Age of Worms (Whispering Cairn)

unleashed

First Post
Orin Heartwood, Male Half-Elf Ranger

[SBLOCK=Orin Heartwood]Orin Heartwood
Male Half-Elf Ranger 1
Experience Points (required): 500 (1,000 for 2nd level)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Ehlonna

Height: 5’7”
Weight: 121lbs
Hair: Auburn (reddish-brown)
Eyes: Green
Skin: Lightly Tanned

Strength 14 (+2) [14 base (6 pts)]
Dexterity 16 (+3) [16 base (10 pts)]
Constitution 10 (+0) [10 base (2 pts)]
Intelligence 14 (+2) [14 base (6 pts)]
Wisdom 14 (+2) [14 base (6 pts)]
Charisma 10 (+0) [10 base (2 pts)]

Class and Racial Abilities
Medium humanoid (elf); Base speed 30 feet; Immunity to magic sleep effects and a +2 racial bonus to saves against enchantment spells or effects; Low-light vision; +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks; +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks; Weapons and Armor Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons, light armor, and all shields (excluding the tower shield); Favoured Enemy(s): Aberrations +2; Wild Empathy +1.

Armour Class: 15 (10 base, +3 Dex, +2 armour) [touch 13, flat-footed 12]
Armour Check Penalty: 0
Arcane Spell Failure: 10% (n/a)
Hit Dice: 1d8 (8)
Hit Points: 8 (1 currently)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 feet (30 feet base)

Base Attack Bonus/Grapple: +1/+3

Weapons
+3 melee [2d6+3; 19-20/x2; slashing; greatsword]
+3 melee [1d4+2; 19-20/x2; piercing or slashing; dagger]
+4 ranged [1d8; 20/x3; 100 feet; piercing; longbow]
-- [+1 to hit and damage within 30 feet]

Saves
Fortitude +2 [2 base, +0 Con]
Reflex +5 [2 base, +3 Dex]
Will +2 [0 base, +2 Wis]

Skills (32 points; max ranks: 4)
Craft (bowmaking) +6 [4 ranks, +2 Int]
Hide +7 [4 ranks, +3 Dex]
Knowledge (dungeoneering) +3 [1 rank, +2 Int]
Knowledge (geography) +4 [2 ranks, +2 Int]
Knowledge (nature) +3 [1 rank, +2 Int]
Listen +7 [4 ranks, +2 Wis, +1 racial]
Move Silently +7 [4 ranks, +3 Dex]
Search +7 [4 ranks, +2 Int, +1 racial]
Spot +7 [4 ranks, +2 Wis, +1 racial]
Survival +6 [4 ranks, +2 Wis]

Feats
Track [1st level Ranger bonus]
Point Blank Shot [1st level]

Languages
Common, Elven, Draconic, Sylvan

Equipment
Leather [15 lb]
Greatsword [8 lb]
Dagger [1 lb]
Longbow (self made) [3 lb]
40 Arrows [6 lb] (34 remaining)
Explorers Outfit (deep green/black)

Backpack [2 lb]
-- Artisan’s Tools (bowmaking) [5 lb]
-- Bedroll [5 lb]
-- Flint & Steel [0 lb]
-- Money, wrapped tightly in a piece of cloth (7 gp, 3 sp, 8 cp) [0.36 lb]
-- Rations, Trail (4 days) [4 lb]
-- Waterskin [4 lb]
-- Whetstone [1 lb]

Weight Carried: 54 lb (54.36 lb including money)

Carrying Capacity [14 Strength]
Light: 58 lb. or less; Medium: 59-116 lb.; Heavy: 117-175 lb.;
Lift (over head): 175 lb.; Lift (off ground): 350 lb.; Drag: 875 lb.

Money
7 gp, 3 sp, 8 cp

Appearance
Orin is an athletic and handsome half-elf, with shoulder length auburn hair tied back in a ponytail. Mindful of everything around him he is always on the alert, often sensing the slightest movement or the softest sound, his hawk-like gaze instantly turning to the disturbance. His clothing is of dark forest colours, which you imagine would blend seamlessly into any natural environment near Diamond Lake. Strapped to his back are a lovingly polished longbow and a mighty greatsword, while at his belt he carries a dagger and several quivers of arrows.

Personality
Orin is a disciplined and quiet man, who’s greatest joys are working with wood or wandering the wilderness just to see what’s there. A staunch protector of the wilds, he believes in taking only what is needed, and is angered by those that waste natures' bounty. Not one to go out of his way looking for friendship, Orin gets on well with those around him, but prefers the solitude of his own company in most situations. He finds aberrations to be quite disturbing and at the same time interesting due to their bizarre nature, so has studied them intensely learning what he can of their anatomy and behavior.

Background
Born here, raised here, I’ll probably die here. Supposedly my father is Aelwyn Starflower, an elf who works for Ellival Moonmeadow owner of the silver mines. He probably doesn’t even know I exist, after all he only had a brief fling with my mother. (Amanda Heartwood, my mother, was working the veiled corridor at the Emporium at the time, and once they found out she was pregnant she was booted--of course I know nothing of this). She’s worked at the Spinning Giant for as long as I can recall.

I don’t know how she did it, but my mother got me an apprenticeship of sorts with Venelle several years ago. It’s far better than working at the mines, which is where most of my friends have ended up, and I seem to have a knack with wood. I spend a lot of time sharpening weapons, oiling armour, and managing the shop when Venelle is busy finishing one of her amazing bows, but I’m happy to do that for when we close the shop for the day she teaches me her craft. I love working with the wood, and it’s been mostly arrows until recently, but I’ve finally started working on my first bow. Nothing special, just a simple longbow, but it feels good to be crafting something which requires a little more skill and it shows me Vanelle thinks my skill is improving.

We also engage in weapons practice most mornings before opening the shop, it’s usually an extended session starting before dawn when she gets a new shipment in and she wants to test a few of the blades. When she’s in need of new wood for her craft Venelle shuts up shop and we go into the surrounding countryside hunting for choice pieces, during these forays I learn a little something about woodcraft too. We’ve encountered some Lizardfolk during these expeditions, but so far we’ve managed to hide from them or avoid them entirely.

It’s a very full life, but I’m itching to set out on my own and find my fortune...[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
Chryse L'Aura
Lawful Good Male Human Cleric (1)
Worships Apollo
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 140lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blond
Skin: Tan

STR: 10 (0)
DEX: 12 (1)
CON: 16 (3)
INT: 12 (1)
WIS: 16 (3)
CHA: 10 (0)

HP: 11
AC: 16
~ Touch: 11
~ Flat-Footed: 15

(5) Fortitude: 2 + 3
(1) Reflex: 0 + 1
(7) Will: 2 + 3 + 2

(1) Initiative: 1 + 0
BA: 0
~ (0) Grapple: 0 + 0

Weapons
Shortspear – 0 (1d6) x2
Shortbow - -3 (1d6) x3

Skills
(7) Concentration: 3 + 4 + 0
(7) Heal: 3 + 4 + 0
(3) Knowledge History: 1 + 2 + 0
(8) Knowledge Religion: 1 + 4 + 3
(3) Listen(cc): 3 + 0 + 0
(2) Perform String Instruments: 0 + 2 + 0
(1) Search(cc): 1 + 0 + 0
(3) Spot(cc): 3 + 0 + 0
(-16) Swim(cc): 0 + 0 - 16

Feats
Skill Focus: Knowledge Religion
Iron Will

Special Abilities
Turn Undead 3/day

Spells
(0) - 3
Detect Magic
Light
Virtue

(1) - 2 + 1
Divine Favor
Remove Fear
Cure Light Wounds (Domain)

Healing Domain
You can cast healing spells at +1 caster level.
Sun Domain
Once per day, you can perform a greater turning against undead in place of a regular turning. The greater turning is like a normal turning except that the undead creatures that would be turned are destroyed instead.

Languages
Common
Celestial

Possessions
Shortspear (3lbs)
~Type: Piercing
~AB: 0 + 0
~Damage: 1d6
~Critical: 20x2
Shortbow (2lbs)
~Type: Piercing
~AB: 1 + 0 - 4
~Damage: 1d6
~Critical: 20x3
Scale Mail (30lbs)
~AC Bonus: 4
~MAX DEX: 3
~Check Penalty: -4
~Speed: 20ft
Light Wooden Shield (5lbs)
~AC Bonus: 1
~Check Penalty: -1
Cleric's Vestments (6lbs)
(20) Quiver (3lbs)
Waterskin (4lbs)
(2) Belt Pouch (1lb)
Sunrod (1lb)
Lyre (3lb)

Weight Carried: 52lbs (Medium Load = 20ft)
Light Load: 33lbs or <
Medium Load: 34lbs – 66lbs
Heavy Load: 67lbs – 100lbs
Lift Over Head: 100lbs
Lift Off Ground: 200lbs
Push or Drag: 500lbs

Speed: 15ft

Moneys
GP – 70
SP – 0
CP – 0

Background
Chryse comes from a poverty-stricken family. His father, a miner, succumbed to the Red Death outbreak only a couple of years after Chryse's birth, leaving his mother alone to raise the boy. Chryse himself was always a sickly child; he was almost permanently under house-arrest for the greater part of his childhood because of his mother's fear of him coming down with a virus or spreading one to his meager number of friends. After the second friend of his contracted a flu spread from Chryse and died, nobody wanted to come within ten feet of him.
Perpetually alone, Chryse turned to music and the stars he glimpsed through his window for friendship. A friendship with mutual gain. Sometime after his sixteenth birthday, Chryse began singing in a tongue strange and unfamiliar to his mother. She sent for the priests to exorcise him, but when they came to perform the holy task, they were astounded to hear the boy sing in Celestial; the Language of all that is Good. They took him from his home to the church to be raised properly in the teachings of Heironeous. Soon the priests began to fall ill and die around him. The abbot was not pleased and turned Chryse out as a curse to all mankind. Pestilence incarnate.
Alone again, Chryse looked once more towards the heavens for his true friend and prayed that he might be shown the Light. Apollo heard his prayer and sent to Chryse a dream. In this dream Chryse walked alone surrounded by thick thorny tendrils of darkness, everywhere tearing at his heels as he walked on towards a beacon in the distance. He awoke before he could reach the beacon in a forest, dead and twisted briar on all sides; the stars shining above him. He caught the glint of something shining not far from where he was laying. Knowing his dream to be an Omen sent from his loved god, Chryse picked his way to the golden light, ignoring the cuts and scrapes he gathered in the process. At his goal's end, he came upon a pile of gold, catching the light of the stars above, spilled from the torn pockets of some poor lost soul. Among the lost one's possessions was a lyre and a bow; still in good condition. What caught Chryse's eye first and foremost was the splendid sliver symbol of Apollo. The god of Music. The god of Pestilence. The god of Archery. The god of Healing. The god of Light.
As he grasped the symbol of his god, the body beneath him stirred. Before him now stood an undead beast he was not familiar with. In pure reflex, Chryse held his symbol forth, invoking the name of Apollo. From that symbol shone the brightness of a thousand suns, and when the light evaporated, all that was left was the rising dawn.
His treasure had, Chryse returned to Diamond Lake and began preaching the Glory of Apollo. Most looked on him as a madman; some cult-god worshipper. Certainly no one would suspect him of being chosen by a god. It was all he could do to get the blacksmith to accept his coin in exchange for his wares...

Personality
Chryse is a devoted follower of Apollo and will stop at nothing to spread his faith to those that will listen.
When shunned for his beliefs, Chryse will accept it stoically. Just because those around him can't see the Light doesn't mean he should give up in his cause.
He is quiet about all else. His past is best left forgotten; so full of death and misery. All he wishes to speak of is Apollo.
If ever he is praised, he claims it is the gifts Apollo grants him. If ever anyone lends an ear he will perform for them the arts most loved by Apollo.

Description
Not sure as to how he should present himself as a cleric, Chryse has chosen to garb himself in things every priest he has ever known might carry. Over his armor he wears a long flowing white surcoat; on its breast is printed a blue symbol of a lyre. He is a simple follower of a foreign god.

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Tom "Shadow" Rhein - Rogue 1

Code:
Name: Tom "Shadow” Reinn
Class: Rogue 1
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Alignment: CN

Str: 12 +1        Level: 1        XP: 0/1000
Dex: 16 +3        BAB: +0         HP: 7 (1d6+3)
Con: 12 +1        Grapple: +1     Dmg Red: 
Int: 16 +3        Speed: 30'      Spell Res: 
Wis: 10 +0        Init: +3        Spell Save:
Cha: 10 +0        ACP:            Spell Fail: 

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:              10    +2    +0    +3    +0    +0    +0    15
Touch: 13              Flatfooted: 12

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      0    +0    +0    +1
Ref:                       2    +3    +0    +5
Will:                      0    +0    +0    +0

Weapon                 Attack   Damage    Critical	Range
Rapier			  +1	  1d6+1	  18-20/x2	 
Dagger			  +1	  1d4+1	  19-20/x2
Dagger, Thrown		  +3	  1d4+1   19-20/x2	 10’

Languages: Common, Draconic, Giant, Gnoll

Abilities: 
Prof. in Light Armor
Prof. Simple Weapons & Hand Crossbow, Rapier, Sap Shortbow, Comp. shortbow and short sword.
Sneak Attack – 1d6
Trapfinding

Feats:
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot

Skill Points: 48         Max Ranks: 4/2
Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Appraise		   0	+3	     +3
Balance			   0	+3           +3
Bluff			   0	+0	     +0
Climb			   0	+1           +1
Concentration		   0    +1           +1
Diplomacy		   0	+0           +0
Disable Device		  +4    +3	     +7
Disguise		   0	+0	     +0
Escape Artist		  +4	+3	     +7
Forgery			   0	+3	     +3
Gather Information	   0    +4	     +4
Hide			   0	+3	     +3			
Intimidate		   0	+0           +0
Jump			   0	+1           +1
Listen			   0    +4	     +4
Move Silently		  +4    +3	     +7
Profession
-Bartender (Ale Maker)	  +4     0	     +4
Ride			   0    +3	     +3
Search			  +4    +3	     +7
Sense Motive		   0	+0	     +0
Spot			  +4    +0           +4
Survival		   0    +0           +0
Swim			   0    +1           +1
Tumble			  +4    +3	     +7
Use Magic Device	  +4		     +4

Equipment:           	     		Cost  Weight
Leather Armor		     		  10       15
Dagger x10				  20       10 
Rapier                                    20        2
40 Arrows		                            2	 
Backpack                                   2        2
-2 Waterskins                              2        4
-10 Days Rations                           5       10
-Winter Blanket                           .5        3
-Case, Map or Scroll                       1       .5 
-Flask                                            1.5
-Flint and steel                                    1
-Thieves Tools                            30        1
Total Weight: 49lb      Money: 16gp 9sp 7cp

Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push
Max Weight:    43     86   130   260   650

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 180lb
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Black
Skin: Tanned

Background:

I so can not wait to get out of this town. I am tired of mines, tired of this filth and tired of having to lick the boot heel of the mine managers. Heh heh I wonder if they will ever find out I am actually working for all of them. They always want to find out what is going on with each other and I happily feed them this information for a price. The problem is they are such cheap bastards that they don't give me a whole lot of coin to live on, especially when I have to pay out a lot to keep my butt in the clear. One of these days I will find something useful in this backwater town to make even the managers fear me. I hope to be able run this town one day and then all of them can lick my boot heels.

Hell, I am not even from this town but my family and I were passing through on our way to Greyhawk when we stopped in this town for a few weeks as my father had some business to attend to. We stayed a few weeks too long as the plague struck and my entire family was killed because of it. I was the only one it seemed to not touch and with my family dead I found myself taken in at the Able Carter Coaching Inn. At first I thought things were going well till I found out I was raised to basically be their indentured servant as my father owed the owner something. He decided to take his payment by having me serve him as his bartender and also make some of his ales until he said otherwise. The only good thing about this is I learned a lot from everyone who came and went through those doors and I learned to fade into the background so people would not even see me and not guard their so called private talks.

I think the most important thing I learned was that information was valuable to the right person and that the shadows were your best friends. I tended to always stay in the shadows so my "owner" tacked that name on me one day and I liked it. Here is hoping that one day I will make it out of here but for now I will just have to make do.

One day though....

Majin

First Post
OoC: Just porting over to here atm. Will update formatting and make it pretty when I get a free moment.

Damien Ves’Aru
Male Human Fighter 1
Alignment: Neutral
Height: 6' 1''
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 14 (+2)

HP: 12
AC: 17 (+3 Dex, +3 armor [Studded Leather], +1 shield [Buckler])
Touch: 13
Flat-Footed: 14
Init: +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Init.)
Speed: 30ft.

Saves:
Fortitude: +4 [+2 base, +2 Con]
Reflex: +3 [+0 base, +3 Dex]
Will: +0 [+0 base]

BAB: +1
Melee Atk: +3 (1d6+2 x2, quarterstaff)
Melee Atk: +3 (1d6+2 19/20 x2, short sword)
Ranged Atk: +4 (1d6 x3/60 ft., short bow)

Skills:
Climb +0 [0 ranks, +2 Str, -2 AC]
Handle Animal +4 [2 ranks, +2 Cha]
Intimidate +2 [0 ranks, +2 Cha]
Jump +0 [0 ranks, +2 Str, -2 AC]
Profession (Horse Trader) +2 [2 ranks]
Ride +7 [4 ranks, +3 Dex]
Swim -2 [0 ranks, +2 Str, -4 AC]

Feats:
Simple Weapon Prof. (Fighter)
Martial Weapon Prof. (Fighter)
Light Armor Prof. (Fighter)
Medium Armor Prof. (Fighter)
Heavy Armor Prof. (Fighter)
Shield Prof. (Fighter)
Combat Reflexes (1st level)
Improved Initiative (1st level)
Power Attack (1st level)

Languages: Common

Animals:

Juniper – Light Horse (8 gp) (Profession bonus)
Carrying – 99 lbs. (Light Load)

Light Load – 150 lbs. or less
Medium Load – 151-300 lbs.
Heavy Load – 301-450 lbs.

~(On Horse)
Bit & Bridle (2 gp, 1lb.)
Military Saddle (20 gp, 30 lbs.)
Saddlebags (4 gp, 8 lbs.)
Containing:
~
Feed (7 days) (35 cp, 70 lbs.)
Bedroll (1 sp, 5 lbs.)
~

Equipment:

Quarterstaff (- gp, 4 lbs.)
Short Sword (10 gp, 2 lbs.)
Short Bow (30 gp, 2 lbs.)
40 Arrows (2 gp, 2 lbs.)
Studded Leather (25 gp, 20 lbs.)
Belt Pouch (1 gp, ½ lb.)
Containing:
~
Flint & Steel (1gp, - lb.)
~

Weight:
Carrying – 39 ½ lbs. (Light Load)

Light – 58 lbs. or less
Medium – 59 – 116 lbs.
Heavy – 117 – 175 lbs.

Money:
1 gp, 5 sp, 5 cp

Background:

Ozmar

First Post
Sir Jorun Trask

An introduction:

[sblock]Scene: Sanctuary of the Temple of Heironeous, in the garrison outside Diamond Lake. Sir Jorun Trask enters, and bows before the High Prelate, Valkus Dunn.

Valkus: "Welcome, welcome. Come in, young Blade."

Jorun: "Sir Jorun Trask, reporting for duty, sir."

V: "You may rise. So this is the captain's mighty son. He speaks highly of you, and at great length, so that I have longed to meet the subject of his pride. I must say, you seem younger than I expected. Not quite so hardened for a man who routed the formidable Ogres of the Bloody Peaks."

J: "Your pardon, Father, but I think you mistake me for my older brother, Koruth. It was his bravery which you speak of."

V: "'Brother'? I did not know Captain Trask had more than one son."

J: "He does not speak of me as much, perhaps."

V: "I see. Well, if you are cut from the same cloth as your elders, then you shall be a fine asset in the service of our Lord."

J: "By the grace of Heironeous, I shall do my best."

V: "So what misfortune brings you to this pitiable town?"

J: "Sir?"

V: "What have you done? Whom have you wronged? Come, you can confide in me, boy, I am your priest, and your confession will be heard."

J: "I beg forgiveness, but I have done nothing to be sent here against my will."

V: "So? Perhaps some enemy got the better of you and falsely accused you? Tell me, and I shall help you make it right."

J: "None sir. I am here by the will of Heironeous, none other."

V: "You chose this assignment? Willingly?"

J: "In obedience to our god."

V: "How do you mean? What priest sent you here? He must have disliked you for some reason..."

J: "Your pardon, Father, but no priest sent me. I asked to be assigned to Diamond Lake."

V: "What's this? How did you come to this decision."

J: "Through prayer and meditation to our Lord, I received an oracle in a dream. I have been called to show the mercy and grace of Heironeous to those who need it most, and to be his sword by defending the weak from evildoers. Through my father, I knew that the nature of this town. There are many people here without hope. They have no reason to be good because they see no value in it. I am here to show them that the teachings of Heironeous offer them hope, and that through living a good life, they can lift themselves out of their troubles. I believe that this calling was chosen for me by our god, and I must obey."

V: "My son, I have been preaching the good word of Heironeous to these heathen for 30 years. I fear that many of them are beyond hope, as you shall see."

J: "With respect, Father, Heironeous teaches that no man is beyond hope."

V: "Except for those who will not heed his teachings."

J: "As you say."

V: "And here in Diamond Lake are many such men, unfortunately. Still, your youthful idealism does you credit. And when it is dashed by the hard lessons of reality, you shall come to me to repent your pride and folly."

J: "We shall see, Father. If it is pride that blinds me, then I shall repent. Yet I hope that I am driven by humble obedience to our god."

V: "We shall see. Well, then. Welcome to your flock, young shepherd. May Heironeous grant you wisdom enough to learn from your experiences. In the meantime, report to your watch commander for your duties."

J: "Yes, Father."

Jorun departs.

V: (aside) "Poor, young fool. He shall be a useful servant, for as long as he lasts."
[/sblock]

The Character Sheet:

[sblock]Sir Jorun Trask
Male Human Paladin 1
Alignment: Lawful Good

Height: 6’0"
Weight: 180
Skin: Fair
Hair: Brown

Str: 16 (+3)
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 16 (+3)

Class Abilities: Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil (1/day, +3 attack, +1d6+1 dmg)(good)

Hit Dice: 1d10+1
HP: 11
AC: 16 (+4 Armor, +2 Shield)
Armor Check Penalty: -4
Init: +0
Speed: 30ft

Saves
Fortitude: +3 [+2 base, +1 Con]
Reflex: +0 [+0 base, +0 Dex]
Will: +1 [+0 base, +1 Wis]

BAB: +1
MAB: +5 (1d8+3/19-20/S)

Skills
Concentration: +2 [1 rank, +1 Con]
Diplomacy: +5 [2 ranks, +3 Cha]
Handle Animal: +4 [1 rank, +3 Cha]
Ride: +2 [2 ranks, +0 Dex]
Know (Nobility): +2 [2 ranks, +0 Int]
Know (Religion): +4 [4 ranks, +0 Int]

Feats:
Improved Smiting (Complete Divine: Smite deals an additional +1d6 damage and is a good-aligned attack.)
Weapon Focus (Longsword)

Languages: Common

Equipment:
Longsword
Chain Shirt
Heavy Wood Shield
Uniform (garrison)
Backpack
Rations (10 days)
Holy Symbol
Prayerbook / Journal
Writing Pen
------------------------------
Total Weight (61.0#) (light load)
Total Value (142.1gp) (any remaining shall be donated to charity)
[/sblock]
Appearance:
[sblock]
Appearance: Jorun Trask is a young, healthy human of medium build. He is attractive and carries himself with an air of confident assurance. He is friendly and always ready to lend a hand to those in need. He trains himself physically so that he can meet the demands that his god will place on him during his travels.
[/sblock]
Personality:
[sblock]
Personality: Jorun is outgoing and helpful. He feels for the suffering of others and is eager to ease all pain wherever he can. He is a bit naive of the world, but hopes that he will be able to help change things for the better.
[/sblock]
Background:
[sblock]
Background: Jorun grew up in and between Diamond Lake and the Free City, living alternately with his father, Tolivar, and his mother, Esmerelda of Greyhawk. He and his elder brother, Koruth, greatly enjoyed the time spent with their father, and relished the physical games and sports of the young men in the military life. Their mother and younder sister, Ester, were more inclined toward the magical, and eventually left the family to join the wizard's life. Jorun's father never took well to his wife and daughter involving themselves in those vile magicks, and basically divorced her, driving her away through neglect and spite. Koruth shared his father's prejudices, and his love of strong drink and martial glory. Jorun also admired the strength of arms, but had something of his mother's compassionate nature, and underwent a crisis of conscience when his mother and sister abandonded the family. Finding himself alone in Greyhawk, he fell on the Temple of Heironeous for aid and comfort. Taking him in, the high prelate taught him the Word of Heironeous, and Jorun found his calling. When his father sent for him, he asked to remain at the temple in their service, and Tolivar agreed.

Jorun spent many years training in the temple, and experienced several vivid dreams through which he came to believe that he had been chosen to lead a restoration within his god's temple. Seeking guidance, he continued to consult his elders, but never got answers that seemed to conform to his visions. He began to be disliked by his peers and elders, and they arranged to have him transferred out of the city. Sensing that his time to leave had come, he asked to be transferred to Diamond Lake, and the high prelate was only too happy to agree.

So Jorun came to Diamond Lake, hoping and believing that his god had sent him to this town to make a difference for Good.
[/sblock]

Ozmar the Paladin

Saterus

First Post
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Samuel Nomas
[B]Class:[/B] Sorcerer
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Fharlanghn

[B]Str:[/B] 10 (+0) (2p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0 (1,000 Required)
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 (+1) (4p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 5 (1d4+1)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 (+1) (4p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +0     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] n/a
[B]Int:[/B] 14 (+2) (6p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] n/a
[B]Wis:[/B] 14 (+2) (6p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +1        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +0  <== Not sure about
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 (+3) (10p.)    [B]ACP:[/B] 0          [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]         10     +0   +0     +1   +0    +0   +0     [B]11[/B]
[B]Touch:[/B]         11 
[B]Flatfooted:[/B]    10

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]    +0     +1   +0    +1
[B]Ref:[/B]     +0     +1   +0    +1
[B]Will:[/B]    +2     +2   +0    +4

[B]Weapon          Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Shortspear       +0      1d8+0         x2
Sling            +1      1d4+1         x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Dwarven, Elven  (has a funny accent in dwarven and is still learning elven.)

[B]Abilities:[/B] Arcane Spells, Summon Familar (none yet)

[B]Feats:[/B] Negotiator, Communicator

[B]Spell-like Abilities:[/B] [I]Arcane Mark, Message, Comprehend Languages[/I] 1/day

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 16       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                     Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Profession(Merchant)          4    +2    +0    +6
Dipomacy        (cc)          2    +3    +2    +7
Sense Motive    (cc)          2    +3    +2    +7
Appraise        (cc)          2    +2    +0    +4

(No concentration, spellcraft, or knowledge(arcana) skills would fit with the background. I like it like this actually. He'll learn things eventually.)

[B]Equipment: [/B]
Shortspear
Sling
Bullet Pouch
  - Bullets
Spell Component Pouch
Artisan's Outfit
  - Sun-bleeched Tan Shirt with sleeves
  - Light Brown Long Pants
  - Forest Green Cloak
  - Dark Brown Hat

Backpack
  - Rations (few days)
  - Waterskin
  - Flint + Steel

(Packs light)

[B]Total Weight:[/B] Not much      [B]Money:[/B] 5gp 15sp 34cp  (or whatever you see fit, I didnt keep track of money or weight.)

[B]Spells[/B]
[I]Level 0 Spells[/I]
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation
Light
Ghost Sound

[I]Level 1 Spells[/I]
Sleep
Charm Person

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145lb
Hair: Loose wavy Brown
Skin: Not pale, not particularly tan
Appearance: Samuel walks with an beginning of what you could call a commanding presence, except for occasionally tripping over his own feet. Dispite this, his natural attraction and leadership skills make people listen when he talks, even if it's not particularly important. He is often the center of attention, mantaining a down to earth likeableness. He's been wearing the same 3 sets of clothing for a year, since his father walked out of his life, doing his best to keep them clean. What used to be good cloth has worn thin and become faded, but only he seems to worry about it.

Background:

Entry 1, from The Journal of Samuel Nomas, Coldeven 4th, CY 593

After a suggestion by Jim Reave, one of the coal men working down at the smelting house, I've decided to make a journal. I guess the journal needs to be brought up to speed with my life as well. I suppose the best way to start it is to copy down what I told him about myself.

So you want to know my life story this time? That obviously means its your turn to the buy drinks.

I've never really known my family. Since I was a small boy, my father, a merchant, took me on his travels to and from the Free City (Greyhawk?). My mother and brother lived in the city, while my father traded with other small villages. One day, we came back from a trip out to Diamond Lake, and they were just gone. The house we lived in was cleared out, only basic furniture left. No signs they had ever lived there before. We tried to find them. No one knew anything. After a while, we had to move on. For the past ten years or so (most of the time I can remember anyway) he has come almost exclusively here to Diamond Lake to take ore to the Free City and bring back food. As a result, I've lived most of my life on the road, stopping here and in the Free City. My father began drinking after my mother and brother disappeared, and took to spending more and more time in the tavern rather than working out better deals with the mine owners and merchants in the Free City. He left that to me the past few years. We did okay, not great, but enough to buy food. I spent most of my time playing Dragonchess wherever it was possible.

Then hows it you ended up stuck here in Diamond Lake? A bright boy like you with experience as a merchant could be making more of yourself than sweeping the smelting house floors.

Yes, I know. I was getting to that, and yes, more people than you know have told me that since I started there.

You'd be suprised how many people I know-

Do you want me to finish? Anyway, things weren't that great. Since I was about 13 or 14 I began having more changes than are normal for someone that age. (*slowly*) I began being able to preform...tricks. At first, I thought I was cursed. Candles would go out, I would hear strange noises, occasionally see odd lights, hear an odd word or two in a language I don't know. After a while, I figured out that I could control these events. They were just little things to make my life a little easier. I could put out candles without getting up, whisper to people across a large room, keep bugs out of my blankets, clean my cloths off after playing or working. I would entertain myself while I was alone by drawing starlight like scenes in the sky. Eventually I began to pick things up without ever touching them. Make rips in clothing disappear as if nothing ever happened. (*even slower*) Well, one night my father saw me do some of these things. We were here in Diamond Lake, and staying in the Able Carter that night, about to head to the Free City the next day. He acted like he hadnt seen anything that night, but the next morning he confronted me on it. He called me a witch and accused me of consorting with demons. He blamed me for my mother's disappearance, claiming the demons I bargained with took her. No son of his would be dealing with demons, and as such, I was no longer a son of his. He left town as I pleaded with him to understand and let me explain.

(*Long pause*)

I don't know how I do the things I do. For the past few months, I've begun seeing the swirling energies that must be what drives my....tricks. I just...know thats what they are. I've not understood how I know any of the things that have happened in the past year, but I know in my gut the answers are correct. I haven't dealt with any demons or anything of that sort. In fact, you're the first person I've told this to.

That still doesnt explain why you are wasting away in this one horse town.

Well, after my father left, I tried to convince some of the other merchants to take me to Greyhawk, but it seems that my father has spread his, err, misunderstandings, to the other merchants that frequent the route through Diamond Lake to the Free City. None of them will get near me dispite my experience in trading, and for many of them, years of friendship. After running out of money, and being stuck here in town, I had to find a way to eat. That's where the smelting house came in. I'm not as likely to die in there as in the mines, not to mention the fact that I don't exactly have the miner physique. I'm trying to find a merchant passing through that will take me to the Free City, but it's looking like I may have to go to Blackwall Keep or Elmshire first. The job at the smelting house is relatively safe, puts food in my belly, and gives me enough time to talk to all the merchants passing through the Able Carter.

Sounds to me like magic, my boy, but it's not like I know much about it. You'd be good to talk to one of the wizards in town.

I can't say I haven't thought about it before. *indecision flashes through his eyes* No, the last thing I need is to be run out of town for this. I don't want to tell anyone else. I regret even telling you. I didn't need to drag you into this.

Well kid, your secret is safe with me. I'm not scared of you, and I'd rather stay on your good side if it comes to it.

Well I don't want to end up stuck here the rest of my life. I'm sure my tricks will be good for something someday.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases