The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

A question hit me while I was looking over the matter of security, and if this was covered on the old boards, then it's my mistake, but....

What will the Meeting Place combat room be like, if there will be one?

An alleyway or a parking lot would seem likely, as it would make sense that fights would be taken there. But that's just a thought.

W

WizO_Reesa

Take it outside!

Tharivious_Meliamne said:
A question hit me while I was looking over the matter of security, and if this was covered on the old boards, then it's my mistake, but....

What will the Meeting Place combat room be like, if there will be one?

An alleyway or a parking lot would seem likely, as it would make sense that fights would be taken there. But that's just a thought.

Thanks for bringing this up as I forgot to post that. I had been covered, briefly, on the old board. What I'm looking at is the "Back Alley" for the fighting room. This has not yet been granted approval, so it could very well change, but I'll let you know when things are approved. :)

Thanks!
Reesa

Andion Isurand

First Post
Pertaining to the food choices:

I want to make a push to add some sub sandwiches, classic burgers, (vegiburgers and fish burgers too), thick milkshakes and tasty breakfast omlettes, and pancakes too, hashbrowns, muffins, baggels...

Who says I don't want to show up for breakfast or lunch, or have breakfast for dinner. :D

I don't nececarilly want the 'bar' theme to dominate the d20 modern room. I would add a few more establishments.... or another room for a few more places in the surrounding nieghborhood.

W

WizO_Reesa

Andion Isurand said:
Pertaining to the food choices:

I want to make a push to add some sub sandwiches, classic burgers, (vegiburgers and fish burgers too), thick milkshakes and tasty breakfast omlettes, and pancakes too, hashbrowns, muffins, baggels...

Who says I don't want to show up for breakfast or lunch, or have breakfast for dinner. :D

I don't nececarilly want the 'bar' theme to dominate the d20 modern room. I would add a few more establishments.... or another room for a few more places in the surrounding neighborhood.

Andion, if you'd like to add a store in the surrounding area, drop me an email with the store information (name, owner, wares, description,etc). As far as adding other rooms directly to The Meeting Place, currently that's not an option. Perhaps if the room takes off we can, until then it's a Night Club. (Though we could perhaps turn TMP into more of a grill/nightclub. They have them here in Toronto. Fox and the Fiddle comes to mind for one of the places. They serve lunch and supper meals and have dancing after a certain time. That's always do-able, depending on the room hours. :) )

I do like the idea of having "breakfast" type meals for those who do happen in at the "morning" hours, or people could stop in during lunch hour. That's very possible. :) I'll stick that in my list of stuff. Perhaps La Fiamma di Miele will serve that kind of item to The Meeting Place, or maybe they'll be open for business while TMP isn't. :)

This is all pending but I'll be certain to keep you guys in the loop. Great suggestions! :)

Reesa

Andion Isurand

First Post
Well, my last suggestion was somewhat too American. We need more seafood and international food selections. Perhaps there could be a 'Food Commons' room...

...with many Bots (in one room), to serve food for each kind of establishment.

W

WizO_Reesa

*giggles* Sorry Andion, I don't think we'll get that many rooms for the Modern area. If we went with a vendor bot though, it could provide different types of foods for people to satisfy their needs. :)

Reesa

Andion Isurand

First Post
I think the d20 modern fighting room, should be an outdoor basketball court. That way, people can shoot some hoops for fun, or use the place for a brawl.

Or perhaps a pool room, so people can play pool (or whatever) or get into fights with improvised weapons available... like beer bottles, pool ques, pool balls, any chairs.... and use the pool tables for cover should people with firearms storm the building for some reason....

Aesynil

First Post
I personally like the alleyway idea for combat rooms...a basketball court would just encourage people to use it as a private roleplaying room..which is usually a No-no, heh. Just wouldn't work too good

W

WizO_Bailey

I'm not Adele here, so don't quote me on this. But I think the TMP could get an extra room, like the Emporium and CRT have (Guildhall and Garden). It'd probably have to follow the same suit as the others and only be open certian hours.

Also, I think the best setting for a combat room would simply be 'outside'. How many bars allow fights to go on inside the establishment?

Go on, take it outside. :cool:

W

WizO_Pounamu

Hmmm... Only if the room proves worth the additional space first. Remember, the Cantina never earned another room, whereas the fantasy genres did.

I'd say that if there is clear support for the TMP setting we'd be more likely able to look into giving it another room. In the meanwhile, probably best to concentrate on the simpler things. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases