Cave of the spiders - Newbie PbP GM

JimAde

First Post
Lucas again focuses his attention on his magical sensor, turning it all around within the cave. He sees daylight coming in from the entrance, of course, but now notices that the light is oddly filtered, as if something might be veiling the narrow part of the tunnel where the floor rises toward the ceiling.

The sensor passes further East, deeper into the cave complex. After a fairly short narrow space, the corridor becomes slightly wider, forming a more or less round chamber perhaps 30 feet in diameter. In the middle of the floor is a gaping sinkhole some 15 feet wide.

Beyond this, a precipitous slope of smooth, damp stone plunges down to a thin lip of rock, beyond which yawns a black abyss. The sensor passes over the wide opening and peers down. Lucas sees a natural vertical shaft about 20 feet wide and extending down at least 60 feet (the limit of his vision). But some 50 feet down is a wooden platform and bridge that seem to lead to a side passage.

On the far side of the drop stands a rickety wooden platform cluttered with bales and barrels. Over this upper platform stands some kind of wooden fortification supported by wooden stilts. Ladders lead from the main platform up to the overhead fortification and also down to the lower platform.

Everyone is now definitely caught up and I assume Lucas relates all this information to you.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Opening his eyes Lucas relates what he has seen "I believe we should tread carefully where the tunnel narrows towards the ceiling, we know that this group have giant spiders on their team, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a thin web there, which would mean that there are spiders near by."

Looking around his friends"In regards to travelling without light, I too believe that this would be a good idea, while I know we have lost the element of surprise, there's no point in warning our enemies of our approach."

"Anyway let me continue my search, I might be able to find where the priosoners are held"

Closing his eyes again Lucas sends the magical sensor down the sinkhole.

JimAde

First Post
Erethinol breaks her silence to observe, "Traveling in the dark may be all well and good for dwarves and wizards, but some of us actually need light to see by."

She smiles. "Fortunately, some of us also come prepared." She pulls two small vials from her pack, handing one to Grimble and unstoppering the other herself. She tosses off the murky liquid quickly and her eyes are briefly swathed in a red glow.

I assume this is what D20Dazza brought the potions of Darkvision for...

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Girble raises a hand to mention--but it is too late. "Well, I suppose I'll save my Light spell for later, then? Some time when we're trying to be less stealthy?"

Ranger Rick

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Girble raises a hand to mention--but it is too late. "Well, I suppose I'll save my Light spell for later, then? Some time when we're trying to be less stealthy?"

Donnybrook puts a dwarven hand on Girble's shoulder, "Smart thinking laddie. Maybe when we get into a fight, than you can light up the night."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Ranger Rick said:
Donnybrook puts a dwarven hand on Girble's shoulder, "Smart thinking laddie. Maybe when we get into a fight, than you can light up the night."
Girble shrugs and takes a gulp from the vial in his other hand, "Oh, it shouldn't be an issue if we have these potions. We can save that idea for later, I suppose."

Ferrix

Explorer
"Ah, the darkness reminds me of home, minus the eight-legged freaks and sorcerous goblins," Sirius cracks as he hefts his shield and heads in, axe held back and ready to strike forwards.

Ranger Rick

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Girble shrugs and takes a gulp from the vial in his other hand, "Oh, it shouldn't be an issue if we have these potions. We can save that idea for later, I suppose."

"Drow do not like light. I have noticed that as I research all about them. If we fight them, than cast your light and that will help us defeat them."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases