Looking for a 6th level Ranger build!

badash56

First Post
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me build a 6th level ranger for an upcoming session. The game will be a one night only session for about 6 hours. We are playing with 6th level characters and everything is available (any race/template) as long as we aren't evil. I was told we could IGNORE level adjustments, just make the character 6th level.

Knowing the DM, this will be a tough as nails game and the more powerful the better. No the problem I have is that I don't have alot of the books, just the core. I was hoping you guys here could give me some advice. Like I said, I would like to play a ranger.

Thank you :)

mikebr99

Explorer
6th level Dwarven Ranger
Two weapon fighting
Feats: Dodge, Improved shield bash, mobility
Fights with a dwarven waraxe & light spiked shield.

YMMV

Mike

badash56

First Post
Hey thats not a bad idea. :D What template I could add to give it some more flavor? I normally wouldn't play with one but most of the players are using them, so I'd like to be on the same level. Maybe a werewolf or something? :)

mikebr99

Explorer
badash56 said:
Hey thats not a bad idea. :D What template I could add to give it some more flavor? I normally wouldn't play with one but most of the players are using them, so I'd like to be on the same level. Maybe a werewolf or something? :)
How about Half-Celestial? or Half-Dragon??

Mike

ElvishBard

First Post
System Reference Document (It's free, and has most of the core D&D rules, and it's legal to have), or the Monster Manual if I am not mistaken. Good luck with the one shot :) .

jeffhartsell

First Post
badash56 said:
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me build a 6th level ranger for an upcoming session. The game will be a one night only session for about 6 hours. We are playing with 6th level characters and everything is available (any race/template) as long as we aren't evil. I was told we could IGNORE level adjustments, just make the character 6th level.

Knowing the DM, this will be a tough as nails game and the more powerful the better. No the problem I have is that I don't have alot of the books, just the core. I was hoping you guys here could give me some advice. Like I said, I would like to play a ranger.

Thank you :)

Ignore level adjustment?! Uh... 6th level ranger half-celestial cloud giant. But you are effectively a 27th-level character so be ready for people to whine if they don't play something non-traditional.

To make it easier on yourself, play a hill giant. The SRD has rules on how to modify your character to account for the 12 levels of hill giant (or a stone giant).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases