Diplomatic Immunity--Preface: Vasha's Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Wow, that sounds like quite a lovely place," Bertram replies, "As for my home, it is not so desolate as all that. We have plants and such imported there--even a little orchard behind the estate. I always liked to lie there and dream when I was younger...As for wandering the Spheres, yes...that is my life now. I have travelled from one end to the other looking for excitement, adventure, and intrigue...But all I discovered in the end is that what really matters is having people with whom to share it..."

Bront

The man with the probe
"That's why I drag Puddles here around." she says with a smile. Puddles looks up at her hearing his name, happy for the attention. Vasha looks up at the sky "How close to sunrise do you wish to continue?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I figured we'd go past sunrise, travelling during the morning when the sun is still low. When it gets too hot, we can break for the day--how does that sound to you, Vasha?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"That should be fine." she says.

OOC: You're welcome to bring us to wherever we're ready to camp, unless he has more to ask.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*They continue to travel until late morning, when the sun becomes heated and sweat begins to pour down Bertram's face.*

"Alright, I guess it is time for us to rest," Bertram decides, pulling the tent out of his backpack, unrolling it, and setting it up before gesturing for Vasha to enter."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha crawls in on one side, and motions for Puddles to do the same, who craws in on the edge. She motions for Betram to follow inside once they're in. "Should be enough room." She smiles.

As Bertram crawls in, Vasha notes the extent of his discomfort in the heat. "Here, let me help you," she says. "You don't look too comfortable." . She hangs a very thin cloth prevent most of the sand from blowing in while still allowing air to go through, and then makes a quick jesture
casting prestigitation
. She sets a cool breeze flowing throught he tent, and then dries off him and his clothing.

"The cool breeze won't last forever, but it should help you get comfortable for a bit," She says, smilng. "If it gets realy uncomfortable for you though, you might want to take some of those clothes off. Even a warm breeze can feel refreshing when it's on you bare skin. If it gets too much warmer, I might have to myself."

Without missing a beat, she digs out a waterskin "Water?" she offers, before taking some herself, and then cupping her hand and letting Puddles drink some from it. She cools it just a bit so it's refreshing, but not cold.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Bertram sighs in relief at the coll breeze, as he begins to take out his waterskin but is beaten to the draw by Vasha, accepting a sip with a smile and a "Thank you!" *

"My, you really know what you are doing in the desert--I guess it comes from living here, eh?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"That, common sense, and a connection to nature all help," she says. "I left here when I was much younger, but some things sink in over time, and Arris does not wish us true harm. I just wish I remebered if there were other predators that might be a bit less discriminating, but I think they would be taking shelter for the same reasons."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah, yes. I hope that you are correct," Bertram says, as he takes the soft sheets and a silky pillow from his backpack and spreads them out for Vasha.

"Here, use these," he suggests, taking out a bedroll for himself.

Bront

The man with the probe
"You sure? I'll prolly just sleep on top of one. It's kinda hot out here. You keep one of these for yourself.' She smiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads