The future of Juxtaposition - PreVote Discussion

Krystal

First Post
I've never been fond of Juxta, myself. It just never seemed to have the feel I was looking for, and as such, I just don't play there. It was convenient now and again to use it as a jumping off point for anyone I made who got lost on the planes and didn't come there of their own will, but beyond that, I never used it.

But I am not most of the players, and what little I have to say is only my own personal feelings.

I do hope a lesson was learned by wizards and all involved at the time to allow a room setting to be one designed by a WizO... as I recall its popularity took a nose dive as soon as the "brain" behind it left. I sincerely hope that this mistake is never made again, for the sake of saving people grief.

I will say this: Be happy you're getting forewarning and a decision in all of this, all of you. I won't deny it, I'm firmly behind the CRT, and have been for a long time. Am I stuck in my ways? Yes, but that's human nature. You see, back when someone decided to have a fit at us, they just yanked the only setting we had and put up an empty expanse. Juxta came into being some time later.

We had no forewarning that the current setting would be removed. It was just gone. We had NO SAY in what would replace it. That decision was made for us.

As for what setting I myself prefer, I can't really say. My main character (and some of my sub-characters) will always be out of setting, and will never completely fit the rules. But that's my prerogative, and I will continue to play them. I honestly never see this aspect of characters ever changing, no matter what setting is picked.

Jeajea

First Post
I take your points, Adele... and maybe I should just get over trying to argue against the removal of Juxta, it sounds like the decision is set in stone. This implies I should be forward looking. But one last gripe; there are very few Adepts who are actually active, and of those, I already have one suggesting they might stop playing once Juxta has gone. I really do fear that this will be the end of the Adepts, even if the funeral march only just begins with the retirement of Juxta. Can we justify, IC, meeting up somewhere on FR?

However, forward looking, like I said... there should, I feel, be some IC reasons supplied for the sudden change in Juxta. The Adepts, ironically enough, may well be able to supply it. Perhaps the Adepts are tired of the constant visitors and constant threats to Juxta? Perhaps outsiders are upsetting the Balance too much? They might want to seal off portals to Juxta, in a move similar to something else done a while back, if any recall all that. I forget the name of the bad guys... anyway. Or a different IC reason, perhaps... but we need a reason. As to Krystal's comments about there not having been any warning last time... frankly, thinking back on it, I think that was quite outrageous. On the other hand, I am acutely aware of how tough a WizOs work is, and how much they put in for us.
Oh, and Adele - I'm not offended, just upset. And this isn't taken or meant in any way personally - I think you, personally, do a very good job. I have no doubt that you've thought about this long and hard. I'm just upset to see quite a lot of work on my part potentially to have been for nothing... or just not very much. So please don't take my words as an attack, they aren't meant as one.

N

Niyarak

Krystal said:
I do hope a lesson was learned by wizards and all involved at the time to allow a room setting to be one designed by a WizO... as I recall its popularity took a nose dive as soon as the "brain" behind it left. I sincerely hope that this mistake is never made again, for the sake of saving people grief.

Same with Cantina pretty much. Hope it doesn't happen with TMP and whatever we get next, 'cause although I think CRT is pretty stable I'm not holding my breath over anything new until it isn't new anymore.

W

WizO_Adele

The change would take place after the votes are all completed, and the decision as to what and where has been completely made. We'll throw up a skeleton website (depending on what is picked - some will go faster than others) and open the room. We can flesh things out further as we go along, though I hope to have the website at full operation within a few months of the changeover.

So really it all depends on how quickly this goes.

Jeajea - I am sure we can find some plot motivations for the Adepts to make appearances elsewhere. Perhaps they might even be tied to the motivations we create for the IC changeover. There are some really bright minds here and I don't doubt if we put them together we'll find some reasons to satisfy most of the desires expressed.

Khaira

First Post
I play an Adept myself and, quite frankly, Juxta is the place where the Adepts were born and the place where they grew to what they are now. Simply throwing them in with another setting wouldn't be right or, probably, fitting to all the work that has put into them.

Maybe, as a last act, the Adepts get tired of the too many disturbances and realize that the Balance (or whatever) is deteriorating too quickly and, as a result, pool their abilities to together to pull Juxta - and consequently, themselves - into Limbo?

W

WizO_Adele

Actually it is rather fitting to the Adepts. Their passion is to explore other cultures and civilizations, including on other planes and worlds. It would be against their character and their philosophy as a society to restrict themselves to one world. To restrict others from their home perhaps, but not to block themselves in as well.

Jeajea

First Post
As unlikely as it seems, I actually agree with Adele. The Adepts would prefer to keep visiting other places. The question is whether we could justify a large and regular Adept presence in any one place... but I don't see why not. It would be a like a student bar... though better IC reasons would always be welcome. The CRT would still be a place open to Adepts, as it was at one time located on Juxta. So... we just have to wait and see how creative we can be. I do, never the less, hold reservations about the survivability of the Adepts.

On the other hand, we don't have a lot of presence as is, so... what difference will it really make? Oh well. Time will tell.

T

typo'ri

for thos uv us who dont no wat a adept is....can u tel us? So we can no beter wen we vot

Jeajea

First Post
I wish I could give you a nice link to a site. We did have one, once... it is an IC group, based on the demiplane of Juxtaposition (Juxta for short). They are scholars with the power to manipulate things called 'Moonbeams' or 'Moonbeam Roads'. In essence. There is a lot more information available, but I don't know where.

Remove ads