Clutches of Evil - OOC Thread

jkason

First Post
I came up with two items, both of family significance to Byntrou.

[sblock]* MW Composite Longbow (+1 Stregth). This was the first Masterwork bow Byntrou crafted under his mother's tutelage. It bears both her crafter's mark (a heron) and Byntrou's (a string of three diamonds. Which, he realized after getting his familiar, uncannily resemble the pattern on Delcoi's back). Regular cost would be 500gp (100 composite, 100 to design for +1 strength, 300 MW), raw materials cost to craft: 167gp.

* Ring of Feather Falling. Byntrou had an unhealthy love of climbing as a child. His mother, fearing he'd fall and damage himself such that he'd lose his chance at a mate, sought out the family mage and commissioned the ring to keep Byn safe. cost: 2,200gp[/sblock]

I like the idea behind the first best, so if you need to nix one, feel free to ditch the ring.

jason

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Barak said:
Oh and just to confirm.. Those thieves were -thorough-, right? 'Cause Gav would have had daggers hidden on his person, and I assume those are gone too..

Very thorough. Rogues know rogues. And ... rogues often prize finding and stealing the prized possessions of others like them. Besides, you were knocked unconscious for a good amount of time - so they had the ability to search you unrestricted. But like you said, best to confirm.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Still stuck on that helmet spike, eh? That's funny. [Note, I said you could use it under my terms - so if you want one you just need to buy one ... uh ... once I give you your money back! :lol: ]

Charcter comes before Min/Maxing (to a certain extent) and a Pwent is incomplete without his Helmet Spike(that is where the phrase use your head came from) besides it's antidoor

btw I found the feat it was called headlong rush from races of Faerun and restricted to Half Orcs. There was another feat (dor dwarves)to use unarmed srike as a thw instead of using flurry of blows too.

Barak

First Post
BTW. Just in case you decide that your character is familiar enough with the race to know, yes, Gav is an halfling. But it isn't that obvious to someone not really familiar with them for two reasons. 1-The trait most distinguishable, the ears, are totally massacred, so they offer no clue. 2-Gav himself -really- think he's a human kid, and has lived as one for a couple months now. So his manner of dress, speak, hairstyle, etc.. It's all -exactly- as a human kid, as if he had a really, really good bluff skill. Do with that info as you will.

unleashed

First Post
Not me, he was just playing a hunch...as Keryth himself was in a similar situation when he was young, thinking that he was human until he didn't grow up like the other children. There will be no more halfling talk from me. ;)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Heh, me too. To be honest, I had forgotten Gav's race completely until Unleashed had Keryth look for ears. Then I remembered the story and checked my notes to be sure. But honestly, any comments Destiny made were just based on the fact that you said he was short in your description. Of course, from Destiny's perspective, she's assuming he's a wee folk like herself. But thats because she's used to non-wee folk being bigger than herself. So when a person comes along her size, she just assumes that person is someone of a small heritage somewhere.

Barak

First Post
Well you did mention it in the very first post.. ;)

It's not really a big deal, though. First off, it doesn't change that much, and secondly, I'm sure people will play their characters as not knowing it, if they don't. Plus well, I'm sure it'll come up -eventually-.

D20Dazza

Explorer
If it's cool with you my 3,000 gp item was already stolen by the Oathbreaker so I won't be getting that back until I find him/her/it. It is an ancient Boer horn gnarled and weathered that grows in power with its owner. I realise that I will never see this in game but I think it adds to his back story. I also didn't react in the room as though I had just had a very expensive piece of equipment stolen. I figure that anything he had stolen now pales into insignifigance when compared to the horn so he just cops the current loss on the chin (but would still like some revenge for having his quest slowed down)

Cheers

Daz

Remove ads