BG and his menu

Is there any chance to have Bargolem tinkered with a bit? I've noticed his menu has been the same for some time and I've thought up a couple of things he could perhaps be improved on?

I'm not sure how hard it is to tinker with him mind you, maybe it's a long process, and if thats the case just tell me to shush.But I know a few people who'd love to have some new things added to the menu!:)

My thought on this.

1.Breakfast type foods (Eggs, sausages, flap jacks?)
2. When ordering brandy have BG emote "Bargolem: offers a snifter of brandy to said character"
3. Whiskey could be "Offers a shot of whiskey to said character"
4. Cake! We've got to have cake!

I'd love to see a emote for him where you could type in the # of drinks you get. Alot of the new folks seem to emote getting five ales five times..gets a wee bit scrolly. Just a thought!

Anything anyone can come up with? Or am I alone in this suggestion?
:confused:

Nevine

First Post
Or..I'd like to see the actual CRT menu offered by BarGolem. He's already got the scripting, so, it'd just take someone to take the time to flesh out his list.

F

Fenmarel

I like both of your ideas alot Ethera! It probably would be a pain in the arse to get the golem to give the drinks the way you described them Ethera but I would love to see that. The one thing I noticed right off the bat about that idea is what about the folks that are ordering their drinks in the bottle? I would definately love to have some function where you could order a certain number of drinks, though when doing multiples of the same drink I just do it one time *shrugs* but it would be nice to have the golem give the number of drinks that you ask for. Oh the entire menu! I would hate to be the person that types all that in but that is a good idea Nevine! That way you can just go to the golem to check exactly what he has to offer. That would be very helpful to those that use Cheetachat and the other browsers like that.

I think all three ideas alot! They would be something that I would love to see implemented on site.

Jason

Nevine

First Post
LOL I dunno about typing, at this point, I'm guessing it'd be just a bunch of copy/paste. The only real script he has is !order, and he now has a "database" of items he can recognize (whereas before it was just !order whatever, alas, abusive people). It should be as easy as copying it all into what he can offer.

W

WizO_Adele

Believe it or not this was on my list. I've already written a new menu and some new commands, and am checking into a few more. If you go the archived message boards and look the new menus should be there, along with the original requests for ideas.

Better hurry, though cause I'm gonna turn these in soon to the tech guys.

R

Rhane Arturant

I used to play in this one chat room, where the bar-bot would flirt with the character when drinks were ordered. It was highly amusing.

A

Arathil

I don't personally know about the drinks... I can't recall too many classic fantasies where snifters or shots were mentioned, anybody who drank the hard stuff seemed to do it from large containers of varying sorts.

Just my personal thoughts; I don't think that would add anything except for a bit of atmosphere disruption, no offense intended (everybody's perception of 'atmosphere' can be different, of course).

Breakfast foods, now, seem to be an absolute must (minus the flapjacks?), along with some more fantasy-flavored options (I was admittedly shocked to not see 'dawnfry' on the list, although that could be 'Realms specific for all I know, and I'd like to see some Greyhawk/Oerth delicacies present).

Just my two cents, again, and mind you, they're Canadian. Not worth as much as some other individuals' cents. ;-)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases