Dark Deeds On White Mountain--Recruitment Thread--CLOSED

Lazlow

First Post
Grey Shade:
[sblock]Ah, that's why his spell selection seemed so weird. Alright then, I'd like to change one of those Bless scrolls to Bane, the Burning Hands to Doom, and one of the Prot from Evil to Remove Fear. I'll send you the corrected one Monday. Thanks![/sblock]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Gray Shade said:
Bloodweaver1:
[sblock]
Okay. I’ve gone over Mist more closely and here’s what I’ve found.

1. For clarity and easy reference, please note (+3 hit, +1 damage) where her Smite is listed in the Traits list

2. Her speed will be 20 because of armor.

3. I think that the saves you have on here are left over from a rogue you played! Ha! She should have a base Fort of 5 (3 for Fighter and 2 for Paladin) +2 for Con = +7 total. His Reflex and Will both should have a base of 0, and +1 for Dex and Wis, respectively.

4. I don’t know what the “Improved Smite” feat gives. Please provide details.

5. On your equipment list, please add costs and weights to everything. This will make for easy reference as your inventory changes. Also, please mark which items she carries on her and which ones are on her horse. I marked them below with *, but just guessed at which items she leaves on her horse. As follows:

Dagger x2: 1d4 +2 (19-20 / x2) (4 gp / 2 lb)
Long Sword, Master: 1d8 +2 (19-20 / x2) (315 gp / 4 lb)
Heavy Mace, Master: 1d8 +2 (20 / x2) (312 gp / 8 lb)
Lance, Master: 1d8 +2 (20 / x3) (310 gp / 10 lb)*
Banded Mail: (+6 Armor, +1 Dex) (250 gp / 35 lb)
w/ signature crest & Riding Straps
Large Steel Shield: (+2 Shield) (20 gp / 15 lb)
w/ signature crest
Barding Chainmail (600 gp / 80 lb)*
Heavy Warhorse (400 gp)
Bit & Bridle (2 gp / 1 lb)*
M. Saddle (60 gp / 40 lb)*
SaddleBags (4 gp / 8 lb)*
Feed, Horse X10 (5 gp / 100 lb)*
Holy Symbol (Wood) (1 gp / 0 lb)
Belt Pouch (1 gp / .5 lb)
Potion, Cure Light x2 (100 gp / 0 lb)
Rations x6 (3 gp / 6 lb)*
Sunrods x5 (10 gp / 5 lb)
Waterskin x3 (3 gp / 12 lb)*
Backpack (2 gp / 2 lb)
Explorers outfit (10 gp / 0 lb)
Flint & Steel (1 gp / 0 lb)

6. Having done this, I came up with a different amount of gold than what you’d written down. I came up with 2413. (that’s a bit less than your number, so unless you can show me where you spent more money, you have a bit more to spend if you want)

7. By the way, you can safely go without the 10 days of horse feed if you want. The adventure takes place in early fall, so there’s still plenty of grass, and 100 pounds is a lot of weight to carry around—even on a heavy warhorse.

8. On your skill list, note that your -8 armor penalty applies to Open Lock, too (although, I can’t imagine you needing to try that), and double that, -16, is applied to your Swim check. Spot is a Wis based skill, too, so yours is higher than what you have.

9. Finally, please add Encumbrance tables, both for Mist and Thunder.

Mist’s will be:

Carry Capacity: Light: 0 – 58 Med.: 59 – 116 Heavy: 117 – 175 Lift: 350 Drag: 875

Thunder’s will be:

Carry Capacity: Light: 0 – 300 Med.: 301 – 600 Heavy: 601 – 900 Drag: 4500

Once all that is done, please figure your and Thunder’s encumbrance. Once that’s done, you’re done. Thanks!
[/sblock]

Done, Check it out and let me know if I missed anything.

-Blood

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I made this adjustment to Lars, adding 2 throwing axes and one gem worth 250 gp to save on weight:

[sblock]

Lars Grimhelm, Male Human Exp2/Bbn2: Medium Humanoid ;
HD 2d6+4 ( Expert) , 2d12+4 ( Barbarian) ;
hp 38; Init + 0; Spd 40;
AC 16 (Flatfooted: 16 Touch: 10);
Atk +7 base melee, +3 base ranged;

+8 ( 1d12+4, Greataxe, Masterwork );
+7 ( 1d8+4, Battleaxe );
+3 ( 1d6+4, Throwing Axe)

God: Moradin, the Dwarven God

Languages: Common and Dwarven

AL CG; SV Fort + 5, Ref + 0, Will + 2;

STR 18 (+4 to attack/damage)
DEX 10
CON 15 (+2 to hps)
INT 8 (-1 penalty to skill pts/level)
WIS 8 (-1 penalty to Will saves)
CHA 14 (+2 bonus)

Skills: Craft (Armorsmithing) + 2, Craft (Blacksmithing) + 2, Craft (Weaponsmithing) + 2, Profession (Armorsmith) + 3, Profession (Blacksmith) + 3, Profession (Miner) + 1, Profession (Weaponsmith) + 3, Profession (Woodcutter) + 1, Survival +2, Local Area Knowledge +4, Intimidate +5, Climb +5*, Swim +5*, Jump +6*.

* -3 Armor Check Penalty not included

Feats: Cleave, Power Attack.

Class Abilities: +10 movement, Illiteracy, Rage 1/day for 7 rounds, Uncanny Dodge

Possessions:
Weapons: Greataxe (320 gp/12 lb), Masterwork; Battleaxe (10 gp/6 lb); 2 Throwing Axes (8 gp/ 2 lbs each).

Armor: Magic Breastplate +1 (1200 gp/30 lb). Custom made dwarven, horned helmet. (free and weightless! Nice touch!)

Goods: Backpack (2 gp/2 lb); Small sack full of hay (free/1 lb); Lantern, Bullseye (12 gp/3 lb); Rope, hemp (50 ft.) (1 gp/10 lb); Whetstone (2 cp/1 lb); Waterskin (full) (1 gp/4 lb); Flint and steel (1 gp/0 lb); Oil (pint) (1 sp/1 lb); Oil (pint) (1 sp/1 lb); Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp/0 lb); 2 Oils of Bless Weapon (100 gp/0 lb—each)

Total Weight Carried: 75 lb

Encumbrance: Light Load: 0 – 100; Med. Load: 101 – 200; Heavy Load: 201- 300; Lift: to 600; Drag: to 1500

Wealth: A red garnet, specially polished and engraved with a Dwarven rune for good luck worth 230 gp; 6 gp; 7 sp; 8 cp

During one goblin raid, Lars' blacksmith father and his mother were killed, leaving the boy homeless. The local dwarven community took him in as one of their own, teaching them the ways of metal, fighting with an axe, and song. Unfortunately, Lars never fit in with either the dwarves or humans, and often finds himself culturally confused.

Lars looks and acts in a similar way to the vikings of old, drinking heavily, bathing rarely, and making a loud nuisance out of himself. He is good-natured, though, and despite his social awkwardness people tend to enjoy being around him. Or somewhat near him, as the 6 foot and 2 inch, 195 pound, red hair and bearded man needs to take a bath sometime.

[/sblock]

How is that? Ready to go and thanks for choosing Lars Grimhelm!

G

Guest 11456

[sblock]OK! I have made the following changes:
1. Per your suggestion I changed the sword and bow to long. To offset the costs of these I removed one of the CLW potions and the signet ring (Longsword +5gp, Longbow +50gp, CLW potion -50gp, signet ring -5gp). To offset the weight, I removed the silk rope and replaced it with a second flask of acid (silk rope -5# & -10gp, Longsword +2#, Longbow +1#, flask of acid +1# & +10gp). Net change is 0gp and -1#.
2. Added one additional language of Gnoll.
3. Made skill changes as suggested & added encumbrance chart just above equipment list.
4. So glad to actually see another DM that takes gold into account. Hopefully she'll spend most of that before she gets too far.[/sblock]

Gray Shade

First Post
Everyone looks good! If I notice anything later, I'll point it out, but I don't see anything else now, so we'll go ahead and get started.

The trouble at White Mountain begins . . . here!

Thanks for understanding, Sorrow. I'll be in touch if there's an opening!

Fenris

Adventurer
Gray Shade,
Thanks for the invitation!

Now, you went with a Teutonic Woden, do you want the rest of the pantheon Teuttonic names as well or the Norse versions? Just tryign to keep the mythology straight and consistant.

Fenris

Lazlow

First Post
Hurricane Rita is indeed bearing down on us wit' a quickness as I speak (type), and no matter where it hits up or down the coast, I will without a doubt be sans electricity for a few days, so don't count on anything from me during that time. I'll post as soon as I can after the storm.

Lazlow

First Post
Howdy folks! Thankfully, we got barely a drizzle 'round my place, although the winds were of 'tropical storm' strength (enough to blow the occasional weak tree limb and old rotten fence down).

However, BOTH Mrs. Laz and Baby Laz have come down with FREAKING PNEUMONIA in the last couple of days. Apparently it's going around - we had to wait for over a dozen other pneumonia patients at the clinic to get x-rays! As for me, I'm fine, by some miracle of healthy living (Dr. Laz' Amazing Cure-All: 16oz of unsweetened organic cranberry juice a day (not from concentrate, if possible); the quinic acid in it kills EVERYTHING and keeps ya healthy!). I'll be at home playing nurse for a couple of days, but I'll try to post if I can.

Remove ads