Dark Deeds On White Mountain--Recruitment Thread--CLOSED

Fenris

Adventurer
Gray Shade said:
Back again! Thanks for all the submissions. This is shaping up VERY well! It's going to be a lot of fun!

Fenris:
[sblock]Looks pretty good for now. I'll go over it with a fine-toothed comb this weekend, after I have all the characters in. Equip your character how you like; however, I would suggest that you consider a shield for when you're using that Bastard Sword 1-handed (since you have shield proficiency). If you don't like shields, then that's cool, everyone's got a preference, just a suggestion. Outside of that, he looks very good. A very tough Bard. Oh, and I have no problem with the Savage Bard.[/sblock]

Gray Shade:
[sblock] I hadn't even thought of a shield. But with ASF for the meager bard spells I have it may not be worth it, even for a buckler. My image was of him charging into battle sword in one hand, blowing his horn in the other, once embroiled in combat and when raging he just goes two-handed. So I guess I could just go with a two hander, since I won't be using the horn in melee much anyway :) Might save me the feat, what do you think? I also wanted to ask about cultural weapons and whether a sword or axe would be more appropriate growing up in Hazel. [/sblock]

Gray Shade

First Post
Fenris:
[sblock]Sword or axe, whichever. They are both pretty common in the area and easy to find. Shield / no shield: that's cool. I forgot about the raging (when your additional damage for 2-handed is more worthwhile).[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

[sblock]Ka’ashawndrah
Female Elf Rogue 3
Alignment: Neutral Good

Height: 4'-7"
Weight: 85#
Skin: Fair
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Silver

Str: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Dex: 18 (+4) [10 points, +2 race]
Con: 10 (+0) [4 points, -2 race]
Int: 16 (+3) [10 points]
Wis: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Cha: 10 (+0) [2 points]

Racial Abilities: +2 DEX, –2 CON; Medium; Speed 30 feet; Immunity to magic sleep effects; +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects; Low-Light Vision; Weapon Proficiency: Longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow); +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks; Languages: Common and Elven / Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan; Favored Class: Wizard.

Class Abilities: Sneak Attack +2d6, Trapfinding, Evasion, Trap Sense +1.

Hit Dice: 3d6
HP: 15
AC: 18 (+4 Dex, +4 Armor)
Armor Check Penalty: +0
Init: +4 (+4 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves
Fortitude: +1 [+1 base, +0 Con]
Reflex: +7 [+3 base, +4 Dex]
Will: +1 [+1 base, +0 Wis]

BAB: +2

Melee: +4 (1d8+1/19-20/S, Longsword)
Melee: +4 (1d4+1/19-20/PS, Dagger)
Ranged: +7 (1d8+1/x3/110'/P, Longbow)
Ranged: +7 (1d4+1/19-20/10'/P, Dagger)

Skills
Balance: +12 [6 ranks, +4 Dex, +2 Synergy]
Climb: +7 [6 ranks, +1 Str]
Disable Device: +13 [6 ranks, +3 Int, +2 Feat, +2 Item]
Escape Artist: +10 [6 ranks, +4 Dex]
Hide: +12 [6 ranks, +4 Dex, +2 Feat]
Jump: +3 [0 ranks, +1 Str, +2 Synergy]
Listen: +8 [6 ranks, +0 Wis, +2 Race]
Move Silently: +12 [6 ranks, +4 Dex, +2 Feat]
Open Lock: +14 [6 ranks, +4 Dex, +2 Feat, +2 Item]
Search: +10 [6 ranks, +2 Int, +2 Race]
Spot: +8 [6 ranks, +0 Wis, +2 Race]
Tumble: +10 [6 ranks, +4 Dex]

Feats:
Nimble Fingers
Stealthy

Languages: Common, Elf, Draconic, Sylvan, Gnoll.

Encumbrance: Light: 0 – 43; Med.: 44 – 86; Heavy: 87 – 130; Lift: to 260; Drag: to 650

Equipment:
Traveler’s Outfit (-, -, Worn)
Studded Leather +1 (1175gp, 20#, Worn)
MW Longsword (315gp, 4#, Belt)
MW Longbow +1 STR (500gp, 3#, Shoulder)
20 Arrows (1gp, 3#, Back)
Backpack (2gp, 2#, Back)
MW Thieves’ Tools (100gp, 2#, Backpack)
Everburning Torch (110gp, 1#, Backpack)
MW Dagger (302gp, 1#, Backpack)
2 CLW Potions (100gp, -, Backpack)
Vial of Antitoxin (50gp, -, Backpack)
Flask of Alchemist's Fire (20gp, 1#, Backpack)
2 Flasks of Acid (20gp, 2#, Backpack)
Sunrods (2gp, 1#, Backpack)
Flint & Steel (1gp, -, Backpack)
Bell (1gp, -, Backpack)
Signal Whistle (8sp, -, Backpack)
Sack (1sp, 0.5#, Backpack)
Flask of Oil (1sp, 1#, Backpack)
------------------------------
Total (2700gp, 41.5#)

Treasure: 300gp

Appearance: Ka’ashawndrah is very short for an elf. She wears her mid-back length silver hair in a ponytail most of the time. She can most often be found wearing a shirt and vest, wool breeches, sturdy boots, a belt, and a cloak with a hood. She wears studded leather armor over her clothes and carries most of her equipment in her backpack. She has a longsword at her belt, and a longbow and a quiver of arrows on her shoulder.

Background: Two months ago Ka’ashawndrah was mortally wounded and her campanions left her in Rumbol to recuperate. She has now recovered and is ready to go. Unfortunately her campanions left 6 weeks ago. She is wondering what she can do when the message from Hazel arrives. She is sure she can help the people of Hazel.[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Gray Shade said:
Back again! Thanks for all the submissions. This is shaping up VERY well! It's going to be a lot of fun!

[sblock]Looks pretty good. I'll go over it with a fine-toothed comb this weekend, after I have all the characters in. I will give you advanced warning, though, only about the first quarter of the adventure will be outside (so all your Riding feats will become pretty much useless *probably*). Do what you will with your character, just a little hint from the judge for you.[/sblock]

Noted, I made some changes. Let me know.

-Blood

Gray Shade

First Post
I think the team's about filled itself out on its own here. I'll take any last minute submissions of characters, but what I've got is looking good. I'll officially anounce who's in tomorrow afternoon, and then Saturday afternoon I will post any notes or details that need work on the character sheets. Please take time to check this thread some time after that and before next Tuesday morning, as I'd really like to get the adventure under way then. If you can't, let me know and we'll work something out, but for now that's the plan.

Tailspinner:
[sblock]Ka’ashawndrah will be better fitted for the party. No one's made a rogue yet, so she would be quite useful. I'll go over her sheet for detail-type stuff this weekend after I make my decisions, but for now she looks good! Although, are you sure you want short sword and short bow instead of long sword and long bow--she's an elf so she does get the proficiencies. Take what you like and what you think fits her best, but when all other things are equal, the extra one or two points of damage can help, but, like I said, whatever you're most comfortable with. :) [/sblock]

Krug:
[sblock]Cool. I would have hated for you to realize in the first fight that your wand of magic missiles was really just a pointy stick for jabbing at the enemies' eyes. ;) [/sblock]

Bloodweaver1:
Groovy.

Gray Shade

First Post
Krug:
[sblock]I've been going over Dentmus and he needs some tightening up. Here's what I've found. Please take time to correct the following before Tuesday morning. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you don't think I did any things right, please let me know that, too.

1. Dentmus' BAB should be +1 (Adept and Expert level 1 are both 0, and Druid level 2 is +1). This means that your attacks with your sickle and dagger will also be +1, but your attack with Sling will be +3 (because of your high Dex.).

2. Your grapple should also be +1 (it’s equal to your BAB plus Str. Bonus-so actually, that’s good news).

3. Good news, your HP should be 31 (Max for level 1 Druid—8, plus 6 for level 2 Druid, plus 4 for Adept 1, plus 5 for Expert 1, plus 8 for Con bonus = 31).

4. Your Fort and Reflex saves are right, but your Will should be higher. The base for level 1 Adept is 2, and the base for level 1 Expert is also 2, and for 2nd level druid the base is 3, so your base Will save should be 7, plus your 2 for Wis, is a total of +9.

5. For clarity, please note that the “Class Skills” you list under Abilities are “Expert Class Skills”

6. Please send me spell descriptions for Naturewatch and Wood Wose (I don’t have access to the Complete Divine book).

7. Also for clarity: under 0-level Druid spells, you only have Naturewatch. Do you have this 4 times (since you get 4, 0-level spells a day)? Or did you not get around to picking the other 3? Either way, for clarity, either write Naturewatch 4 times, or choose the others.

8. You have one too many skill points used from your Expert class—you should have 9 and I count 10 on skills that are Expert Only. Also, you should have 4 levels of Local Knowledge (instead of 2). Otherwise your skills look good. Nature Sense gives you your +2 on Knowledge: Nature and Survival and your healing kit gives you the +2 on Heal, and you already got both of those, so very good.

9. Add the Druid language. Every Druid can speak and read and write “Druid” Also add Dwarven. Because your character is a "local" he's used to being around Dwarves and has picked up on their language over the years.

10. Your weight is off by one pound. Your total is 44 pounds of gear, not 43.

11. I added up your equipment costs and came out with 2332, so I think you’re actually over by a little, but I like you so don’t worry about it. Just leave the equipment as is, and keep the 18 gold you’ve got.

12. Please note somewhere after your skills that your Sleight of Hand suffers -3 because of your Medium encumbrance, and your Swim suffers -6.

13. And finally, note that you could bump up your shield from Light Wooden to Heavy Wooden for an extra 4 gold and 5 pounds (which you’re already knee-deep in Medium encumbrance so I don’t see how it would hurt, but your choice), and this would give you an additional 1 on your AC.
[/sblock]

Gray Shade

First Post
Deuce Traveler:
[sblock]Okay. I filled in some details on Lars' sheet, but that’s about it. I noted the Armor Check Penalty on your physical skills; added cost and weight for all your items (in parenthesis after each item); totaled your weight carried; added your encumbrance chart; and totaled your wealth. If you have any questions let me know, but I’m pretty sure it’s all accurate. You still have a little money left, which you could use to buy a shield (in case you ever go with your one-handed Axe), and/or a few throwing axes, in case you ever need a ranged weapon. OR, you could not get a shield or ranged weapon and go it as is, which would is cool, too—your choice. If you get any additional gear, though, make sure to note it in your equipment list, wealth and weight carried.

Lars Grimhelm, Male Human Exp2/Bbn2: Medium Humanoid ;
HD 2d6+4 ( Expert) , 2d12+4 ( Barbarian) ;
hp 38; Init + 0; Spd 40;
AC 16 (Flatfooted: 16 Touch: 10);
Atk +7 base melee, +3 base ranged;
+8 ( 1d12+4, Greataxe, Masterwork );
+7 ( 1d8+4, Battleaxe )

God: Moradin, the Dwarven God

Languages: Common and Dwarven

AL CG; SV Fort + 5, Ref + 0, Will + 2;

STR 18 (+4 to attack/damage)
DEX 10
CON 15 (+2 to hps)
INT 8 (-1 penalty to skill pts/level)
WIS 8 (-1 penalty to Will saves)
CHA 14 (+2 bonus)

Skills: Craft (Armorsmithing) + 2, Craft (Blacksmithing) + 2, Craft (Weaponsmithing) + 2, Profession (Armorsmith) + 3, Profession (Blacksmith) + 3, Profession (Miner) + 1, Profession (Weaponsmith) + 3, Profession (Woodcutter) + 1, Survival +2, Local Area Knowledge +4, Intimidate +5, Climb +5*, Swim +5*, Jump +6*.

* -3 Armor Check Penalty not included

Feats: Cleave, Power Attack.

Class Abilities: +10 movement, Illiteracy, Rage 1/day for 7 rounds, Uncanny Dodge

Possessions:
Weapons: Greataxe (320 gp/12 lb), Masterwork; Battleaxe (10 gp/6 lb).

Armor: Magic Breastplate +1 (1200 gp/30 lb). Custom made dwarven, horned helmet. (free and weightless! Nice touch!)

Goods: Backpack (2 gp/2 lb); Small sack full of hay (free/1 lb); Lantern, Bullseye (12 gp/3 lb); Rope, hemp (50 ft.) (1 gp/10 lb); Whetstone (2 cp/1 lb); Waterskin (full) (1 gp/4 lb); Flint and steel (1 gp/0 lb); Oil (pint) (1 sp/1 lb); Oil (pint) (1 sp/1 lb); Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp/0 lb); 2 Oils of Bless Weapon (100 gp/0 lb—each)

Total Weight Carried: 71 lb

Encumbrance: Light Load: 0 – 100; Med. Load: 101 – 200; Heavy Load: 201- 300; Lift: to 600; Drag: to 1500

Wealth: 252 gp 7 sp 8 cp

During one goblin raid, Lars' blacksmith father and his mother were killed, leaving the boy homeless. The local dwarven community took him in as one of their own, teaching them the ways of metal, fighting with an axe, and song. Unfortunately, Lars never fit in with either the dwarves or humans, and often finds himself culturally confused.

Lars looks and acts in a similar way to the vikings of old, drinking heavily, bathing rarely, and making a loud nuisance out of himself. He is good-natured, though, and despite his social awkwardness people tend to enjoy being around him. Or somewhat near him, as the 6 foot and 2 inch, 195 pound, red hair and bearded man needs to take a bath sometime.
[/sblock]

Remove ads