Taken

T

the cold one

Another piece of parchement appears.

it reads:

Tarran: you would put your life on the line for those you do not even know? You are either brave, or a fool. I would bet on the fool. Remove your name. I have no wish to kill you. There are so many others more worthy of a death at my hands. REmove your name and live a few more days

Malek

G

Graydorf Griffin

The cheerful sound of whistling comes from the man reading over the pages on the boards with a mug of rum in his hand, a name catches his eyeand he blinks reading closer

Rhane?.. bloody hell

when did, the poor lass,... that's it I'm gettin the...

His words cut short only when he reads further...

List huh?.. Lessee.. hmm, not likin this one bit looks like it's full too, probably not even friends to these folk just suicidal gits

I gotta try though, For the sake of the girl.. these lot gonna need me

He conjures a quill and etches his name below the list, under a word he writes himself labelled " RESERVES" .... further scribbled below is well written a small note ..... " Jea.. if I dont make this crew, I'd ask that you see me before you left, I'd like to see Rhane back safe and sound as much as many, you will bring her back for us right?"

T

the cold one

A new note appears.

13 rescuers, all banding together. Some good, some evil, some neutral, and some...well, the jury is still out on Ari. 12 with some stake, one who knows nothing of who he walks with, who he ventures out to rescue, or who he will face. This should be fun.

A message will follow, with instructions where to meet. come prepared. I await.

Malek

L

Lord Tarran

The great wolf looks over the note, and laughs heartily.

This poor lich won't know what hit him. Veran are very special.

He smiles wickedly, thinking of this new threat.

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

The cloaked elf returns to stand by the boards for a brief moment and reads over the newly placed notes carefully. A slight smile crosses his face as he reads the names of those going forth and thinks to himself.

. o O ( ~closed to all means of detection~ Interesting list, and from what I've heard, quite a range of talents among those going forth, and a range of moralities as well. This should be an adventure to remember.... )

The elf withdraws a second small piece of grey parchment and writes out a second note in the same blue green ink as before, then tacks it up on the board.

I believe I speak for all upon the list when I state that we eagerly await the note of the time and place as well.
Malek, though you have taken individuals of varrying morals and ethics, you still challenge the Balance among those aspects of thought. I fully intend to see the Balance maintained and restored, for I cannot abide such actions.

~ Tharivious Meliamne

He steps back from the boards and walks off into the marketplace, an expression weighted by thought upon his face.

Irilym

First Post
So it begins...

Slipping by, the darkly cloaked and clothed woman browses the names, tracing a finger over them. A few choice words incanted over a piece of blank parchment creates the names as a list which she tacks up below an icy crystal with the following instructions:

We meet. Those who have signed will be allowed access. Simply touch the crystal above and speak your name. Those whom the words of the ancients match to the signers will find me on the other side. I warn you...do not attempt to follow me if you did not sign. The penalty lies not on your lives, but on those you would attempt to rescue...

Thirteen have signed...thirteen will be allowed passage. After that, your gateway crumbles. Hasten your steps. The ice lich isn't as patient as I...

Once tacked up she touches the crystal, muttering another phrase in a rough and primal tongue, then she seems to vanish within the crystal, which remains tacked up, holding the list below it..
1.Gellaenan
2.Bhryn'ovyl Astairre Trueblade'Iriden
3.Armin Gedrin
4.Rym'dael Zy'lkyr
5.Lilyanna
6.Ceres Ursidae
7.~ Tharivious Meliamne
8.Jeajea Veanson, Servant of Tymora
9.Jaerc Morningstar , Noble of Evermeet
10.Ari
11.Dante Trueblade
12.Kirion Violatta
13.Tarran of the Wolfsong Grove

((To translate, those who have signed up, touch the crystal and speak the name you signed. The crystal teleports you here. See you all there!))

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

The cloaked elf returns on his way back from the marketplace and his eye is caught by the crystal. He pauses and reads it over, nodding slightly. He closes his eyes and mutters something in a shadowed language, most likely a command word, as his hand falls to the black hilted longsword beside him. The bloodstone glows brightly for a brief moment, then fades.

. o O ( ~closed to all means of detection~ This is sooner than expected.... At least now Morgana will know where I am. No point in rushing to get to the destination however, it would be much wiser to wait for the others to arrive.... )

The elf moves to a nearby tree and leans against it as he prepares to wait for more people on the list to arrive. He makes certain that a set of four pouches at his side are securely closed and makes sure that they have sufficient padding, then rests his hands on the hilts of the two longswords as he settles in for the wait.

A

Armin-Gedrin

The dwarf walks up and reads the posts. with a growl he slams his hand down on the crystal.

"I be Armin Gedrin"

And, like Irilym, he vanishes.

Remove ads