Dark Deeds On White Mountain--Recruitment Thread--CLOSED

Gray Shade

First Post
End of Recruitment

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and end the recruitment as I said I would.

Thank you to everyone who posted and submitted.

The following players are my primary choices, mostly because their characters are most developed. I'll be posting messages to everyone idividually about your characters tonight with details that need work. On Tuesday morning I will open a new thread for the game proper and link to that thread from this thread.

Bloodweaver1, playing Mist
Tailspinner, playing Ka'ashawndrah (which is easier to say than spell)
Krug, playing Dentmus Otragan
Lazlow, playing The Padre
Fenris, playing Haakon Sigurdsson
Deuce Traveler, playing Lars Grimhelm

If any of the above can't keep up with the postings or for whatever reason needs or wants to drop out, I'll call upon LogicsFate, Lord_Raven88, or Sorrow the Man Bear. Hope there's no hard feelings. :heh:

(oh, and does anyone know how to change the name of this thread so that I can say in the title that it's closed?)

Last edited:

Gray Shade

First Post
Fenris:
[sblock]Skills look good now. At least I can follow where the ranks came from. :) Once you've got all the changes and additions noted on your character sheet, go ahead and add his 1,000 Experience Points and he's ready to go. As for Illiteracy: sadly, a character who starts with Illiteracy, stays illiterate until they spend skill points to buy literacy (at 2 skill points per language--yeah, you have to buy literacy in each language separately). Anyway, see you in the new thread![/sblock]

Gray Shade

First Post
Krug:
[sblock]
Krug said:
I see him keeping a light shield, as he's not much of a combatant.
Excellent. Character over combat. I'm sure that will work out great for you! :heh:
Krug said:
Will get the Naturewatch and Wood Wose spells to you.
All righty, just get them in before you try to cast them.

I think that your weight got off even further somehow now. Re-add his weight carried. I think you missed his weapons or something, because I was coming up with several more pounds than what you've got. Oh, and nevermind that .1 lb for the potion, you can round that down. Finally, give him his 1,000 Experience Points and he's ready to go![/sblock]

Lazlow

First Post
Gray Shade: To change the thread title, just edit your first post (edit button) and change the subject line therein.

Gray Shade

First Post
Tailspinner:
[sblock]
Okay, Ka’ashawndrah looks pretty darn good. I’ve only found a couple details that you’ll need to change.

1. She gets a +2 synergy bonus to Balance from her Tumble skill, so add that.

2. She also gets a +2 synergy bonus to Jump from her Tumble skill. I know she doesn’t have any levels of Jump, but if you want to add it to her sheet, it may help us remember later when it becomes necessary for her to do some jumping.

3. She should also have a +2 Item bonus on her Disable Device (from the Masterwork Thieves’ Tools).

4. Finally, just for easy reference later, I would ask that you add an encumbrance chart as follows:

Encumbrance: Light: 0 – 43 Med.: 44 – 86 Heavy: 87 – 130 Lift: to 260 Drag: to 650

Other than that, she looks accurate and ready to go to me! (I’ll turn a blind eye to the fact that the 300 gold the Mayor just gave her technically adds 6 pounds to her encumbrance!) ;)
[/sblock]

Krug

Newshound
Great to know I've been selected. :) Dentmus is going to be fun.

[sblock]
Ooh boy ok will readd his eqpt, and came out with 49 lbs. Naturally when he's in town he doesn't carry his armor or weapons around.

Naturewatch can be found here

Wood Wose is just a natural unseen servant, and probably will be swapped out for something more useful once he's out in the woods.

Wood Wose
Conjuration (Creation)
Lvl: Druid 1
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 std action
Range: Close (25' +5'/2 level)
Effect: One nature servant
Duration: 1 hour/level
ST: None SR: No

A wood wose is a translucent, green nature spirit that you can command to perform simple natural tasks that doesn't involve knowledge of technology. (Can't open a latched chest for example)
The wose can perform only one activity at at time, but repeats it if told to do so.
Wose has effective strength score of 2, lift 20 lbs or drag 100 lbs. Can trigger traps, but the 20 lbs of force is not enough to activiate most pressure plates. Speed is 15' in any direction.
Wood wose cannot attack in any way, never allowed an attack roll or saving throw. Cannot be killed, but dissipates if it takes 6 points of damage from area attacks. If sent beyond the spell range (measured from your current position), it ceases to exist.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B]  Dentmus Otragan
[B]Class:[/B] Druid2/Adept1/Expert1
[B]Race:[/B]  Human
[B]Size:[/B]  Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Byqqvir (Barley God)

[B]Str:[/B] 10 (+0)      [B]Level:[/B] 2        [B]XP:[/B] 1000
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 (+2)      [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 2d8+2d6+8=31
[B]Con:[/B] 14 (+2)      [B]Grapple:[/B] +1     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -/-
[B]Int:[/B] 15 (+2)      [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 14 (+2)      [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] - 
[B]Cha:[/B] 12 (+1)      [B]ACP:[/B]   0        [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]            10  +3    +1    +2    0    +0    +0    +0    16
[B]Touch:[/B] 12               [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 13

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +2          +5
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +2          +2
[B]Will:[/B]                      7    +2          +9
[b]
Armor                    Bonus   Dex   ACP   ASF  Weight    Cost[/b]
Leather +1                  +3     +6      0    10%   15lbs   1010gp
Shield, Light Wooden MW     +1     -       0     5%   10lb     157gp
[B]
Weapon                    Attack   Damage     Critical   Range   Weight  Cost[/B] 
Sickle                       +1      1d6          x2        -     2lb     6gp
Dagger                       +1      1d4      19-20/x2      20'   1lb     2gp
Sling                        +3      1d4          x2        50'   0lb     -
 Bullets (10)                                                     5lb

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Sylvan, Elf, Druidic, Dwarven

[B]Abilities:[/B] Animal Companion (Boar/Duck), Nature sense, Wild Empathy, Woodland 
Stride, Expert Class skills: Appraise, Bluff, Diplomacy, Forgery, Gather Information, 
Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Religion), Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Search

[B]Feats:[/B] Endurance, Scribe Scroll

[b]Spells:[/b] 
Druid: 0 level (4/Dc: 12) - Naturewatch (Complete Divine), Detect Magic, Detect Poison, 
Cure Minor Wounds
1 level (3/DC: 13) - Entangle, Produce Flame, Wood Wose (ComDiv)
Adept: 0 level (3/DC: 12) - Ghost Sound, Read Magic, Mending
1 level (2/DC: 13) - Obscuring Mist, Cure Light Wounds

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 52    [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 7
[B]Skills                      Abil Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Bluff                       Cha   2    +1           3
Concentration               Con   5    +2           7
Diplomacy                   Cha   3    +1           4
Forgery                     Int   1    +2           3
Gather Information          Cha   3    +1           4
Handle Animal               Cha   6    +1           7
Heal                        Wis   5    +2   +2      9
Knowledge (Arcana)          Int   1    +2           3
Knowledge (Local)           Int   4    +2           6
Knowledge (Nature)          Int   4    +2   +2      8
Knowledge (Religion)        Int   1    +2           3
Listen                      Wis   3    +2           5
Search                      Int   1    +2           3
Sense Motive                Wis   1    +2           3
Sleight of Hand             Dex   1    +2   -3      0
Spellcraft                  Int   4    +2           6
Spot                        Wis   4    +2           6
Survival                    Wis   4    +2   +2      8
Swim                        Str   1    +0   -6     -5

[B]Equipment:                Cost  Weight[/B]
Backpack                   2gp    2lb
Healer's Kit              50gp    1lb
Holly and Mistletoe        -      -
Wand of CLW              750gp    -lb
Pouch                      5gp    2lb
Traveler's Outfit          1gp    5lb
Rations (4 days)           2gp    2lb
Waterskin                  1gp    4lb
Potion of CLW (x2)       100gp    .2lb
Potion of Invisibility   300gp    .1lb
Scroll - CLW (x2)         50gp    -lb  
Scroll - Comp language    25gp    -lb
Scroll - Hide Animals     25gp    -lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 49 lb                [B]Money:[/B] 14gp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]         33lb   66lb   100lb  200lb   

[b]Animal Companion[/b]
Grunt, Boar, Medium Animal, Hit Dice: 3d8+12 (25 hp), Initiative: +0,
Speed: 	40 ft. (8 squares), Armor Class: 16 (+6 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 16,
Base Attack/Grapple: 	+2/+4, Attack: 	Gore +4 melee (1d8+3), Special Attacks: 	
Ferocity, Special Qualities: 	Low-light vision, scent, Saves:	Fort +6, Ref +3, Will 
+2, Abilities: 	Str 15, Dex 10, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 4, Skills: 	Listen +7, Spot 
+5, Feats: Alertness, Toughness

Quack, Duck, Tiny Animal, Hit Dice: 1/4 d8 (2 hp), Initiative: +2, Speed: 10 ft. (2 
squares), fly 40 ft. (average), Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-
footed 12, Base Attack/Grapple: +0/–13, Attack: Claws +4 melee (1d2–5), Special 
Attacks: — Special Qualities: Low-light vision Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2, 
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6 Skills: Listen +3, Spot +5 
Feats: Weapon Finesse

[B]Age:[/B] 29 years
[B]Height:[/B] 5' 9"
[B]Weight:[/B] 120 lbs
[B]Eyes:[/B] Black
[B]Hair:[/B] Long,wild brown
[B]Skin:[/B] Brown

[b]Description[/b]: Dentmus hair is long and messy, as is his beard. He is dressed in 
dirty robes most of the time, and bears an odd smell.

He is often seeing walking along with his boar, Grunt, or his duck, Quack, leashed.

[b]Background[/b]: How Dentmus came to be a druid is a mystery. He stumbled into it, 
and found that he had decent talent with it, though some think he does it just to meet 
dryads. He uses his druidic skills and talents to grow crops of questionable narcotic 
quality, smoking them before they can be sold.

He ventures from town to town peddling his healing skills, which he is admittedly good 
at, offering to treat all the sick young virgins and what ails them for half-price. He 
also gives advise on crops, using his spells and knowledge to enhance them, or if 
suitably paid, weaken them. He also cures animals and such, again, doing it more for 
coin than any great love.

He sees the adventurers coming into town as an opportunity to make some gold and help 
erase his gambling debt to Eraskon, a rather vicious, nasty old ranger who has been 
rumoured to put an arrow in the back of those he dislikes.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gray Shade

First Post
Bloodweaver1:
[sblock]
Okay. I’ve gone over Mist more closely and here’s what I’ve found.

1. For clarity and easy reference, please note (+3 hit, +1 damage) where her Smite is listed in the Traits list

2. Her speed will be 20 because of armor.

3. I think that the saves you have on here are left over from a rogue you played! Ha! She should have a base Fort of 5 (3 for Fighter and 2 for Paladin) +2 for Con = +7 total. His Reflex and Will both should have a base of 0, and +1 for Dex and Wis, respectively.

4. I don’t know what the “Improved Smite” feat gives. Please provide details.

5. On your equipment list, please add costs and weights to everything. This will make for easy reference as your inventory changes. Also, please mark which items she carries on her and which ones are on her horse. I marked them below with *, but just guessed at which items she leaves on her horse. As follows:

Dagger x2: 1d4 +2 (19-20 / x2) (4 gp / 2 lb)
Long Sword, Master: 1d8 +2 (19-20 / x2) (315 gp / 4 lb)
Heavy Mace, Master: 1d8 +2 (20 / x2) (312 gp / 8 lb)
Lance, Master: 1d8 +2 (20 / x3) (310 gp / 10 lb)*
Banded Mail: (+6 Armor, +1 Dex) (250 gp / 35 lb)
w/ signature crest & Riding Straps
Large Steel Shield: (+2 Shield) (20 gp / 15 lb)
w/ signature crest
Barding Chainmail (600 gp / 80 lb)*
Heavy Warhorse (400 gp)
Bit & Bridle (2 gp / 1 lb)*
M. Saddle (60 gp / 40 lb)*
SaddleBags (4 gp / 8 lb)*
Feed, Horse X10 (5 gp / 100 lb)*
Holy Symbol (Wood) (1 gp / 0 lb)
Belt Pouch (1 gp / .5 lb)
Potion, Cure Light x2 (100 gp / 0 lb)
Rations x6 (3 gp / 6 lb)*
Sunrods x5 (10 gp / 5 lb)
Waterskin x3 (3 gp / 12 lb)*
Backpack (2 gp / 2 lb)
Explorers outfit (10 gp / 0 lb)
Flint & Steel (1 gp / 0 lb)

6. Having done this, I came up with a different amount of gold than what you’d written down. I came up with 2413. (that’s a bit less than your number, so unless you can show me where you spent more money, you have a bit more to spend if you want)

7. By the way, you can safely go without the 10 days of horse feed if you want. The adventure takes place in early fall, so there’s still plenty of grass, and 100 pounds is a lot of weight to carry around—even on a heavy warhorse.

8. On your skill list, note that your -8 armor penalty applies to Open Lock, too (although, I can’t imagine you needing to try that), and double that, -16, is applied to your Swim check. Spot is a Wis based skill, too, so yours is higher than what you have.

9. Finally, please add Encumbrance tables, both for Mist and Thunder.

Mist’s will be:

Carry Capacity: Light: 0 – 58 Med.: 59 – 116 Heavy: 117 – 175 Lift: 350 Drag: 875

Thunder’s will be:

Carry Capacity: Light: 0 – 300 Med.: 301 – 600 Heavy: 601 – 900 Drag: 4500

Once all that is done, please figure your and Thunder’s encumbrance. Once that’s done, you’re done. Thanks!
[/sblock]

Gray Shade

First Post
Thanks for understanding, LogicsFate.

Krug, Dentmus looks ready to go. Naturewatch and Wood Wose both look fine to me if you want to have them prepared. Wood Wose looks like it could be very useful, and duration of 1 hour/level. Cool.

Lazlow:
[sblock]
Okay, as we discussed in your email, I have added the following to your equipment list:
Wand: Cure Light Wounds; Scrolls: 2 Bless, Burning Hands, Sleep, Protection from Evil, Cause Fear.

The only other thing I noticed that you need to do is choose which Cleric spells you have prepared. You chose Adept spells, but not Cleric. (go to the pull down menu on the top of the spells page and select "Cleric" for access to Cleric spells--don't know why it has your domain spells under Adept, but whatever).

Once that's done, you're done![/sblock]

Remove ads