Cave of the spiders - Newbie PbP GM

JimAde

First Post
Erethinol focuses his will and again magical force leaps from his wand and slams into the remaining spider. The arachnid's body is blasted to pieces and it lies still on the ground.
[sblock]UMD roll 10+11=21 success! Damage 3+2+4=9. The poor critter only had 1 HP left! It's dead.[/sblock]
As Girble runs up, the rest scan the forest for more attackers, but all is quiet. After a moment, Lucas frees himself from the sticky webbing using his dagger and Sirius finishes freeing the man they were helping. He says weakly, "Thank you my friends. I thought that was the end." He coughs and retches a bit, obviously still suffering from the poison of the spiders. He rises with help, though, and seems able to walk.

"They've taken him!" he says with sudden alarm as he realizes he is safe himself. "My boss! I remember now. They killed the others, but they took him alive. I heard him yelling!"

D20Dazza

Explorer
"Who took him and where?" the slim elf woman says "how long ago was the abduction?" she continues.

OOC: Was it the short haircut Jim??;) Two charges removed from wand in RG.

JimAde

First Post
D20Dazza said:
"Who took him and where?" the slim elf woman says "how long ago was the abduction?" she continues.
He shakes his head uncertainly. "It was more of those things that you fought. The spiders and the other things. I didn't see where they went because I was bound, but it sounded like they went that way." He gestures vaguely to the East, where the towering ramparts of the Slayworth mountains loom close. "The things can talk. One of them said something like 'Master told us bring the short one alive' or something." He sits on a downed tree trunk and mutters, "I don't know how long ago it was. It seems like I was lying there forever, but it was probably less than an hour."

D20Dazza said:
OOC: Was it the short haircut Jim??;)
No it was the line on the character sheet that says
D20Dazza's Character sheet said:
Sex: Male
:D

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ery Elf Rogue

"Will you be alright by yourself?" Ery enquires of the man as she looks the way he has indicated "We don't have time to dally if we are to save your boss. I have but two more quick questions, did these creatures say naught else and what can you tell us of your boss?" she says as she fidgets with the wand she still holds clapsed tightly in her right hand.

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
D20Dazza said:
"Will you be alright by yourself?" Ery enquires of Lucas as she looks the way he has indicated "We don't have time to dally if we are to save your boss. I have but two more quick questions, did these creatures say naught else and what can you tell us of your boss?" she says as she fidgets with the wand she still holds clapsed tightly in her right hand.
The man nods wearily. "Highdale proper is a mile or two away, but I remember an orchard and house a lot closer than that. I'm sure they'll let me rest there until I get my legs under me. And they can send someone into Highdale with the news." After a pause for a pull from his waterskin he continues, "My boss is a dwarf named Tappakaupias. Red hair, middle aged. He's a merchant, but quite a scrapper." He looks at Ery imploringly. "He's a good guy," he says simply. "Do you think you can help him?"

Ranger Rick

First Post
Donnybrook Narion FTR/RGR

"I will see if I can locate their tracks. If he is a scrapper, he may make it easy for me."

OOC survival/spot +14

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Having finally caught his breath, Girble wheezes. "Sorry I got behind, guys. Phew, I'm glad everyone's okay for now, though." Girble looks over the man to make sure he's okay. "What's your name? You're lucky to have lasted, looks like. This Tapp fellow has red hair and is middle aged? Hopefully that's enough information to find him. He looks at his companions, "Does that mean we're running again?"

Heal +10

Edit to change the number.

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Clutching his side where the Ettercap bit him, "I think we'd best make haste before these creatures dispose of this Dwarf. Friend Girble I don't suppose you have a healing spell handy to fix this monor wound of mine"

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"... Ah, that doesn't look good, Lucas." Girble takes a look at the wound to assess how bad it is and places his hand over the wound to try to help it out.

Heal +10, again--how much do you want, LR?

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
"... Ah, that doesn't look good, Lucas." Girble takes a look at the wound to assess how bad it is and places his hand over the wound to try to help it out.

Heal +10, again--how much do you want, LR?
OOC: Lucas has lost 5 HP's, so any little bit will help.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases