RECRUITING - Weapons of the Gods: Bei Clan Tournament

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The Tings are only 20 Destiny (they are presented as low level thugs)
the promo also features a 80 destiny Courtier and a 70 Destiny Scholar

However EOS also has a character generator-woohoo!!!

I take it we have 50 Destiny Attributes 15 and Skills 30

the difficulty is knowing what each Advantage/Disad and Kung Fu style can do

for instance what is meant by Brutal/Artful

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
CHU PA CHIEH
RANK/ARCHETYPE: Fourth Rank Warrior
ORIGIN: Thug
PASSION: Obsession - Chu Pa-Chieh is a hedonist who lives to satisfy his base urges in the most sensational, indulgent and creative manner possible, to find the ultimate experience that makes all of life worthwhile
REGION:

ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
(Note: All Skills have +1 die to their rating unless otherwise noted.)

MIGHT [JADE CHI] 5
Athletics 1
Fight 4
Hardiness 2
Lift 3

SPEED [CRIMSON CHI] 2
Initiative 1
Dodge 3
Melee 4

PRESENCE [GOLD CHI] 4
Confidence 2
Grace 2
Perform 2
Persuade 2

GENIUS [WHITE CHI] 2
Tactics 1

WU WEI [SILVER CHI] 4
Awareness 2
Senses 2
Stealth 2

ADVANTAGES Iron Fist, Robust
KUNG FU STYLES - Lightfoot 2 (Any chi: Sure foot, Run Like a Deer) Fist Of Iron 2 (Uncommon Jade Chi: Living Weapon, Body of Iron), Thunder Hammer 3(Common Jade Chi: Thunder Strike, Rain of Blows, Clap of Thunder)

BACKGROUNDS
As Chu Pa-Chieh tells it he was once the commander of a legion of elite warriors who protected the 'western border' until they were overrun by 'demons' and by sheer grit he was left as the only survivor. Chu Pa Chieh retired then and became a wanderer learning more about his combat arts and in particular the Iron Fists of the Bei Brotherhood.

The more likely story is that Chu Pa-Chieh was a minor official in the army but was dishonourably discharged due to his drunkeness and womanizing. Chu Pa-Chieh is a hedonist obsessed with finding the ultimate experience to satisfy his base urges. He has lived as a thug and con-man using his performance skills to bluff his way through.

Of course in a pinch he can also call on his awesome strength, his skills of kung fu and his mighty melon hammer to get him out alive...

DISADVANTAGES
Unwholesome

EQUIPMENT - Melon Hammer, Bite, Medium Armor, Punch Or Kick

TREASURES -

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Brutal, Artful, Ranged are weapon types.

Your passion is what drives you as a person. If you're driven in life by gluttony, that's pretty said.

Example with my own character, Daring Pengu

Passion: Obsession - To increase awareness of his greatness though deeds and training

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Sad I know but true:) and its gluttony at its broadest meaning. Chu Pa-Chieh is a hedonist who lives to satisfy his base urges in the most sensational, indulgent and creative manner possible, to find the ultimate experience that makes all of life worthwhile

Bront

The man with the probe
So, just as he would partake in the best wines, he's also a thrill seeker to find the ultimate experience?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Bront said:
So, just as he would partake in the best wines, he's also a thrill seeker to find the ultimate experience?

He (over) indulges in good wine, rich food, exotic women and thrilling experience. He'll try anything just for the chance to discover what it 'feels' like

LogicsFate

First Post
:D How does this look?

1st character attempt(sblocked to avoid confusion
[sblock]RANK/ARCHETYPE: Fourth Rank Warrior
ORIGIN: Peasant
PASSION: Anger- Anger directed at himself and those who took his family away
REGION: The Jin Empire (Nan)

ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
(Note: All Skills have +1 die to their rating unless otherwise noted.)

MIGHT [JADE CHI] 5
Athletics 3
Fight 3
Hardiness 3
Lift 4 [Oxes Strengh 5]

SPEED [CRIMSON CHI] 4
Initiative 1
Dodge 1
Finesse 1
Melee 3
Ride 2

PRESENCE [GOLD CHI] 2
Confidence 4

GENIUS [WHITE CHI] 2
Crafting 2

WU WEI [SILVER CHI] 2
Awareness 2
Senses 1

ADVANTAGES
KUNG FU STYLES - Lightfoot 3 (Common Any Chi: Surefoot, Run Like a Deer, Headlong Flying Leap), Eagle Claw 2 (Common Crimson Chi: Quick Rip, Flashing Talons), Cloud Mastery 1 (Common Jade Chi: Phantom of the Clouds), Five Sacred Elements 3 (Uncommon Any Chi: Fire in the Eye, Rooted like the Mountain, Vines in the Woods)

BACKGROUNDS - Weapon Training, Fast, Special Mount, Common Sense, Healthy as an Ox

DISADVANTAGES
Chronically Unlucky

EQUIPMENT - Light Armor, Punch Or Kick, Three-Section Staff

TREASURES - None

Brief Backround
Keito years on a farm and depite his responsibilities as soon as he was able he struck out on his own. He was going to be rich, he was going to find adventure, and women and he name would become known throughout the empire. He failed and after several years on his own he returned to the farm, with nothing more than what he left with. He arrived to find everything changed and everyone gone.

While he was gone his father had become ill, and without an able bodied person to work the land, the entire family fell quicky into debt with a petty lord. When he came to collect he took the last things they owned, their land and their freedom, "allowing" them to work off their debt by putting them to work in a manner only befitting slaves.

Keito has vowed to free his family and recover their land, either by buying them back or by taking them by force[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
I'd suggest pulling it out of the background, but I don't see a problem. Obviously, I'll have to explain the Martial arts.

The easy one, is light foot. Lets you move fast. Level 3 is Crouching Camraman Hidden Wires type of flying, including the ability to hang in mid air. Level 1 lets you move extra as a free action, level 2 I believe lets you bounce around quickly, but not quite fly.

FYI, to use a technique, you must use your chi. Some require specific chi, and some can use any (like Lightfoot). You have as many Chi of a specific type based on your attribute (So 5 Might gives you 5 Jade chi). Each technique uses 1 chi per the technique level. So the level 3 Lightfoot technique requires the use of any 3 color chi per round. You regenerate Chi at a rate of 1 of each color per round of combat/segment of action.

I'm looking into what I can and can't post about techniques.

Remove ads