Mightier than the Sword - OOC Thread

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Mightier than the Sword - OOC Thread

Welcome to the OOC thread for Mightier than the Sword.

Let me provide a link to the world information should anyone need it:

World Information Thread
    Last edited by Nonlethal Force; Saturday, 12th November, 2005 at 04:50 PM.
    Most recent products published:

Complete Control - Turn your 3.x game into a game without multiclassing, or classes for that matter! Make your character exactly how you want it.

Complete Gear - Eliminate item issues in your gaming. NPCs can have any gear without impacting game balance. Magic Marts don't need to even exist!

As we begin, I should add a note about the inn. Many of the inns are based in the old-world bed and breakfast style motif. This is the type where a family would rent out a room or two in their house as a bunkroom (storing 6 - 8 beds, sometimes bunkbeds). You need not know each other to be in the same room. Often guests would meet when they woke in the morning. And the only furniture the rooms would have in them is beds and a mirror of some sort. This gives a reasonable explanation as to why people might be in the same room together regardless of their prior knowledge of each other. It was inexpensive to do this, and the family fed the house guests breakfast when they woke.

Complete Control - Turn your 3.x game into a game without multiclassing, or classes for that matter! Make your character exactly how you want it.

Complete Gear - Eliminate item issues in your gaming. NPCs can have any gear without impacting game balance. Magic Marts don't need to even exist!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore djrdjmsqrd

Okay....

thanks for the note...
    Jason 'djordje' Pearson - javahead, lurker and all-around wallflower...all post are MY personal opinion.
    | contact me via email | visit my website | visit my .sig post - outdated, but still look @ it! |

Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Bront
    I'm assuming Kitrina is at a loss for why she's where she is, which definately seems strange. As I said in her background, she was traveling and generaly unsure of where she was. I'll let you deal with how she got there.

Fair enough, Bront.

I've been mulling over something that I think I am going to offer, but you certainly don't have to take it:

Since you are 3rd level characters, I will grant each of you one or two significant items that you had on your person that were stolen. They can be from the DMG only and have a cumulative value of 3,000 gp. (So ... one item of 3,000 gold or less -OR- two items that add up to 3,000 gp or less) You don't have to take this option of course, but it does provide you with a little leeway if you desire to have had something significant stolen - motivation for having your stuff returned ... so to speak.

And yes, I realize this doesn't benefit you in any way, because you are picking an item or two that was stolen ... but, well. C'est la vie, right?

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore djrdjmsqrd

Will this...

...come into play when/if we get or stuff back?
    Jason 'djordje' Pearson - javahead, lurker and all-around wallflower...all post are MY personal opinion.
    | contact me via email | visit my website | visit my .sig post - outdated, but still look @ it! |

Yes and no.

Yes, because if you want to state a lost item and the group decides to go after the theives, you may get the item back. Potential RP.

No, in that in the end I am a fair DM and I realize the expected level of wealth gain for a 3rd level character. One way or another - if the party is smart and survives you'll get the treasure coming to you. It just depends whether it is in the form of lost stuff recovered or new stuff from the spoils of war.

Even if the party decides to say screw it to the lost items because nobody had anything worthwhile and the equipment is actually more easily replaced rather than going through the hassle of dealing with the theives ... the party will still be okay from a party wealth perspective. It isn't like a take it now or its lost kind of thing.

So I suppose in the long run - outside of adding the mix of reacquiring lost stuff to the RP - it really doesn't matter one bit from a party wealth perspective.

Does that makes sense or am I just babbling?

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore djrdjmsqrd

Yeah...

...it makes since...the only thing I would say that was notable(sp?) - damn haven't used that word in a while, is that right, eh?! - would be a personal iteam.

How about a personal holy symbol, with a minor psionic ench. what and what though...hmm...

the gods you are using are Greyhawk correct? Any homebrew, or, anything else?

Gods are nothing homebrew. Straight PHB and Complete Divine. If you find a particular deity that works for you in Complete Warrior and/or Book of Exhalted Deeds, you are welcome to use it as well.

Funny thing is, that my wife is an expert on ancient polytheistic religions and cults within them (especially healing cults like Asclepias). So I completely understand that if it is a polytheistic society - it normally takes on a "Hey, the more the merrier" attitude.

So the pantheon of possible gods is huge. But, you won't find that most people in Enigmatica know the whole pantheon. If you pick a minor deity out of the CD, CW, or BoED your character may just be the only character they meet for a long time who worships that god. Not because it is bad ... but because they are minor and obscure.

So, that should give you plenty of options. In fact, I used to have an excel spreadheet with all the important deity data on it. Digs around on computer for a while ... I'll attach it here for reference if people want it.

... Oh, and if you are curious ... it is organized by alignment (LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN, LE, NE, CE). Withing each alignment category it is organized alphabetically.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nonlethal Force; Tuesday, 30th August, 2005 at 02:39 AM.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast