Arcana Evolved: Transcendence

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I was wondering if anyone had this book yet, and if so, what your thoughts were on it. What's the totem speaker like?

Does anyone know where I can find a table of contents? And is it color or B&W?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Ranting

First Post
Transcendent

I've owned the book for a while now, and I'm allowing portions of it into my own Arcana Evolved game. The book is about 90 pages long, and the interior artwork is all in black and white. I'm not sure where you'd find a Table of Contents online, but I can give you some idea of it's contents. It contains an Evolved Class keyed to each ability score, the Totem Speaker Core Class, and replacement levels for most of the classes (except for Magister, Runethane, Warmain, and Witch who all get other goodies). It has a plethora of new class-specific feats that can greatly improve the class' theme or special abilities. It also presents a new substance, Tylonian Crystal, which adjusts to the wielder's desires if he takes the appropriate feats to manipulate it.

As for the Totem Speaker, it's another 3/4 BAB, 7 spell levels caster like the Mageblade, which gains animalistic powers not unlike the Geomancer's Drift. The big thing that makes the Totem Speaker unique and potentially insane is that from first level it gains the ability to determine it's skillpoints based off of wisdom instead of intelligence, which coupled with it's number of skillpoints and spells, could make it comparable to the Akashic for skills.

Robert "Hope that's Vague and Yet Informative" Ranting

I would compare the totem speaker to a bard with flexible "totem" abilities. You can get flight, claws, natural armor, and more. They get a d6 for hit dice, but very very good skill abilities.

JoeGKushner

First Post
It's a black and white 96 page expansion for AE. In many ways, it's like a Complete XX book for D&D, but it covers almost all facets of character advancement for AE. Very good book in my opinion. I'd rate it a high 4 stars.

Remove ads