RECRUITING - Weapons of the Gods: Bei Clan Tournament

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm wondering if there's any interest in a Weapons of the Gods PbP game. If there's enough interest, I might run one (Or play if someone else is realy interested in running one).

This would be a game using the Weapons of the Gods system, not one emulating the comics specificly (Not having ever read the comics myself)

It's a early chinesse Kung Fu/Wuxia martial arts system by EOS Press. The book is coming back from the printers, but the PDF or at least parts of it have been available for a while, and I have the Gen Con edition (Full PDF, book coming in the mail.)

There are Warriors, Scholars, and Courtiers, and while all use martial arts, Scholars and Courtiers get additional techniques beyond the warriors (Magical or social, depending). However, if you want to shoot fire from your blade, chill people that you hit, etc, those are Warrior techniques.

RPG Now has the Book of Wood, which is character generation and much of the basic martial arts. Or you can purchase the PDF and book from EOS press (they still have the buy the book, get the PDF free deal going, check the forums). The EOS Site also has several usefull downloads.

Caracter Creation: Standard starting (50 Destiny, 15 Attributes, 30 Skills). You can use the Character Generator, do it yourself, or have me help/create a character.

Game Style: I'm probably going more for B-Movie Hong Kong action film style, particularly because not only is my knowledge of the era limited, but so is my knowledge of the game. I'll make it a bit tongue in cheek, though serious enough to give it some fun appeal, and we'll all have fun. And any game mechanic error will be called "Editing Mistakes" ;)

Campaign Goal: Mostly to have fun and experiment with the game mechanics a bit, which will make for an interesting PbP. (See Editing Mistakes comment)

Campaign Starting Point: The Bei clan is having their anual tournament. While it is an open tournament, there are 2 levels. Previous competitors, and Newcomers. You all, having never entered before, are hoping to win the prestigious newcomer tourny, and win fame, honor, and perhaps a chance to learn with the Bei clan.

Current Players: (Recruiting 2 more)
Tongues
LogicsFate

Usefull Links:
EOS Press
Quick Reference Sheet
Kung Fu Styles Quick Reference

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
It's a early chinesse Kung Fu/Wuxia martial arts system by EOS Press. The book is coming back from the printers, but the PDF or at least parts of it have been available for a while, and I have the Gen Con edition (Full PDF, book coming in the mail.)

There are Warriors, Scholars, and Courtiers, and while all use martial arts, Scholars and Courtiers get additional techniques beyond the warriors (Magical or social, depending). However, if you want to shoot fire from your blade, chill people that you hit, etc, those are Warrior techniques.

Bront

The man with the probe
RPG Now has the Book of Wood, which is character generation and much of the basic martial arts. Or you can purchase the PDF and book from EOS press (they still have the buy the book, get the PDF free deal going, check the forums).

Or, you can tell me sorta what you want to do and I can build a character.

LogicsFate

First Post
hmmm. I'd have to put some thought in it...

A Courtier would be my first choice

Out of curiosity, are the warrior techiniques mostly elemental based (earth, fire, wind, water, ect.)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I've downloaded the free stuff from the EOS site and it looks like an interesting system.

Anyway would it be possible to play one of the Dirty Ting brothers (in the Antagonist PDF in the Newspormo download)

Bront

The man with the probe
It uses the Chinese elements of Wood (Might, Cage Chi), Fire (Speed, Crimson Chi), Earth (Presence, Gold Chi), Metal (Genius, White Chi), and Water (Wu Wei, Silver Chi).

Everyone has access to the common Kung Fu techniques. And even the uncommon ones, some are more elemental (heat, cold, etc), some are quick, some are strong, some are deadly, and some of the more advanced ones are a combination there of. Courtier techniques can adjust people's emotions, motivations, and such. I am more familiar with the warrior techniques than the courtier techniques, as I am still learning the game myself.

Tonguez, having not read the promo, I don't see why not. I won't be emulating the comic books per say though. Honestly, I'm probably going to run a slightly more tongue in cheek game in a hong kong action movie style, but character ideas are welcome.

EDIT: I'll make sure they're 50 destiny point characters, but I don't see why you couldn't use one of those (Or if they're all stated up, I don't see why we can't use them all, but I'm hoping to be flexable).

Last edited:

Remove ads