Shards of Memory- Prologue: Fractured Union Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
"Just pick one that is empty and leave your things in there so that other pilgrims will not do the same," the elder suggests.

*After breakfast and devotions, Yuriko spots Master Senyuki walking past in the hallway.*
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“Well those tomes aren’t exactly mine my love, but hopefully you’re right and I can find some interesting ones of my own.”

*Zaeryn replies, looking lovingly at Valyssa, before responding warmly to Alyria:*

“No, sadly I don’t know comprehend languages, but if you want anything blasted, erased, held closed, opened, or shattered I’m your man,” Zaeryn says laughing, “I do however know Byblan, Draconic, Eldish, High Praetorian, and Larakese apart from our own tongue, so anything in those languages would be fine...hopefully I’ll learn a few more languages on our travels.”

OOC: How strict are you on learning new languages? I’d expect I’d need to encounter it, but for how long?[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Martial Artist

Rystil:[SBLOCK]
Elder said:
"Just pick one that is empty and leave your things in there so that other pilgrims will not do the same," the elder suggests.
"It will be as you say, Elder-sama," Yuriko replied, bowing.

*Yuriko left the Elder and put her things in an empty room, somewhat away from the others, but close to an exit.*

Upon seeing Master Senyuki, Yuriko approached, bowing, "Master Senyuki-sama, few moments of your time, if I am not interrupting."

Yuriko paused allowing Master Senyuki to decide the time and place to discuss some things. "Master Senyuki-sama, during my discussions with an elder-sama this morning, the elder suggested that perhaps the name of the kyuuketsuki would be of note for you. The traveling monk who put the false sutras on the Sei home, then later attacked through them as a kyuuketsuki, was called Onigumo Shao."[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"I'm sure you will."

"Well, I do have the Byblan grimoire, as well as some scrolls from Lara Kai and a Praetorian treatise or two. And there's always plenty of things written in Eldish. Nothing in Draconic, though--dragons tend to just memorise their knowledge or else carve it in the rock, what with the way their claws work."
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
*Master Senyuki nods and motions for Yuriko to follow the priestess to her room.*

*When she hears Yuriko's comment, she stares off into the distance.*

"Onigumo Shao...Yes, I know that man. I...I thought I killed him."
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“Oh I’m sure there are dragons somewhere, posing as humanoids, that write draconic in books...hmm, if you don’t mind I’d like to take a look at that Byblan grimore...it sounds very interesting.”[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"No doubt, but I've yet to find any that had books for sale,"Alyria calls out as she ducks behind a shelf and comes back with a thick and ancient-looking tome, covered with mystic runes and inset with a large sapphire on the spine, [color]blue]"Here it is."[/color]
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]Examining the tome, but not yet opening it, Zaeryn asks, “Was this tome protected by magic when you found it?”[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Yes it was--there was both a serpent ward that paralyses the victim and an illusion that obscured the writing--but not anymore."
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“Good to know if I ever find one myself...I imagine this tome will keep me occupied for a little while,” Zaeryn replies, grinning as he carefully opens the tome and begins to read...

*Zaeryn, still standing, reads for several minutes before he looks up to see what everyone else is doing...checking to see they aren’t all just standing around waiting on him.*[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads