[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

Eldwyn nods at Sevlaggio's suggestion. "Yes, given what we've heard I don't fancy wandering about alone. I would be pleased to help in finding Amber as well as Kylest's quest. And of course I would be untrue to my nature if I did not join Elmus in seeking lost culinary arts."

Voadam

Legend
"Agreed, working as a group once we are situated in New Phlan we should be more effective as a search party and won't duplicate each other's efforts. In addition our tactical strength will be increased as we search in a hostile environment allowing us to do more."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kylest nods along with the conversation.

"Yes, it seems that the old city is no place to find oneself alone. And any place can be made better if you have good friends and good company. I shall be glad to work along side you all in retaking the city."

Thanee

First Post
1348 DR, Day 4 of Mirtul (spring)

While the ship drifts closer to the waterside during the next hours, the captain steers it towards a large estuary. Sickly colored wafts of mist rise and writhe above the Stojanow river, which meets the Moonsea there, and beyond them the water seems dark and foul. Eventually the silhouette of the ruined city comes into view, raised above the sickening vapors at the river mouth, as the ship cuts through the mist.

Suddenly a flight of arrows strikes the deck, one of the deadly projectiles hits its mark and a sailor drops to his knees with a bloody arrowhead protruding from the back of his neck.

“ORCS! ARCHERS! ON THE RIVER BANK!”

Within seconds the crew and passengers turn into a busy crowd, seeking cover and returning the fire. A dozen orcs can be seen on the eastern river bank, hidden behind rocks and trees or the ruined remains of ancient structures. Luckily their shortbows lack the range and precision, and their archers the skill to become a serious threat, while the return fire slowly drives them deeper inside their hiding places and eventually routs the small group of ambushers.

Minutes later, the ship enters the harbor of civilized Phlan. The stinging stench coming from the river is unpleasant, but the prospect of leaving the ship quickly dismisses any thoughts about its origin. On the pier, the dock workers cheer during the mooring of the ship and while a large plank is put into place to allow the passengers to leave the deck.

Intrepido and Eldwyn's dog howl and bark excitedly, jumping between the adventurers, who wait impatiently for the opportunity to finally debark. Beyond the pier a small market can be seen, where fish, hopefully not catched in the river, and some general goods are offered at half a dozen market stands. From their elevated position, two larger buildings can be made out. The disproportionally large wall seperating civilized Phlan from the rest of the city in the north of the settlement, with the other three sides surrounded by water, and a somewhat prestigious building in its center, surrounded by many smaller houses.

When their turn to leave the ship has come, the small group moves down to the pier one by one, the relief of finally feeling strong stone under their feet, once they have left the pier, clearly showing on their faces. Curious eyes examine the new arrivals, while they look around as well, trying to take in all the impressions presented to them.

Kylest:
[SBLOCK]You notice an armored figure, that almost seems to stare at the group, scrutinizing you with a watchful gaze. The man wears an overtunic with the holy symbol of Tyr above his chainmail armor.[/SBLOCK]

Oog/Elmus:
[SBLOCK]You notice an armored figure, that almost seems to stare at the group, scrutinizing you with a watchful gaze. The man wears an overtunic with the holy symbol of Tyr above his chainmail armor.[/SBLOCK]

Selvaggio:

Krug

Newshound
Elmus pulls his hood over him carefully, doing his best to play the part of the halfling. He pulls out a pipe and lights it, hoping this seems persuasive. Beneath his robes, the goblin is sweating.

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

Eldwyn steps to the side once he is back on land and says a brief prayer of thanks for being safely returned to the land. He also asks a benediction on his new companions. Then he joins the others. "I was so excited to get here I neglected to ask about lodging. Does anyone know where we can stay?"

Remove ads