[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

Eldwyn returns Kylest's bow and then echoes Kordunn's sentiment. "I too long for the feel of the earth beneath my feet." He tries not to stare at the Elf maiden and listen to the others. It takes three Halfling lasses to display that much skin.

Voadam

Legend
Kordunn turns to the young dwarf warrior and speaks to him in dwarven giving a full and formal introduction of clan and lineage going back through the generations. His voice conveys the gold dwarf traditions with pride.

Thanee

First Post
“It will only be a few days until we are there,” Baran explains. “It's the second time I make this trip now, the first was along the western and northern shore of the Moonsea, but I figured, that my old bones would thank me the little rest they get on the ship here. Soon enough you will be able to tread on the stone pavement of New Phlan and carve your name into it while you walk amongst the ruins. It's good to see young folks like you, with such eagerness, it reminds me of my own beginnings. And the council needs people like you! Everyone there does.”

Voadam

Legend
Once dwarven introductions are completed Kordunn will excuse himself from the shield dwarf and go over to the elf maid, nodding at the halfling of Urorgalan as he passes. Upon standing directly in front of the sunite he bows and then meets her eyes. "Well met milady Jade. If you tell me of your brother and the circumstances of your search to find him I will keep my eyes out for him once we enter the city."

Krug

Newshound
Elmus jaunts around quietly, speaking to the others on the boat cautiously, merely exchanging pleasantries mainly.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kylest looks somewhat startled to receive such a formal greeting, but he does his best to respond in kind to Kordunn. He smiles at the other dwarf's dislike for water, though, and breathes deeply once more of the salty air.

He walks over closer to Baran and sits near the old man, leaning in close to ask,

"So you have been before. . . can you tell me more of the state of the city? What are we likely to face upon our arrival?"

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn listens to Kylest's exchange with Baran and then asks, "Tell me, are were many halflings in the city before the attack?"

Thanee

First Post
“It will only be a few days until you have solid stone beneath your feat once more, and if the weather stays this calm, the trip shouldn't be too bad. I'm sure there are worse dangers than a little water for a strong dwarf like you,” Baran says.

One of the sailors eyes the halfling Elmus Dartrip suspiciously, but then shrugs and says: “Good meals? Maybe you can show Sôrn a few of your recipes, by all that is holy, he could use some help with that.” Another sailor turns to Selvaggio and points at the wolf Intrepido. “Nice dog. A hunting dog? Hope he doesn't bite. Well he could bite Sôrn and his blasted food.” The sailor then bursts into laughter about his own joke exposing a set of rotten teath.

“Soulstone,” the old merchant repeats, after the dwarves have recited their family traditions. “Are you the son of Delwar Soulstone then? Yes, I knew your father, but I was only ten. He sometimes brought metal and stone goods from the Galenas to Phlan, precious gems as well. A friendly dwarf, if not a bit too stern, but that could be my skewed perceptions, since he never let us touch some of the dwarven-forged weapons, but he had his heart in the right spot. I'm sorry, it must have been hard to lose your father this early, I know how hard it is.”

The half-elven Sunite nods to Kordunn's offer, offering a friendly smile in return. “That's very kind of you, sir dwarf. Amber, my brother, he's in trouble. I can feel it, I just know it. He isn't accustomed to city life, as a druid he usually lives away from such places, but he said there was so much to be done and he had to go there. And now he's gone and something feels wrong. It's him, I'm sure, that's why I am on my way to Phlan.” Jade goes on to describe her brother, a tall, brawny half-elf with dark hair, who prefers leather clothing not unlike the man who had introduced himself as Selvaggio. “I have heard about a small shrine to honor the Lady Firehair in New Phlan, I will visit that occasionally and you can probably leave a message for me there, if you have any news about my brother. Thanks again for your kind offer.”

“The hin have always been numerous in Phlan as I recall,” Baran explains to Eldwyn. “Adventurers, merchants, travelers, a few scoundrels, too, but you will find those everywhere.”

Scotley

Hero
"I guess there will be two more of the Hin in Phlan soon enough," says Eldwyn with a glance at Elmus to gage his reaction, "as for scoundrels, only time will tell."

Krug

Newshound
Elmus is caught off-guardand abruptly turns to Eldwyn's reply. "Ah the breeze... uh what... oh Yes two 'Hin' there will be! Certainly! Most defintely!"

Remove ads