The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

W

WizO_Pounamu

The Cantina was not without support.
But nothing is certain until the room has been up for a while, not just in discussion.
razz.gif

*sighs* Naturally, I'm one of the ones champing at the bit to have the new system just so we have the new room... lol

pouicon.txt
- Pounamu

W

WizO_Reesa

For some reason, my posts keep disappearing. I've commented on the idea of having something other than just fighting for the battle room (though it was answered nicely.. it must be a straight battle room, like the Arena or Clearing) and I've replied to the idea of other rooms off TMP. I'm going to try this again...

According to Adele, whom I had originally talked to about the possibility of getting additional rooms on TMP (like the Garden off the CRT) was that this will not happen until we have the numbers to support the rooms. Unless we are getting room counts that are high volume, we'll have nothing more than the main TMP room and the battle room.

Now, as far as the battle room goes, it will be outside and it does have to be only battles. This will help eliminate any confusion of what that room is for. It will not be there for people to idly chat in, but for those who want to resort to duking it out or what not.

Reesa

W

WizO_Reesa

There is NO Set date for TMP to open

I was just asked about a rumour going around that is saying The Meeting Place will open in 14 days. This is not true.

We do not have a date set for The Meeting Place to open at this time. If you're curious about the date, feel free to ask me in an email (reesa@wizardsmoderator.com) but when we do have an official date, we will post it here on the boards so you are aware of it.

Thanks
Reesa

Aesynil

First Post
Hmm..most likely, these questions have already been asked..but still, heh.

What exactly is the technological state in TMP's year? Do we have flying cars and moon colonies yet? Computers breaking whatever is after gigahertz? Holographic displays? What sort of weaponry? Androids? Cures for diseases such as cancer and AIDs? Average life-span? If I try to get valet parking on my power-armor complete with beam rifle, will I get lynched? Is their a lesser level of said suit that one could get? Have they found a more efficient energy source yet? Intersteller flight? Cloning? Has Strum Thurman retired YET?

Erm..I'm done. I don't really expect an answer to half of this, just wondering. Sorry if it's repetition from the last board.

W

WizO_Reesa

Wow.. how's that for a bunch of questions to nail your brain early morning? hehehehe.. I think some of this was covered before so let me see if I can answer these again. (After checking the archived board, I only see the one question over there, so I'll answer the rest of these... ]

What exactly is the technological state in TMP's year?
I would imagine with all the advances in technology nowadays that in 2030 they will be more advanced than they are now. We have introduced Aliens into the factor, so it's quite possibly they are well ahead of us in advancement. If there's something you specifically want to know if it's available, drop me a note (reesa@wizardsmoderator.com) and I'll let you know.

Do we have flying cars and moon colonies yet?
Flying cars have not yet been invented but there are rumours of prototypes being worked on in Germany and parts of the US. Moon colonies have not yet been established but the Government is currently working on investigating the possibility.

Computers breaking whatever is after gigahertz?
I would think this is probably quite possible, though I'm not sure what comes after a gigahertz. Since the TMP is taking place 26 years in the future, I would believe that computers are greatly advanced from today's computers.

Holographic displays?
Holographic displays do exist. People can look at holograms and they use holographic displays on billboard signs.

What sort of weaponry?
The weaponry would be advanced sources, some examples of weaponry (as taken from the D20 Modern PHB on page 96) would be: Beretta 93R (9mm machine pistol), Desert Eagle (.50 AE autoloader), HK G3 (7.62mm assault rifle), Uzi, Taser, and so forth. If you want a specific weapon for your character, feel free to ask me via email. ;)

Androids?
Androids are around, though in rare quantities. Not everyone would be found with a personal android.

Cures for diseases such as cancer and AIDs?
From the Archived boards, written by Dantain:
Question: What about Genetic Engineering?
The field of Genetic engineering is further along than it used to be, due in large part to help from the Deltas, who have corrected a few of the stumbling blocks (like how to utilize retrograde viruses to the fullest in altering physcial and chemo characteristics).

Question: What dieases are there? Which ones have been cured? Are there new ones?
The above advancements in Genetic engineering has made cancer as a lethal diease rare (some types of lukemia, and late on set prostate cancers still are though).

HIV/AIDS and assorted Immune deficiencies diseases have also been on the decline since retrograde viruses can be used to protect the cells from these dieases (though it still has a time point for best results).

Ebola, Bubonic Plague, E. Coli, Strep A, and most of modern dieases remain uncured, but most are rare (E Coli and Strep A being the most common, and also not strictly dieases).

The aliens have brought several neoviruses (a term used for viruses capable of readapting within hours to a new enviroment).

Largest among this is SR-99, or Green Bug. Largely harmless, this bug produces symptoms similar to the cold or the flu, with the added discolortion around the mouth and throat of the vicitim, usually to dull yellows and greens in color.

SR-53 is a more dangerous variety that causes the cells lysome covering to untie, causing bleeding laceriations, ulcers, and can in more extreme cases result in death

SR-21 is the most dangerous one, causing snyaptic misfires, resulting in lowered brain stem activity and death in the majority of cases.

Average life-span?
The Average life-span would be about the same as it is today. With the new mutagens and technological advancements, it is possible to extend life further, but you'd not find a 3000 year old man sitting in the night club.

If I try to get valet parking on my power-armor complete with beam rifle, will I get lynched? Is their a lesser level of said suit that one could get?
I'm sure that if you were to go for valet parking for something like that, people would not lynch you. Also, you would probably be able to get a lesser suit of such a type somewhere.

Have they found a more efficient energy source yet?
As yet, they have not discovered a more efficient energy source but scientists are working with our new found alien friends to try and find something more.

Intersteller flight?
Interstellar flight is possible now with the creations of several space based interferometers which are able to look at alien planets and star systems. With the assistance of our new Alien friends, this has made investigating the systems far easier.

Manned ships are currently not available, though with the help of our Alien friends, NASA is gaining more and more insight and the possiblity of a star ship is becoming more likely.

(Just read up on Interstellar flights and it said "Decades and centuries will pass before the stay-at-homes learn what the explorers have found" so I decided to use that for my basis, though with Aliens helping out Earth, it will make the advancement that much faster. )

Cloning?
Cloning is possible, though still being worked on my scientists. It is more advanced in 2030 than it is today in 2003, but they're still working on it. (So you wouldn't find any clone armies running around. ;) )

Has Strum Thurman retired YET?
I think this is probably a joke, and being Canadian I had to look up WHO exactly that was. I'm not so sure I like what I read about this guy. So, given that fact.. (and believing I have the right guy heh) yes.. he's retired. (Also, given the fact it's 26 years in the future at the time of TMP, I would tend to think he's retired. :p)

I hope I answered your questions well enough Aesy... if not, drop me a note and we can hash things out one-on-one. :)

Reesa

S

Ssussunriyh

Originally posted by WizO_Reesa
Has Strum Thurman retired YET?
I think this is probably a joke, and being Canadian I had to look up WHO exactly that was. I'm not so sure I like what I read about this guy. So, given that fact.. (and believing I have the right guy heh) yes.. he's retired. (Also, given the fact it's 26 years in the future at the time of TMP, I would tend to think he's retired. :p)

After serving for something like 48 years, Senator Thurman recently died. So I doubt he'd still be in office in 2030, although you never can tell who people will vote for...:rolleyes:

Just thought I'd toss in my two cents/coppers/microcredits...

Regarding weaponry... the guns listed in D20 Modern are really not all that advanced, if you consider that the basic elements have been around for over a century. The only real advances have been in size reduction (due to improved metallurgy), reliability (fewer jams), and improved bullet designs (hollowpoints and so forth.) In the next 26 years, I don't see any revolutionary new developments in weapons design. (i. e., lasers and particle beams are still way too big to be carried in a hip holster, and require a power source the size of a Volkswagen...)

Regarding "our Alien friends"... have there been any definite ideas about what these Aliens look like, or what their capabilities are? Is there only one single Alien race, or are there several?

Regarding money... what is the standard unit of currency for TMP? I would tend to think that US Dollars are still the norm, unless the world has switched over to a global currency. But this seems unlikely to occur in the next 26 years.

W

WizO_Reesa

Ssussunriyh said:
After serving for something like 48 years, Senator Thurman recently died. So I doubt he'd still be in office in 2030, although you never can tell who people will vote for...:rolleyes:

Just thought I'd toss in my two cents/coppers/microcredits...

Regarding weaponry... the guns listed in D20 Modern are really not all that advanced, if you consider that the basic elements have been around for over a century. The only real advances have been in size reduction (due to improved metallurgy), reliability (fewer jams), and improved bullet designs (hollowpoints and so forth.) In the next 26 years, I don't see any revolutionary new developments in weapons design. (i. e., lasers and particle beams are still way too big to be carried in a hip holster, and require a power source the size of a Volkswagen...)

If any new types of weapons, I was thinking perhaps something like force beam (like Zorbo carries on Andromeda) or something like that, but generally I'd like to stick with the basic modern weapons (as found in the D20 modern hand book and modern world life). This could change as the room advances, but we'll have to rethink this.

Ssussunriyh said:
Regarding "our Alien friends"... have there been any definite ideas about what these Aliens look like, or what their capabilities are? Is there only one single Alien race, or are there several?

When we first started planning the room, Dantain and I had started working on several alien races that effected our world. This has never been completed, and left in planning stages. What do you guys think? Would you like to see aliens, or should we stick to simple mutatants and such?

Ssussunriyh said:
Regarding money... what is the standard unit of currency for TMP? I would tend to think that US Dollars are still the norm, unless the world has switched over to a global currency. But this seems unlikely to occur in the next 26 years.

I would have to agree with you on that thought. I'm going to keep the currency as US Dollars, mainly because the TMP is situated in New York City, so is American based.

Nugan

First Post
WizO_Reesa said:

When we first started planning the room, Dantain and I had started working on several alien races that effected our world. This has never been completed, and left in planning stages. What do you guys think? Would you like to see aliens, or should we stick to simple mutatants and such?

I would definately like to see an alien race or two running around. Perhaps the helpful aliens that have been mentioned and a few groups of aliens with more sinister or mysterious intentions (not to say that the "good" aliens couldn't be up to something).

It'd be nice if one of these groups, probably the "good" group, were the traditional "greys". Since most everyone has a good idea how they tend to look and act, you wouldn't have much of a learning curve when trying to play one.

W

WizO_Reesa

That's a good idea Nugan. We could get a patron who's interested to create a race of "traditional" grey aliens so that others could play them.

Here's a thought.. I'd like to get some people who are interested in creating the following:

1) Alien races that are good - for patron play and for NPCs
2) Alien races that are bad - for patron play and for NPCs.
3) Other races that people could play

If you're interested in helping with one of the above, please send me a note (reesa@wizardsmoderator.com) and let me know you're interested and in what. :)

Please note that this does not mean these races will be in effect, or will be used. This all requires final approval from Adele.

There was a patron who created a feline race for us, back in the beginning. The problem is, with my old age I forget who it was and when I upgraded my computer to Windows XP I lost the old emails in Outlook (stupid thing.. I didn't realize it would eat my old emails :( ). You'll know who you are if you're reading this. Would you please write me again? I would like to discuss with you some things. :)

Thanks!
Reesa

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases