[OOC Thread]Blackout - D20 Horror

ShrooMofDooM

First Post
Mm. . .the smell of a new homebrew campaign. Let me start this little casting call by saying that this will be my first time GMing (or even playing, for that matter) a pbp game.

With that said and out of the way, on to the game description. It'll be a heavy-RP horror game with plenty of mystery and suspense to go around, and lots of blood and gore, as well (that's always a good thing). The characters I'm looking for can range from hapless college student to rich and snobby business man, and the maximum allowed will be 5. I'd like for the players to be able to post daily, but every other day will also suffice.

As for the story itself, I won't say much. Actually, I won't say anything. Any type of description or outline will pretty much give away the details intended to be the whole "mystery and suspense" part. I'll just say that it takes place in your average New York apartment building and, as always with these kinds of games, things go awry.

So. . .sign up!

Last edited:

ShrooMofDooM

First Post
The game starts at 1st level, and you'll use the traditional roll-for-your-stats method. Be sure to give me some background and personal info on the character, too. Doesn't have to be too deep, just. . .enough. Oh, and for the game itself, I reckon we could use invisible castle's dice program just so everyone can see each others rolls, unless anyone is opposed to that.

Krug

Newshound
[sblock]
Stats for Chen Zhu, using the Grid method.

Probably will be a Smart Hero,though he could be an ordinary as well.

A Chinese student studying at NYU, 18 years old, who delivers take out from The Dragon Pavillon restaurant to earn his keep. On the run from authorities due to questions regarding his legal status, as well as the Triads, for not paying his dues after being 'transfered' over from Guangzhou. Dreams of getting a green card and staying here legitly, as well as getting a degree. Reality TV show addict who wonders why the lives of those folks on tv are so much more glamorous and wonderful than his. His english is still accented and halting.
[/sblock]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Laera Silverhand was born and raised in Flagstaff, Arizona. She spent her youth working various jobs around her neighborhood and continued to do so whle in middle and high school. Through her work she saved up a bit of a nest egg and it has helped her get into college. Laera spent 4 years in between high school and college living on the Indian reservations (Hopi & Navajo) learning their history, languages and culture and absorbed what she learned. While there she learned the basics of how to handle and ride horses as well as survival skills.

She is currently immersed in her collegiate studies at Noth Arizona University and is awakening her passion for history and egyptology. In her spare time, Laera enjoys being in the outdoors just living in wide open spaces under the beautiful Arizona sky. She regularly camps out every weekend and catches up on her studies while resting. During the week she practices martial arts to keep her self fit and to hone her skill in defending herself should the need arise. When not immersed in her studies or practicing martial arts Laera enjoys honing her skill with her whip, privately known to her as Jones. She is always doing something physical when not studying.

[sblock]Laera Silverhand (female)
Smart Hero 1st Level
Student | Age: 21

Stats
STR: 17 (+3)
DEX: 15 (+2)
CON: 12 (+0)
INT: 17 (+3)
WIS: 15 (+2)
CHA: 17 (+3)

Hit Points: 6
AC: 13 (+1 DMA†, +2 Dex)

Skills:
  • *Computer Use: +8 (4 Ranks, +3 Int, +1 Occupation)
    Craft (Structural) +7 (4 Ranks, +3 Int)
    Craft (Writing) (4 Ranks, +3 Int)
    Diplomacy +5 (2 ranks, +3 Cha)
    Handle Animal +4 (1 rank, +3 Cha)
    *Knowledge (History) +8 (4 Ranks, +3 Int, +1 Occupation)
    Knowledge (Physical Sciences) +7 (4 Ranks, +3 Int)
    *Research +8 (4 Ranks, +3 Int, +1 Occupation)
    Ride +3 (1 rank, +2 Dex)
    Search: +7 (4 Ranks, +3 Int)
    Survival +3 (1 rank, +2 Wis)
    Swim +4 (1 rank, +3 Str)
*These skills gain a +1 due to the Student Starting Occupation

Languages (also Read & Write):
  • English
    Middle Egyptian
    Navajo
    Hopi
    Spanish

Feats: Defensive Martial Arts†, Wealth

Wealth

Equipment: (+7, +3 Wealth, +1 Occupation)
Casual Clothes
  • Backpack [3 lb] (Carrying 29 lbs, Max. 60 lbs.)
    • Bolt Cutter [5 lb]
      Chemical Light Stick (10) [2 lb]
      Parka [3 lb]
      Rope (150 ft.) [12 lb]
      Sleeping Bag [4 lb]
      Tap Detector [1 lb]
      Trail Rations (24) [2 lb]
    Mesh Vest [7 lb] (Carrying 12.5 lbs., Max. 40 lbs)
    • Binoculars, Standard [2 lb]
      Cell Phone
      Compass [.5 lb]
      Disposable Camera x2 [1 lb]
      Map, Road Atlas [1 lb]
      Steel Handcuffs [1 lb]

Total Weight of Gear: 51.5 lbs.
Load: Light

Weapons:
Code:
Taser    Range: 5ft.    Atk: +2     Dmg: d4
Whip     Range: 15 ft.  Atk: +2     Dmg: d2+3     Crit: 20