Is this D&D?

H

Havin Shi'Llarrin

After browsing many of the forums throughout the Emporium and the Crossroads, and seeing the posts placed there, one question occurs: is this free-style RP? The notice marks it as Greyhawk, but the posts include vampires returned to human, freestyle magic, bartending golems, half-angel/half-demon crosses, and other flagrant breaches of rules (or at least common sense).

Are characters not standard 1e, 2e, 3e, or 3.5? Are there limitations on level, equipment, gold, and such forth?

I only post this because I have been very interested in finding chat based on D&D... Everywhere I find free-form instead (even if the markers say D&D). Is this simply an occasional missed by the moderators?

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

This is indeed Freeform Roleplaying. The ISRP follows the ethos of Freedom of Destiny, letting the players decide the fate of their own characters. Most players, though not all, come with some D&D background however, with varying editions determining the stats of their characters if they have any.

As for the breaches of D&D rules and common sense.... Yep, that happens here. There's no enforced limit on level or possessions, and as such, some decide to take these to extremes, but again, as freeform, that doesn't always come into play when put into use.

Sorry about it not being online D&D chats, but there are a few other options:
There's the gaming section of the chats, you might be able to find some players for a pick up game there. Also, you may be interested in the Real D&D Adventures Forum, or the other games forum here.

W

WizO_Pounamu

ISRP stands for Interactive Storyline Role Playing, and does not pretend to be D&D except in the minds of some players. The use of Greyhawk was due to there being (at the time) a wish for a setting world that players may have already known outside the ISRP websites.

Unfortunately to have a set D&D based live chat, using the restrictions and sheets, I'm pretty sure that we would require far more staffing resources to check everyone's stats and equiptment constantly or a program that could keep track once we have accepted a player's character request/sheet etc. But this seems far more than is abaliable to us, I'm sorry.

In the meanwhile, there are many D&D players playing ISRP and there is nothing preventing you from finding a storyline and players using ISRP and then continuing the adventure in the Gaming chat rooms that are set aside specifically for the structured, dice-based adventure role playing (each complete with an online dicebot) or the D&D message board forum, also on the Community boards but in the section below ISRP on the list. :)

-
pouicon.txt
Pounamu

Remove ads