Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

Grinning he replies, “Indeed my good Aetos, those terms suit me just fine as we intend to catch those thieves.”

Barak

First Post
Gav

Gav looks squarely at the man, gazing up, a puzzled look appearing on his face as he describes the terms.

"Well.. No, no that doesn't seem right at all. See, sir, what I need as far as weapons are concerned are daggers. Like, five of six of them. Just that would run me ten to twelve gold pieces a day, and in two days I'd already have ran up the full price of them, so I'd end up owing you much, much more than the price of just buying them. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll find some other way."

Gav pulls back from the counter, and goes to wait by the door.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Endoo retrieves a key off of his belt and unlocks the cabinet along the far wall that houses the morningstars. He removes one, leaving only a few behind, and hands it to Keryth. "I'll take you and anyone else back into the armory once I've gotten everyone squared away with their weapons needs, sir." The morningstar seems of good quality, but not masterwork.

He looks to Gav and adds, "Perhaps you did not understand my terms, young man. Because you are friends of Elrik, the highest price I would charge you is the cost of the item to buy it outright. Butultimately, it is your choice to do what you will."

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

Byntrou looks around the room, considering the terms of the loan, then finally nods.

"That scimitar looks like a good fit," Byntrou declares, pointing an oversized finger to the weapon. He pauses a moment before also gesturing to the case of ranged weapons. "I could make myself another bow, but the time and funds required make it prohibitive for now. A longbow and quiver of arrows, then, as well. And if you happen to have any small pieces of cured leather to spare--perhaps cast offs from armor? I'd be much obliged."

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Endoo nods in Byntrou's direction at the request. Having satisfied Keryth with the offering of the morningstar, Endoo locks the morningstar case and walks over to the scimitar case. He retreives a good quality weapon and locks the case. He quickly strides over to the case of longbows and selects one of suitable quality. He returns to Byntrou with the weapons.

"I took the liberty of selecting examples that are more akin to suiting you natural physical prowess. Of course, I hope you do not mind stringing your own bow. For obvious reasons, we keep them unstrung here in the store."

He reaches into a barrel and selects out a dozen arrows and retrieves a quiver and hands it to Byntrou.

"Okay, by my total I have the morningstar, scimitar, and longbow for a gold piece each per day. The arrows will be 1 gold piece and that's it. Anybody else require anything?"

Pwent steps forward and makes his request. Endoo replies, "Unfortunately my store does not carry spiked helmets. However, if you return with a downpayment I could one of my smiths manufacture one to your tastes. As for the spiked armor, I'll get that for you when we head back for the armor."

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul Boer Barbarian

After introducing himself to Endoo, Bahruul looks casually around the store "hmmm, you have fine stocks Endoo" he says as he fingers a wickely curved axe blade "fine stocks indeed" he continues, quickly moving his thumb to his mouth and sucking on the small nick he'd managed to give himself. "I'll take the biggest, baddest, two-handed weapon you have, and you'd better give me something smaller as a backup, perhaps that battle axe I just blooded?"

Barak

First Post
Gav

Gav sighs, having hoped to secure a brace of daggers for the same renting price. He had hope to have had time to secure some cheaper somewhere else, for free, and return those for a minimum price, but in two days.. here wouldn't be much time.

"Oh.. Alright then. I'll take as many daggers as you can provide, I guess."

"WHAT NO SPIKEY HELMETS NOOOOOO!!! Yeh don't have spikey helmets but at least yeh have spikey armor" Pwent is stunned at the revelation that while the store carries all kinds of complicated weapons like flails and pickaxes it does not posses his beloved spikey helmet, he must think on this.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Endoo raises an eyebrow at the seemingly childish outburst of the large human. The merchant looks as if he stuck in a mix of emotion between confusion and fear of a violent outburst from Pwent. He looks to Keryth and Byntrou and with a roll of his eyes seems to question their companions outburst.

"Ehem, sir. I carry a stock of weapons that are typical for the town guard and the armies to fight with. Spiked helmets do not fit that mold. But as I said, I would be happy to have one made to suit your person with the right amount of money upfront."

He then turns to Bahruul and smiles. "Well, if you are looking for a weapon that will make your opponents question before attacking you, might I suggest one of our greatswords?" He motions for an assistant to come and remove the weapon from its case - his small body not even close to being able to handle a great weapon such as that. As Endoo retrieves a solid battleaxe from its case he motions for another aid to come over and retrieve a greataxe. "But if you are into axes, my new friend, one of these might look fasionable on the battlefield, don't you think?" Again, he motions for a third aid to come over and remove a halberd from a case. "But if you've never tried out one of these weapons, you might like the versitility of the tip. With the right control, accuracy, and practice you stab or slice - whereas with the other two weapons I have shown you, a slice is really your only option. Try them out, and tell me what feels natural in your hands. Of course I know that you cannot use them all, but I want you to be happy with your choice." Each of the weapons given to Bahruul are good and studry weapons. They each feel appropriately made, so it is a matter of choice for Bahruul. Each of the assistants stands at Bahruul's side with the weapons until they are dismissed by his choosing a weapon.

Having left the Bous to make up his mind, he then turns back to Gav. "Very well, then. I will supply you with four daggers. And just to be cleaar, those daggers will not cost you more than eight gold. I doubt that price will be too much for a person of yourself to handle." He retrieves the daggers himself and offers them to Gav.

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

Keryth shrugs his shoulders when Endoo looks to him, but does move to place himself between Pwent and the small Aetos to put him more at ease.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases