Clutches of Evil - OOC Thread

unleashed

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Just a note.

I haven't posted in the story because life ahs been busy. But, I'm thinking based on Fenris and Jkason's post that we are going to do a mini-cutscene. So, unleashed and Rino, anything that you want to do during the 2 hours?
Well, apart from spending some time with Dahlia, I can't think of much except to look for Destiny, which will be pretty difficult unless she returns to the tavern.

BTW - Do you have a record of what Bahruul, Byntrou, Destiny, and Keryth found during their last outing, as I'm not sure if I put everything in my adventure log.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
I didn't keep track of the items found, unless someone specifically claimed them and then I've updated my copy of the character sheet. If that's the case, each character can ask on an individual basis and I can indicate what my records have in regard to specific items. As for money, here is what I have on Keryth, Byntrou, and the party funds:

[Sblock=Keryth]
26 gold = 26 gold
3 Rose Quartz = 120 gold
5 Amethyst = 500 gold
1 Saphire = 2,000 gold
[/Sblock]

[Sblock=Byntrou]
26 gold = 26 gold
2 rose Quartz = 80 gold
1 Onyx = 50
2 Sardonyx = 150 gold
2 Amethyst = 200 gold
1 Jade = 200 gold
1 Silver Pearl = 250 gold
1 Violet Garnet = 400 gold
[/Sblock]

[Sblock=Party Fund from Cave Adventure]
8 Obsidian = 200 gold
6 Rose Quartz = 240 gold
2 Jade = 400 gold
1 Violet Garnet = 400 gold
1 Fire Opal = 1,000 gold
[/Sblock]

I'm not claiming to be correct ;) , I'm just claiming that this is what I have in my records.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Unleashed, do you want me to wait before moving ahead for you to figure out the details of items ... or is it something whose effects you think we can manage on the fly?

unleashed

First Post
Okay, this is what I found from the mine adventure that we actually collected.

[SBLOCK=Mine Adventure]Total: 4073 gp plus items (half of which should go to Destiny and Bahruul, minus whatever goes to the party fund).
58 gold coins
1 Black Pearl @ 750 gp = 750 gp
1 Fire Opal @ 1000 gp = 1000 gp
2 Jade @ 200 gp/ea = 400 gp
1 Violet Garnet @ 400 gp = 400 gp
6 Rose Quartz @ 40 gp/ea = 240 gp
3 Sardonyx @ 75 gp/ea = 225 gp
4 Silver Pearls @ 250 gp/ea =1000 gp
A very nice dagger = ? gp (leather armoured guy)
A very nice short sword = ? gp (leather armoured guy)[/SBLOCK]

There were also various armours and weapons we probably didn't take with us from the fight outside the mine entrance when we were escored out of the mine by it's owner. Though the only armour and weapons I'm specifically aware of are the 'very nice set of leather armour' the guy who ran from the first fight was wearing and the items attributed to him above (I'm calling him the 'leather armoured guy').

As for the first fight near the forcefield, we didn't take anything except the coins and gems from one downed fighter, which is recorded above. Go figure. :heh: :eek: We also have the scrolls the priests gave us, if we want to sell some of them: Scroll of Bless (3), Scrolls of Cause Fear (2), Scroll of Obscuring Mist (2).

The party fund is currently at (before division): 8 obsidian [25 gp/ea], 104 gp. This is what I have down, as your list contains some of the wealth mentioned above. ;)

As for Keryth's personal wealth, he currently has (before division): 1 sapphire [2,000 gp], 4 amethysts [100 gp/ea], 2 rose quartz [40 gp/ea], 8 gp. I believe you're running a little behind on this as I think I used some money in the Dahlia and Keryth thread.

I can't say what Byntrou should have. ;)

Edit: So feel free to move ahead, and Keryth will use some of the time to head over to Endoo's shop to sort out any weapon and armour sales that may be required.

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Yeah, the problem with my numbers is that during the game if someone says "I take that and put it with my stuff" then I take it out of the party unclaimed fund and put it with their character. So many of the gemstones that Unleashed is reporting from the mine adventure (or earlier) I already absorbed into character's sheets.

As for the equipment ... it looks like Unleashed hzas the proper take on it.

However, I have noticed something. First of all, the games I run are RP intensive. That is by design, and it means that characters level up more slowly. But, it also means that we are keeping track of money that may have been collected as much as 6 or 8 months ago. That can also be difficult, because I guarantee you that 5 months from now not everyone is going to remember every monetary change that they made on their character sheet.

I've noticed this problem in this game, in Mightier than the Sword, as well as in the games that I have played in. I'll be honest with each of you ... I am totally much more into the RP and combat than I am in keeping track of party wealth - although I do keep track of it very dilligently. Given the long-term nature of PbPs, however, I have the following proposal:

If it would be easier for everyone involved, I have a 2-part proposal:

1. Things like tips/meals/trail rations can simply be assumed rather than tracked.

2. Character wealth is automatically set at the DMG guideline for each level, and you can assume that your character has that level of wealth exactly.

Now, of course this takes certain elements out of the game. It means that you don't have to worry about missing out on the +1 longsword now resting at the forcefield entrance in the depths of the mines. It also means that I won't hand out interesting treasure. Treasure would just be assumed. I'd have to think about what it would mean with regard to selling items and the like, but I am willing to consider it if you all would prefer. Just let me know your opinion on it.

unleashed

First Post
I'm happy to keep going as we have been, and honestly it wasn't too hard for me to hunt down. I usually keep better records of what we find as a group as a separate record (which isn't incorperated into any character sheets), but this time I just got lazy and didn't bother as it was all right at the end. :heh:

Fenris

Adventurer
What is this money thing of which you speak? I haven't seen any in this game ;)

I'm fine with the way things are. At least for MttS, as experiance, but I am sure things run pretty much the same on this side of Theropa.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Okay - I've sorta been away for about a week, too. I've been doing some deliberation, and this isn't really all that easy to write.

I'll be honest. My PbP games have grown less and less fun lately. Both this game and Mightier than the Sword have recently completed adventures. The data upkeep has really been monstrous for me - purely because the games are so slow. [Not a complaint, just a statement of fact about PbPs.] I find myself going back through months of posts trying to remember what has already been allocated to PCs and what has yet to be given.

I wanted to get this adventure to a completion, and I've done that. The thought of writing another adventure is pretty daunting right now. That and - I've noticed about me personally - in order for me to enjoy a game it must have a fast (near daily) updating rate. The more days go by in a game, the less I feel like playing.

I've enjoyed gaming with each of you, so please don't take it personally. I'm just tired and drained by the posting.

You have all been fun to game with. Thanks for the run.

I'll still be keeping my Story Hour active, if any of you are interested in contuing to read and learn about the Homebrew World. If not, I'll still be around in the Rules/General Forums.

jkason

First Post
Sorry to hear it, Nonlethal. This is one of the longest-running PbP I've been in. I hope my own slower post rate didn't contribute overmuch to your leaving. Thanks for giving us a chance to run amok in your creation. It's been quite fun. :)

Best,

jason

Remove ads