wanting to be shown up for the information, Elrik adds, "Aye, you can pay the higher prices of the pawn shop. But my buddy Endoo can help you out for free - so long as you sign up for the Regent's program."

The guard chuckles and adds, "and pay rent along the way ..."

Thomas chuckles as the older men jockey for position in the info giving business.

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

"Well, at least we have options, now. Thank you both, gentlemen," Byntrou says, sitting back to digest both food and information. "The pawn shop should be easy enough to find, after we've heard Elrik's friend and the terms of the Regent's program, I should think."

The young Bous picks up another biscuit, wrapping a piece of bacon around it and chewing the creation idly as he turns to the rest of his group.

"I'm not sure I have any other questions or information for the guard, have any of you? If not, I think we've at least got a starting point. I say we check out Endoo first, then go from there."

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

“That’s a sound plan Byntrou, I don’t think we need trouble the guard any further,” he says giving Gav a wink.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
The guard is quick to take an opportunity to exit. "If you'll excuse me, then, its best if I get back to my rounds."

Destiny watches the guard leave and then adds, "Whenever you all are ready, I'll follow. No hurry, though, the food is good here - Karen." She grabs another strip of bacon and munches. "I just want my cloak and my wristbands back. I feel kinda naked without them. Speaking of which, Karen, you wouldn't happen to have a shirt I could wear as a long robe until I can get some regular clothes for a person my size, would you?"

Karen nods in the affirmative. "I'll be right back."

Barak

First Post
Gav

Yeah, of course I'll describe my dagger. Then you'll say "Hey, that was the dagger my buddy Olaf was carrying when he got stabbed! You're that lil.." No. I don't think so. And I'm sure you'd be in a hurry to give me back my picks and my gems...

Gav just shakes his head negatively when he sense the guard look toward him after he asked what was stolen, keeping his head down as he answers, his unruly hair doing a decent job of hiding his face.

"Nuttin' worth nuttin', sir. I be just a kid, yanno."

But as the talk turns to the pawnshop, Gav smiles to himself.

Now -that- is useful information. And yeah, I'll get our stuff back, but like heck we'll -buy- it.

As Destiny asks about clothes, he gets puzzled, but still says nothing.

But.. She's wearing clothes right now! Hmm. Maybe she's one of those rich folks with more than one outfit.

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

After finishing off his food and drink, Byntrou stands. Delcoi, sensing they'll be moving back to the streets soon, slides down Byntrou's neck and onto his shoulder, concealing herself there beneath his shirt.

"Well, then. Once Destiny's properly primped herself, I think we're ready, yes? Elrik, how far to your friend's place?".

unleashed

First Post

Finishing his breakfast Keryth stands, straightening his clothes as he moves away from the table. Upon Karen’s returns he says, “A wonderful breakfast Karen, a veritable feast for one who lives on trail rations for months at a time.”

Pwent too finishes his meal and stands up knoking his chair over in the process. After retrieving it, he says,MMMMmmmmnnnn that... BUUURRRPPP, was Good eaten! I'm ready when y'all are, grantin were stickin together of course"

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Karen, returning with the shirt for Destiny, beams at Keryth's praise. She even seems to take Pwent's burp complimentary, as odd as it was. Destiny leaves the room to get out of her nightclothes and into something a little more socially acceptable in public.

Elrik replies to Byntrou's assertion, "Endoo is a mere four blocks from here. Exit the door and turn left. Go to the intersection and turn right. You'll see the shop on your left when you've awalked enough. Say hi to Endoo for me. Now Bograth's pitiful pawn shop is severl blocks the other dircetion. You'll want to head back this way but instead of turning up onto this street again you can keep going three more blocks and hang a right turn. Go two more and you should see hte pawn shop. Don't mention my name when ya go in - or he'll likely through you out. That little wretch and I just don't see eye to eye. He pays the city guard to be loyal to him and recommend business. I think he pays the city guard off so he can deal in stolen goods, personally. Not my kind of business, if you ask me."

Just after the directions are given, Destiny comes back in wearing Karen's old shirt as a robe. The sleeves look far too large for her, but other than that she doesn't look too out of place. "So, you boys get all the info while I was ... primping?"

unleashed

First Post

"Yes, I think we have enough information to get us on our way," he replies to Destiny, grinning he says "The shirt looks good on you, and I think green is your colour too.”

Remove ads