Proof that backlist sales matter in PDFs . . .

Vigilance

Explorer
Its always a strong seller and frequently on the hot sellers top 25.

As it should be, its the best module ever written imo.

Chuck

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Morrus said:
Do we need proof...?

I don't. But many people doubt that backlist sales have any meaning in PDF. The reasoning is that if backlist in print is basically meaningless than it must be the same in PDF.

I know that backlist sales matter in PDF sales.

Crothian

First Post
Does this also work for books that were once in print like Green Ronin and Monkeygods books now in PDF? It'd be interesting to see if that is also true.

rpghost

First Post
Crothian said:
Does this also work for books that were once in print like Green Ronin and Monkeygods books now in PDF? It'd be interesting to see if that is also true.

Very much so... Some of our best sellers are Green Ronin products wether pre-print released or post...

The great thing that publishers need to realize is that they'll CONTINUE to sell for a long long time...

James

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
Crothian said:
Whle I cannot vouch for Green Ronin, I know that ICE's backlist PDF sales have been on a small, but steadily upward trend.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Why do you think that folks such as Monte have become so succesful? They saw the strengths of the pdf market and the print market at an early stage and used that knowledge to maximum effect. Now Monte can afford to start freaky products that cost $120 retail (and people love it).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases