Clutches of Evil - OOC Thread

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Lately, I feel like I've been running this game for two players! Not that I mind ... jkason and unleashed, you both are doing a fine job and making it worthwhile. And Daz will be back in another 10 days or so ... that's cool. MG2001 - you still hanging around?

I am in a bit of a quandry about what to do with Gav. I haven't seen a post from Barak in either the OOC or IC thread for about a week. I don't know if that just means internet troubles or if Barak has given up on the game. If Barak isn't here to play the character, I won't NPC Gav - I play horrible theiving rogues. Probably I'll end up finding a way to temporarily write Gav out, but to be done in such a way as to allow Gav to be written back in if so desired. Thoughts on the issue by the other players? We've got another week or so of RP/Combat before it gets to that point, so hopefully we'll hear something before it comes to that.

unleashed

First Post
Glad you're finding it worthwhile, it's been good so far from my POV so I'm enjoying myself.

Well I think mg2001 has been waiting to spot the merchant...now it's happened I guess we'll see some posts.

Hmm, Barak has been around...maybe you're NPCing Gav too well, and Barak feels there's no need to post. :D

Nonlethal Force

First Post
unleashed said:
Hmm, Barak has been around...maybe you're NPCing Gav too well, and Barak feels there's no need to post. :D

Well, I have been trying to post as Gav and Bahruul minimally. But there are a few things that needed to be done to move the thread - such as ordering the food ...

Anyway, thanks for the input. I am glad you are enjoying the game so far.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
No problem, MG2001. You have been pretty loyal up until this point - I figured something was up. Hope your internet problems are fixed! I'll be off now to read the IC posts and advance the plot ...

Nonlethal Force

First Post
I have found that PbP combat takes forever if everyone waits until it is their init to post. So please don't do that. Instead, what I ask players to do is post one or two posible actions for the round in order of preference. So for example, Bahruul's actions might look like this:

1. I attack the thug #2 with my greatsword

or

2. If I am low in the init order and I notice one of my allies is getting flanked, I go after one of the flankers instead.

Or something like that. If you want to post 2 actions, the second one should be contingent on something so I would know to use that one instead.

One of the questions that always seems to get asked is what will happen if you post an action that by the time your init position comes up the action is either silly, unwise, or just plain invalid. In response to that, if I see that an action is really not wise or invalid I will go through the init order as far as I can and stop before I get to your position. Then, I will give you a chance to repost an action that makes more sense or may be a little more wise. Beleive me, I tend to be a DM that errs on the side of the party not the BBEG when in doubt. So don't worry. I do it this way not because I am looking to get the players in trouble, just because I want the combat rounds to go quickly to keep the battles exciting for all involved.

Also, I can post the Init order if people want. But I tend to find that posting the Init order is not helpful because then people wait until their position to post and it drags out combat. But if it really bugs people, I can post the Init order, just let me know your preference. You'll figure out the Init order after the first round of every battle anyway... ;)

jkason

First Post
I'm going out of town for a wedding this afternoon, and I'll be gone 'til the other side of the weekend. I should have some internet access, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have. I'll do my best to keep up, but feel free to drag Byntrou along if need be to keep the story going.

jason

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well, it is done. It may have been a cheesey way of writing Gav out of the story, but it fits. And it leaves an opening for Gav to return should that possibility ever arise. I hope that writing him out does not upset anyone ... but I tried to do it in a nice way. :D

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sorry my last post didn't advance the plot very much there - but I know that Daz and jkason are due back in a day or two so I am figuring that we can kill a RL day or two at the table in conversation. That'll give Daz a chance to get back in with Bahruul (hopefully I didn't screw him up too much!) before leaving the Rusty Anchor.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases