Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul Boes Barbarian

After giving his report on what was stolen and finishing his second helping of breakfast Bahruul turns to their host "Thank you mother Karan for a splendid feast it will surely give me the strength to last through until lunch - which is served at what time?" the Boer says with a wink. "Let's go and see this Endoo then shall we?" he rumbles at the group-at-large.

Rising and looking down at the human with the extraordinarily dwarf-like appetite, Bahrull continues "I think we can work together to recover our gear, strength in numbers and all, a common purpose"

Last edited:

Barak

First Post
Without a word, Gav jumps off the chair and out the word, waiting just outside for the rest of the group to come out. When they do, he smiles up at them, happy to be considered part of the group, at least for now.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny's eyes track Gav as he leaves without saying anything. Befoer she leaves, she adds, "Well, it would seem that working together as a bigger group will take a little more getting used to."

She then hurriedly follows Gav out the door to make sure he doesn't get too far out of sight.

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

Keryth also follows Gav to make sure he doesn’t get into any mischief, boys will be boys after all.

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

Delcoi already concealed (the sight of a Bous is often enough of a shock to people without the addition of a viper sunning herself on his horn), Byntrou bows his head to both his hosts.

"Many thanks to you both," he says, then moves to join the others and head out to collect replacement gear.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul follows the others outside, stretches in the morning sunlight and then marches down the street until he comes to Endoo's shop where he opens the door and ushers his comrades inside.

OOC: Posting ahead of time since I can't tomorrow.

IC: When he enters the shop Pwent is quiet unless asked a direct question in which case he answers trurhfully to the best of his ability. He buys a spiked breastplate, and a "Helmet Spike".

Nonlethal Force

First Post
When the party arrives at the store, Bahrull opens the door and the party is greeted by a stocky male Aetos. He wears a yellow tunic overtop of brown pants. The Aetos has a large belt around his waist and there are many keys hooked onto the belt. He smiles as the party enters and greets you with a "Please, come in. My name is Endoo vec-Graugh, trader extraordianire! Tell me, what can I do you for?"

Endoo postures himself in a trustworthy manner, but he clearly stands between you and his merchandise. The store contains several cases of weapons, each of which are locked for security purposes. The store looks like it contains many items for battle - both offensive and defensive. The front room where the aprty stands contains weapons of all kinds and there is a sign above a doorway leading to a back room that clearly states that the armor is kept in the back.

The layout of the store demonstrates that Endoo is a highly administrative person. The greatswords, bastard swords, and polearms are organized by length and hang on the left wall behind locked glass cases. The single-handed swords, maces, flails, whips, and scourges are on the far wall, also behind locked glass cases. The ammunition, bows, crossbows, daggers, and darts are on the right wall. The weapons are in locked glass cases along the right wall, but the ammunition is stored in barrells in front of the appropriate cases.

The inside walls are beautifully oak panelled, and a moderate wiff of mothballs fills your nose as you enter. The smell seems to be emanating from the back room where the armor is kept.

Looking at the goods for sale reveals that the items are of typical quality. Good enough to fight with, but not an item that is likely to become a family heirloom. Each piece of equipment is highly polished and seems to be well cared for.

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

Stepping to the fore Keryth says, “Greetings Endoo, Elrik recommended we come to your fine establishment to equip ourselves under the Regent’s loan program. I personally could use a morningstar, a suit of chainmail, and a heavy shield if you have them.”

Nonlethal Force

First Post
A slight smile crosses his lips at the mention of Elrik and the loan program. "Yes, I do have the items you request and they are available through the loan program. So lets talk terms of the loan. The weapons and armor are on loan for 1 gold piece per day per item. If at any point you want out of the loan, just return the item and pay the rent owed and I'll take it back. If you decide you want to buy the item, you pay the item cost when you can afford it. If you buy the item outright, I personally forgive the rent as long as the rent is less than the item cost. Other places will make you pay the rent and the item cost, but for Elrik's friends I'll be completely reasonable. Of course, should you actually stop the theives - and prove it by bringing them to justice - the items are yours to keep and the regent foots your bill for you out of his appreciation for handling the problem. So, before we get started, are those terms agreeable?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases