A Visitor Last Night

jeff37923

First Post
*A lone, unkempt man with a cat walking beside him places a sheet of parchment on a thorn. He looks down on the black-furred form and amusedly says, "You know, this is the second time I have come here. Should I keep this up, the readers of my words may think that I am daft. You do not think so, do you Sebastian?" The cat responds with a smile in its meow as the pair walk away into the night.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew that she had come because her presence was announced with silken agony below my lower left rib. The pain making me flinch and catch my breath. Her hand trailed along my stomach there with a light feathery touch of fingertips.

"Hello", she whispered. "I decided to visit you today."

"I don't have time for visitors like you, right now. Come back again another time please."

"But all I want is to give you a kiss", she smiled playfully at me. Her dark eyes laughing beneath disarrayed hair that would make a raven jealous with its glossy highlights. Tall and slim, she stood there, terrifying in her timeless beauty and serenity. Just by being in the room, she projected a peaceful stillness on everything.

"Someday, perhaps. But not today, please. There are some tasks
I still need to accomplish before I go to sleep."

"We could sleep together", she said. Her tongue delicately peeking out from parted lips, eyes upon me.

"As inviting as that is, no. Maybe the day after tomorrow."

"Clever. Since tomorrow never comes, the day after is one that
will exist only in fantasy." She spun around, holding hands on hips, to flare out her skirt as she danced to unheard music.

"The day after tomorrow will come eventually," I looked up from my papers. "But it will not come today."

"There are people waiting for you. All you have to do is come with me to see them again. She will be there, the one you last saw when you were twenty. She misses you."

I clenched my eyes tight. "There are those who would miss me here. They do not need me, but I would like to stay here for them anyways just in case they ever do.

"Tell her I miss her as well, she will understand. Now please leave me to my own work. There is much that I want to do."

"There are others who would accept a kiss from me greatfully, I will leave you be and go visit one of them. Just remember that I am a part of now. We have an appointment to keep, you and I."

"I know. I will be there with you when the time is right. We can embrace then, but not now. I have too much to do."

"I'll be here when you call for me," she purred and vanished, leaving me with another short agonizing breath that brought tears.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases