Dark Deeds On White Mountain--Recruitment Thread--CLOSED

LogicsFate

First Post
I'd like to throw in with a professional
[sblock] A young monk, possibly half-elf, still fresh from training. He tends to be a little to rash compared to he brethran, though still holds up the ideals of his order. The reason being that his training was rushed at the hands of an elven monestary, due to his partiall human parantage(no 100 years of training for him)

Didn't request any money for the job, doesn't say no if offered ;)

As the traditional monk garb tends to draw attention, Elliom(name to be changed) wears simple loose travelers clother adiquate for fighting. Vibrant green eyes and mussed brown hair, as he does not care much about appearances[/sblock]

or a Local boy
[sblock] Or rather a man, a man who was at one time haughty and rich, an Aristocrat living the life of a debutant. Till he lost his ties to his family, his name, and his wealth. Landing in town with no where else to go. And despite having to learn all the hard lessons of life, the people welcomed him warmly. Determined to make something out of himself and prove himself to his new home, Elliom(name to be changed) took up the reins of a hunter/tracker Ranger, and now is a/the major sorce of meat and furs in town

Has a bit of girth to him and kind eyes, he wears the styles of the town and has let his hair and beard grow out. [/sblock]

No need to make any longer than this as my belief is that the best characters become who they are during the adventure, not before it.
I agree whole-heartedly

Last edited:

Bloodweaver1

First Post
2nd Level Fighter
1st Level Paladin
I apologize for two things. One is that I wrote this kinda in a rush so hopefully it doesn't sound tooo bad. And two is that I have yet to give her a name or a chosen Deity yet. The later shouldn't be too hard I would imagine. Let me know if there is anything else that you like would for me to change or add. Thanks.

-Blood

[sblock]
Name: Mist, Valkyrie Knight of Woden Order (Human)
She just finished her squire training (2 levels of fighter) and has past the trail to becoming a Valkyrie Knight of the Woden Order (1 level paladin). Her Order hears the cry for help from the struggling town mayor and sends her to answer the call. She is eager to prove her worth not only to herself but to Woden as well.

She stands about 5’8”, and weighs about 130 lbs. She has long black hair with hazel eyes. On her armor, shield and in the pommel of her sword there is some kind of depiction of Woden's holy symbol.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Gray Shade said:
A note on religion in this adventure (for everyone, but thanks for bringing it up, Ferrix):

Hazel is a very small town. The only temple in the town is a longhouse dedicated to Woden, anyone from the town who is religious, therefore (unless there are very unusual circumstances--which their could be, but they would be . . . er . . . very unusual) worships Woden (yeah, as in "Odin") or at least a deity from Norse mythology.

I'll hold off on making any calls on the rest of the character you talk about, Ferrix, since it sounds like you may not go with her anyway.

Hrm... Woden? Norse mythology... That changes things a bit...

LogicsFate

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
Man, I don't even know how to make one of those neat Spoiler: Show boxes

[ s b l o c k ] message [ / s b l o c k ]

As per

[sblock][sblock][sblock][sblock][sblock][sblock][sblock][sblock][sblock][sblock][sblock]Did you want to see the massge that badly?[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Alright, here goes...

[sblock]
Lars Grimhelm, Male Human Exp2/Bbn2: Medium Humanoid ;
HD 2d6+4 ( Expert) , 2d12+4 ( Barbarian) ;
hp 38; Init + 0; Spd 40;
AC 16 (Flatfooted: 16 Touch: 10);
Atk +7 base melee, +3 base ranged;
+8 ( 1d12+6, Greataxe, Masterwork );
+7 ( 1d8+6, Battleaxe )

God: Moradin, the Dwarven God

Languages: Common and Dwarven

AL CG; SV Fort + 5, Ref + 0, Will + 2;

STR 18 (+4 to attack/damage)
DEX 10
CON 15 (+2 to hps)
INT 8 (-1 penalty to skill pts/level)
WIS 8 (-1 penalty to Will saves)
CHA 14

Skills: Craft (Armorsmithing) + 2, Craft (Blacksmithing) + 2,
Craft (Weaponsmithing) + 2, Profession (Armorsmith) + 3, Profession (Blacksmith) + 3, Profession (Miner) + 1, Profession (Weaponsmith) + 3, Profession (Woodcutter) + 1,
Survival +2, Local Area Knowledge +4.

Feats: Cleave, Power Attack.

Class Abilities: +10 movement, Illiteracy, Rage 1/day for 7 rounds, Uncanny Dodge

Possessions:
Weapons: Greataxe, Masterwork; Battleaxe.

Armor: Magic Breastplate +1. Custom made dwarven, horned helmet.

Goods: Backpack; Small sack full of hay; Lantern, bullseye; Rope, hemp (50 ft.); Whetstone; Waterskin (full); Flint and steel; Oil (pint); Oil (pint); Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds; 2 Oils of Bless Weapon

During one goblin raid, Lars' blacksmith father and his mother were killed, leaving the boy homeless. The local dwarven community took him in as one of their own, teaching them the ways of metal, fighting with an axe, and song. Unfortunately, Lars never fit in with either the dwarves or humans, and often finds himself culturally confused.

Lars looks and acts in a similar way to the vikings of old, drinking heavily, bathing rarely, and making a loud nuisance out of himself. He is good-natured, though, and despite his social awkwardness people tend to enjoy being around him. Or somewhat near him, as the 6 foot and 2 inch, 195 pound, red hair and bearded man needs to take a bath sometime.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gray Shade

First Post
Logic's Fate: either one of those could work just fine. If you get time over the next week, see if you can fill out one (or both) of them (I mean fill out with stats and skills and equipment, those are fine enough histories/descriptions).

Duece Traveler: I'm still pretty new to this pbp thing myself. Click on edit message where you tried to sblock, and remove the spaces between the brackets and letters and between the letters, so that it looks like this: [sblok] and [/sblok] except that sblok is spelled sblock--that should do it. Also, scroll down to the bottom of a thread and look for a box entitled "Posting Rules" click on "vB code" where it says "vB code is on" this will give you a listing of all the commands for posting.

Bloodweaver1: Looks great! Get her a complete sheet when you get time.

Lazlow: Yup, I got it. It looks good, but you probably want to give him some sort of "practical" skill (hunting, fishing, woodworking, accounting--perhaps he helps out the Mining Company by tracking their inventory and what they move to Rumbol to sell--or gardening, or cooking or whatever). Hazel's such a small town I'm not sure they need a "full-time" Padre.

Everyone should try to picture Hazel as very "frontier-like" and very old-Scandinavian, most of the miners all live in a smaller longhouse, and there's one larger longhouse that serves as the town hall and temple to Woden. People trust each other in the town, and they have to to survive, and everyone's got to produce something.

Krug

Newshound
Hmm.. ok been thinking about it, so might drop Snik and go for this character instead.
[sblock]
Dentmus Ootragan, Human Drd2/Adept2, the druid who uses his powers to further his own addictions, travelling around (though frequently around Hazel) towns to peddle cures for both humans/humanoids and plants, as well as cure daughters of all their afflictions at a special price. He uses his druidic powers to boost/bless certain crops, doesn't mind taking a few bribes from the right quarters to ruin competiting farms so that greedy landowners can buy them out, and just not a do-gooder sort. His deity is with Byggvir, whom he likes to worship in taverns.

His companions vary from time to time, seemingly occasionally a boar (if the DM allows) or duck. Dentmus makes frequent references to cooking them, and leads them with a noose around their necks.

Well, anyway, he looks like Alan Moore, just dressed in a druidic fashion. ;)

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases