New ISRP Webpages

W

WizO_Adele

I am working on our new ISRP webpages as we speak. I thought it would be a good experience to share the process publically. What I have in mind is providing you the new ISRP main link and letting everyone literally watch as the new website is constructed. This is a good faith effort on our part so that you can see progress at work. It will also allow you to give instantaneous feedback and commentary on what you are seeing, which should help make the website more fluid, consistent and polished. I realize it may not go smoothly and perfectly, but this is a learning experience and I want to give this a try, so please bear with me.

The link is http://wizo.wizards.com/isrp/

The main thing now is to add the content. Fonts, themes and so forth will be played with later. Please feel free to give me commentary and feedback.

PsionScribe

First Post
I like it! I just think the NPC's section for TMP should have more NPC's. Just a little more info on everything. I can't wait till it debuts in the chat rooms!

A

Adept_Nathan

About The Site?

* snippit *

I like the premise: that of an all-in-one site containing all three settings (ISRP General, Juxta, and TMP).
It is easier to have more information in one location, than it is with many.

Having said thus, I am willing to render services in the areas of brainstorming, web design, graphic design, fonts, and anything else necessary.

If you are interested about two ideas that I am currently developing, or any of the above services, please email me with your requests.

At Your Service,
Nathan

W

WizO_Adele

The general ISRP section is now up and running. When you have a moment please give them a look over and provide any feedback you can on content or organization. I made a lot of changes as I was going, and I'm naturally prone to overlooking something or making a mistake. There were a lot of Cantina references to remove and change, and I want to make sure I got every one and brought the pages up to date. Font and text we can play with later.

For those looking to help, I am looking to expand upon some of the articles and information pieces provided on the General ISRP pages, and should you have an idea for a missing piece or an extension to a current piece, I would be happy to discuss it with you. I would love to see this section grow with patron written articles and tips, a vast assortment of help files to cover every aspect of ISRP. I think it would be a true asset to the newcomers to the site as well as the veterans.

I appreciate you taking the time to look it over.

Nevine

First Post
I have one suggestion to make, and one Cantina reference to point out.

First, in the What is ISRP section, the next to last sentence reads, "The Cross Roads Tavern and Juxta have a defined setting of a medieval fantasy, so characters from a typical fantasy story are acceptable." If we're looking to further define the settings, Juxta really doesn't strike me as "medieval". Maybe high fantasy, planar fantasy or perhaps some new fangled ISRP term. There are just some thing that won't fly in the CRT/Oerth that will on Juxta. Figuratively speaking, the opposite is true when taken literally. Also, I think the term "traditional fantasy" would better suit the CRT as medieval implies a certain culture and advancement which Oerth does not conform to given its various human subraces.

Cantina Reference: (I'll edit this if I find more)

ISRP Rules, The Fugitive and Bounty List: Characters that break the law in the Emporium, The Tavern, or in The Cantina (and associated rooms) will be placed on the Fugitive and/or Bounty List, with the law they have broken, and the punishment received, as well as the day it occurred.

Character Descriptions, Creating or Modifying Your PC's Description: Be sure to check out the descriptions of character races that frequent the ISRP rooms before beginning or modifying your description. The list is not exhaustive, but rather is a list of those races *usually* found in The Cantina, The CrossRoads Tavern, and in The Emporium.

Harassment, Harassment in the ISRP Area: From time to time we have guests that come into the Crossroads Tavern, Emporium or Cantina to do nothing more than disrupt and harass the other guests.

W

WizO_Adele

Nevine - Thank you, those changes have been made.

Adept_Nathan - Thank you as well.
*The font and hyperlinks are something I will have to get back to.
*As to the Astral Plane issue the Moonbeams are based more out of the Moorcock mythology. I'd be willing to entertain a change like that, but the time being my energy is elsewhere, and I have some other long term plans for Juxta that might make the question moot.
*A download page I can look into. I'll talk that over with Admin. It won't happen overnight, I'm still editing text, but hope to get to that phase soon.
* Other changes made.

As I have updated, if you could add more changes in future posts that would be helpful, so I don't have to remember which ones I've already done. It's easy to see anything after my most recent post is on my 'to do' list.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the help. And if any of you want to write more material for the website, I will happily accept patron contributions. There are still many areas to be fleshed out.

My apologies for taking so long to get to these changes.

Ummm... just a note, on some parts of the side menu, especially on mozilla/firefox (not nearly as much on internet explorer) the words bleed into and occassionally past the black image border, making it look very messy. I think it's most apparent with the "General ISRP" submenu. I started tinkering around with the HTML and isrp.CSS on my comp, and the easiest way I can get the text to even fit in without bringing in messy, problematic borders is by adjusting the

Code:
#left_menu ul      { text-indent: -10px; list-style-type: none; display: block; padding-left: 15px }
line to be

Code:
#left_menu ul      { list-style-type: none; display: block; padding-left: 5px }
and then the page looks so much more nice and neat. While the horizontal difference in menu levels is a bit smaller, it's still quite apparent and the design works out very nicely. Try it out.

Thanks for listening,

Remove ads