Converting True 20 damage to d20...some roadblocks

Gundark

Explorer
I have been following the conversion document in the back of the True 20 rules. I want to convert true 20 damage and recovery over to regular D&D. I have run into some problems.

1) dealing with natural armour. True 20 does not address natural armour. The obvious answer is to use Natural armour in the damage save. However natural armour and armour stack in regular d20. This makes for some crazy high damage saves.

2). Monks maybe in a bit of a pickle. Being a combat class they have really low damage saving throws (no armour). I am considering allowing the wisdom modifier to be allowed in the damage save. Comments?

3) Undead. No CON scores makes figuring out damage save a problem.

4) Regeneration. Not too sure how to bring it over.

5) one of my players has power attack. How would power attack look in True 20? (if the feat is there under a different name I have missed it).

any help would be appreciated.

DanMcS

Explorer
You can go based off how these worked in MnM, which the true20 rules were derived from.

1) dealing with natural armour. True 20 does not address natural armour. The obvious answer is to use Natural armour in the damage save. However natural armour and armour stack in regular d20. This makes for some crazy high damage saves.

MnM addressed this with the power level cap, which doesn't really exist in true20. Probably just don't allow them to stack, say they overlap.

2). Monks maybe in a bit of a pickle. Being a combat class they have really low damage saving throws (no armour). I am considering allowing the wisdom modifier to be allowed in the damage save. Comments?

Give them the Evasion (MnM1e)/Defensive Roll(2e I think) feature: they can make a reflex save instead of toughness against damage as long as they aren't flatfooted.

3) Undead. No CON scores makes figuring out damage save a problem.
This is a pain in MnM, too, because if you make undead or constructs have no Con score they're weaker than something else of their power level, toughness-wise. Probably give both of them a toughness bonus based on the material they're made out of to replace the Con score they don't have.

4) Regeneration. Not too sure how to bring it over.
In MnM, regeneration just takes away a hit every so many rounds.

5) one of my players has power attack. How would power attack look in True 20? (if the feat is there under a different name I have missed it).
In MnM, PA lets you convert BAB->damage at 1 for 1, up to 5 or your BAB, whichever is less, and it's useful but not overpowering.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases