TMP Setting Discussions

J

JudeSedai

People are always going to have weird and random things because they don't think before they give something to a character. It's something we have to learn to live with and accept, even if we don't like it.

The folks that have been saying that not everyone carries a weapon in plain sight are right -- there are elements of the population, I'm sure, who 95% of the time aren't carrying a weapon at all. It's a night club, for heaven's sake, and not everyone is going to wander around in one of those armed, since a weapon in there is more of a liability to them than anything (gun gets accidentally jostled, something goes wrong, BANG, someone's in the ER).

The major disasters thing.....yeah.....I think that definately needs to go through the staff, a lot. And it should probably be posted on the boards so the other players can be made aware of the situation BEFORE it happens. Otherwise, folks are left sitting there staring at the screen in bemusement as they realize half the TMP's population is going on about a disaster they didn't even know happened.

....everything else I was going to say has up and flitted out of my mind. Ahhh well.

~ AJ McConaway

W

Winter Alexander

well i have only read about 6 descriptions that gave weapons and location not concealed.. and anyhow

the emissions: there is a law that states that any vehical that is 1973 (maybe its 72) or old does not have to pass emissions testing( since due to modifications to pass, you would then make it a different car, erasing the fact that it is what it was. ) and because since there would be so few on the road, the effective emission damage to the enviorment would be to small to claim any percentage

And since the wizo's said current laws apply, well thats the way it is, but the fact of the rarity of such wanted cars is a farse to think 11 of them show up at one place in new york, Kit cars are good :D though. so there are more then you think that have weapons out in the open.

and that fact from building a mustang from parts here and there when those years stopped production 63 years ago? add a few thousand onto each part, as it is a well put together and clean mustang today that has most of its original parts can go from 10,000-50,000 and thats todays.. so twenty five years from now it falls into a different age catagory and due to its popularity, the number of the vehicals in driving condition would slowly decrease, though accidents and such things.

Jetbomb24

First Post
Winter Alexander said:
...and that fact from building a mustang from parts here and there when those years stopped production 63 years ago? add a few thousand onto each part, as it is a well put together and clean mustang today that has most of its original parts can go from 10,000-50,000 and thats todays.. so twenty five years from now it falls into a different age catagory and due to its popularity, the number of the vehicals in driving condition would slowly decrease, though accidents and such things.

Yeah, but I was thinking more in the same realm as elf... the parts I was mainly talking about were aftermarket reproductions and such (not a car guy, so take everything I say carwise with a grain of salt)... There's a '70 mustang and there's a ' '70 mustang'... maybe there's a Renaissance of classic cars so that everyone and their brother owns a reproduction or something... An orginial mustang is probibly non-existant outside of a museum piece, so we might just need to assume that all current ones are reproductions and estamate a price for that...

The type of cars people are driving may be a seperate discussion that maybe we should discuss (though what we can do is limited...). On that note, how about the avaiblity of adjacent parking space? I was under the impression that TMP had little to no parking right next to the place and yet I see/hear person after person pulling into the parking lot...

Jetbomb24

First Post
Winter Alexander said:
...and that fact from building a mustang from parts here and there when those years stopped production 63 years ago? add a few thousand onto each part, as it is a well put together and clean mustang today that has most of its original parts can go from 10,000-50,000 and thats todays.. so twenty five years from now it falls into a different age catagory and due to its popularity, the number of the vehicals in driving condition would slowly decrease, though accidents and such things.

Yeah, but I was thinking more in the same realm as elf... the parts I was mainly talking about were aftermarket reproductions and such (not a car guy, so take everything I say carwise with a grain of salt)... There's a '70 mustang and there's a ' '70 mustang'... maybe there's a Renaissance of classic cars so that everyone and their brother owns a reproduction or something... An orginial mustang is probibly non-existant outside of a museum piece, so we might just need to assume that all current ones are reproductions and estamate a price for that...

The type of cars people are driving may be a seperate discussion that maybe we should discuss (though what we can do is limited...). On that note, how about the avaiblity of adjacent parking space? I was under the impression that TMP had little to no parking right next to the place and yet I see/hear person after person pulling into the parking lot...

J

JudeSedai

TMP has a parking lot? Wow.

In all honesty, I doubt that it would. I've never been to New York, but I have been to Chicago, and I know that parking is ALWAYS at a premium. There may be a parking structure nearby, though, possibly across the street or within a half a block or so. Those tend to be common (at least in Chicago).

I suppose it's something that would have to be addressed, though, considering that most folks don't catch a cab or walk to TMP, apparently.

W

WizO_Pounamu

TMP does not have its own off-street parking. Although there is an alleyway down the side, that is a loading area (no parking there).

I remember we went over this during the pre-creation discussions, when we were trying to pin down the location. Suggestions at the time were that there may be a new hotel (one that doesn't exist currently) somewhere nearby which may have a couple of levels of carparks available for public use pay-per-hour) or there may be a parking lot a block or few away.

At the time emphasis was put on the fact that it's far easier to subway and walk or cab around NYC. From my own experience I must agree. A friend that has an appartment there had to drive around for half an hour to find a place to park near her appartment, and the parking she managed was only available for certain days of the week (mon - thurs I think). When the week progressed past that she had to move the car and find a park available for the other days...
As a result we never used her car in the city. It was easier and cheaper to walk, bus, subway and cab places. (She makes heavy use of the cabs. I didn't have as much money as she does. lol) THe car was just there to get us into and out of New York.

Her car, btw, was an old Caddilac. (I can't spell. ;) ) I don't know the year but her partner kept it in beautiful condition. It guzzled fuel though, despite having gone through emission-related modifications. The world is moving further into oil crisis and prices will only continue to rise. Might I suggest considering that most cars would be hybrids at the very least, and the government may well have subsidized the conversions? :angel:

- Pounamu

N

news collum

on parking related stuff, in most major down town cities, parking is paid for if not hard to find and can run you almost 300-500 a month, just in parking :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases