Looking for some info on 'the Ghoul King'

Pants

First Post
Namely, the Ghoul King that appears in the BoVD writeup of Orcus and in Libris Mortis as 'Doresain.'

Any references to previous edition material is greatly needed. Thanks.

rogueattorney

Adventurer
The only thing I can think of is a very short reference in the 1e MM's entry for Yeenoghu, that mentioned that the king of the ghouls gave Yeenoghu fealty.

R.A.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Pants said:
Namely, the Ghoul King that appears in the BoVD writeup of Orcus and in Libris Mortis as 'Doresain.'

Any references to previous edition material is greatly needed. Thanks.

The King of the Ghouls, Doresain, is the King of the White Kingdom. He's only appeared in three products to date.

The most recent appearance is as a newly-ascended demigod in Libris Mortis. Prior to that, he was a vassal of Yeenoghu (and Orcus before that) in the Book of Vile Darkness.

Doresain's original appearance, however, is in Dungeon #70 (2E), in the adventure "Kingdom of the Ghouls."

Faraer

Explorer
Gary Gygax (who conceived the Ghoul King in the first place) and John Creffield's version of the Ghoul King is described in The Slayer's Guide to Undead.

Laman Stahros

First Post
Has anyone thought to combine the Ghoul King with Mordiggian (of CoC)? I'm thinking of this and I was wondering if anyone had thought of this.

grodog

Hero
Sure, you can definitely cross-over HPL's ghouls with the D&D ghouls, in particular if you go for the concept from "Pickman's Model" vs. the slightly-more-idealized ghouls from the Dreamlands. CAS' ghouls would be another good inspiration, as well :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases