Core Elements Revised - Horror on the High Seas (Modern)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Had the inspiration for a hooror game on the High Seas after watching Ghost Ship for the umpteenth time.

This will be my first time GMing a pbp game, so please feel free to make any comments on how you feel the game can be improved.

Anyway, heres the kick: the characters (I'll need 6 PCs) are newlyweds on their honeymoon cruise (I'd to see to characters that are married to each other). Anything goes character wise, however I'm not planning on using any magic in the game. There will be plenty of action and suspense. I'd like for the people involved to post at least every other day.

Characters are to start at level 2. The system will be Core Elements Revised. You can determine your Stats at Invisible Castle using the Grid Method. Feel free to take any feats that are in the Modern Player's Companion, Volumes 1 & 2.

So there you have it. Any takers?

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
I'm interested.

Modern times, I assume?
How much backround would you like?
Are players going to split off in pairs to make their characters?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Yup, most defintely modern. Feel free to include as much background as you like. As per the last question, I would like to have two players collborate on ideas for a married couple. Other than that, everything else is a go.

One last thing, all character are to start with maximum allowable hit points.

Spell

First Post
interested

i am interested. i was looking for an opportunity to try pbf games, and i happen to have some spare time. :p

so, what happens? do i have to post the whole character, or just the background information and the character idea, and then you work out the statistics for yourself?

and:
are we free to create characters of any nationality, or do we have to be from somewhere specific? what about their professions and social class? what exactly is the era (or the year!) of play?

does it matter if i'm not very expert with the d20 modern rules? i would really like to play, but i don't want to read the whole SRD :p. on the other hand, having a go to that pdf you linked in the first post wouldn't be a problem. :)
in particular, do we have to choose class, feats, and skills, or would just skill do the job?
i think all i really want to say is: how detailed (and close to the d20 modern game) you want the character sheet to be?

logicsfate, have you already created your character? should we try and collaborate to create them? do you want to be the husband or the wife?
i'd prefer to be the husband... :p

Last edited:

Spell

First Post
ok, i'll jump the gun. this is my character concept. i can (and probably will) add more details later, when Frukathka will have answered my questions.

i assume the game is set in 2005. I am keeping the ideas quite generic, though, so that i can change them later, should the campaign being set in other eras.

my character is called Robert White.

He was born in Liverpool, UK in 1974. His father Timothy was a mathematician and his mother Laura was a school teacher. He had one brother, James. After the death of James in a car accident in 1986, he and his family decided to move to Boston, MA. He graduated with honours from Harvard in 1996.

He is a naval engineer at the moment, and a brilliant one, for that matter. He is one of the most successful and well paid engineers of the state, with a promising career on the horizon.

Robert is not happy, though. He never wanted to become an engineer. He was forced to take that path by his father, who despised his "foolish" ideas of becoming a painter. Being the only son left alive, he felt obliged to give in and forget about his desires.

That was to become a usual pattern in Robert's life. He gave up his painting out of desperation, as he felt that treating that as a mere hobby would have been a waste of time. He doesn't like his job and doesn't care for all the money or the laurels he gets. He doesn't even care too much about his wife, who he married only for his family pressures to "settle down". He doesn't have any real, close friend, apart from a Paul Tynner, in UK, with which he exchange regular mails.

Unbeknownst by all (it's easy to pretend not to see), Robert is developing an alcohol addiction.

that's it for the moment. sorry if some expressions sound dodgy or byzantine... i'm not a mothertongue! :p

LogicsFate

First Post
Hmm, I didn't have anything worked out yet, so quick question, wow much does he make in a year

I'm not about to go marry some chump for only 50k :p

More seriously though, I could work up someone to be unhappily married too, what would he look for in a women, other than avalibility?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases